Hello all

I just got a Erica Synths 2x84HP case with PSU.
Their website states that "This case has integrated Erica Synths PSU capable of 1.25A per rail (2.5A total)."
But looking at the PSU, a Mornsun URA2412LD-30WR3 it says OUT ±12VDC / 1250mA
I'm afraid of burning my brand new modules and their support seems to be a bit slow on replying.
Anyone with a similar case can shine some light please?

Hi Oldan,

Not sure where the issue is? I don't see it to be honest, as you mentioned already:

Their website states that "This case has integrated Erica Synths PSU capable of 1.25A per rail (2.5A total)."

And then you checked your PSU (good by the way to check!) and you found this:

OUT ±12VDC / 1250mA (thus -12 V at 1250 mA = 1.25 A and +12 V at 1250 mA = 1.25 A, together 2.5 A; I assume, unless the manual of that PSU says differently)

So that's the same, isn't it, so... where do you see an issue? Did you bought this Erica Synths case new from Erica Synths or an authorised Erica Synths dealer? If yes, then this should be fine.

You could start with one module, then two, etcetera, in case you are still not sure but I don't see an issue.

Have fun with modular and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

1A = 1000mA

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Oldan,

Not sure where the issue is? I don't see it to be honest, as you mentioned already:

And then you checked your PSU (good by the way to check!) and you found this:

OUT ±12VDC / 1250mA (thus -12 V at 1250 mA = 1.25 A and +12 V at 1250 mA = 1.25 A, together 2.5 A; I assume, unless the manual of that PSU says differently)

So that's the same, isn't it, so... where do you see an issue? Did you bought this Erica Synths case new from Erica Synths or an authorised Erica Synths dealer? If yes, then this should be fine.

You could start with one module, then two, etcetera, in case you are still not sure but I don't see an issue.

Have fun with modular and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you for the explanation, I don't know much about power technicals.
In the meantime Erica support replied and confirmed its all fine, its 2500mA in total.