this user has left ModularGrid

Hi all,

Right now I've been using my Elektron Octatrack to sample modular but looking for an in rack solution. So far it seems like 1010 Music Bitbox and Rossum Assimil8r would do what I need to sample cool modular sounds for editing and playback like what my Octratrack does. What are your favorite sampler modules and why did you go with the particular solution? Rossum is very expensive compared to Bitbox so trying to see the pros/cons of both or perhaps consider another module? I just picked up Mutable Instruments Beads which is a granular sampler quite different than to read in an audio source and mangle for recording and playback.

been eyeing the Erica Synths Sample Drum. I've heard somebody saying that it felt like two channels of the digitakt without the sequencer in Eurorack. Imagine 4xSample Drum + Westlicht Performer + FX Aid to emulate Digitakt on Eurorack? xD

I’m also looking at Squid Salmple as an option.

I own the 1010 Music BitBox. I dig it for sampling modular... since it is modular. It's pretty simple to use and can record pre-specified lengths (when properly clocked).

The BitBox is also compatible with Ableton Live. You can load a 4x4 grid of samples into Ableton as a drum rack. This is nice for processing samples afterwards.

The language is also edible in a text editor, so swapping out samples or building new kits off-line is pretty easy.

Yeah that is the selling point to me on the 1010 Bitbox that it can record and export as Ableton files for reuse easier in DAW.
Looks like multiple samplers would benefit me. Just like having lots of modulation sources and support modules.