I am setting up a system with two cases and really need to be able to see both at once in MG - is this possible?

Thanks.

I have multiple cases too, and have just extended the rows and hp of a single Modular Grid case to match my full rig.
My complete system is 2 x 12u x 104hp racks side by side (208hp) wide so I have built my MG rack to be 210hp wide with 2hp blank panels representing the space between racks.

I did it like farkas, but you can open two separate browser windows, set them up side by side and then cut, copy and paste modules using the keyboard shortcuts. But is a bit tedious, so I'll stick to my way too huge 'combo'-rack...

I've done both but it makes it a pain to keep up to date

8 racks for a total of 1816hp not all full at the moment - but I quite like using blind panels to spread out a bit and I keep the panels for my DIY backlog in there too!

I use the whole rack mostly for positioning modules and the individual racks for working out power consumption

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Oh yes, working out power consumption for individual cases can be a pain when you use the combo-rack method. Got 5 cases at the moment. I tend to duplicate the huge rack and then delete all modules down to the one case I want to check...

@gumbo23
1. open the two racks in two different browser windows.
2. be sure Keyboard Shortcuts are enabled
3. in the first window hover over a module and press c
4. in the second window hover over the rack (important) and press v

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Oh yes, working out power consumption for individual cases can be a pain when you use the combo-rack method. Got 5 cases at the moment. I tend to duplicate the huge rack and then delete all modules down to the one case I want to check...
-- Jonau

This is what I have done in the past as well.

it's how I got mine too...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

@gumbo23

-- modulargrid

Wouldnt it make sense to be able to have two separate cases on the same page ? Of different height and length. Or is it too hard to code ?
I miss that

@modulargrid

@gumbo23

-- modulargrid

Your workaround does not work properly on mobile devices like iPad :(
Also it's complicated when trying to store iterations of your whole setup.
To have two (or more?) cases with separate power consumption charts on the same page would definitely let me pay for a unicorn account :)

I agree, with a large modular synth that has 6 racks, having the ability to edit multiple racks more easily in 1 screen would be cool.
I currently use 1 gigantic rack, but it's becoming difficult to see power usage. It would also be nice to see & edit individual racks at times, and the whole big rack (6 together) at other times.