The "sort by price" button seems to be broken (at least for me).

• go to the modules tab
  • reset all filters
  • select a function (I picked VCA)
  • click "price"
  • arrows points up -> Moog Subharmonicon at 1667,- is first, then modules follow going down from 647,- etc.
  • click "price" again
  • arrow points down -> Metasonicx S-2000 at 1979,- is first, then modules follow going down from 1500,- etc. After a few pages, the prices start going up again (minimum was Gainbrain at 19,-) over numerous pages

All I want is to filter for functions (or maybe other things) and then get a list with modules starting at the lowest price.

I think the problem is related to modules with prices listed as ~150€ or whatever, when sorting by ascending price these seem to appear first in descending order!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Another thing, too, deals with how MG handles currency conversion. You have the option for putting in prices in EUR or USD on the module edit page, but the conversion routine places its work in a wholly different order. Same thing happens when MG only sees USD as a price, and then has to convert those to EUR, with the same sort of ordering result. Apparently there's not much to do about it, either, since this is necessary; some European modules cost more in the USA, and vice versa.

You all got it right, the price sort function was broken since the beginning of MG times.
The problem is, that modules can have USD and EUR prices, just USD, just EUR or neither. These prices are stored in different table columns. On the website it was trivial to calculate the missing currency from the currency that was there but I did not get the sorting right on SQL level, e.g. calculate all the missing prices within the sort option.
I have now found a way that should improve the situation with one caveat: modules without a price do not show up when sorting by price. If I would include them, all modules without a price (price == null) would be at the beginning of the search result which might be confusing? Do you think that makes sense or should they be appended to the end of the search result?

All I want is to filter for functions (or maybe other things) and then get a list with modules starting at the lowest price.

I hope that is working better now!

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

at the end makes most sense - "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it!!" kind of idea - hopefully all 'commercial' modules will then get a price tag and those that don't might be "Dave's homebrew triple vca with built in coffee maker, or whatever" which no one but Dave cares about...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Totally agree, better have a working solution that omits a few modules than having no function at all. Maybe add all modules that come without a price tag at the end, no matter which way you sort the list.

it may also encourage anyone who hasn't put a price on their module to actually put one!

Oh and yes, sort by price seems to work as expected now. Thanks for the fast fix!