this user has left ModularGrid

So looked at some options and updated my mobile support rig for use with my Endorphin.es Shuttle System:

ModularGrid Rack

I put O&C plus for support tools to complement the Apex module for plenty of modulation, envelopes and so forth plus it has a quantizer and other goodies. Plum Audio has a sale so I saved 10% and free shipping. I may swap that out with Disting EX in my other case and Ladik dual trigger delay when it arrives or just put these in my Doepfer 6u case for a second support case with the Shuttle System. So now I have two good travel cases one that lies flat and can use 1u modules for sequencers, mixers and support modules to use for jams and what not.

I played it tonite and instant house and techno beats. Sounds amazing and fun to play. I have two O&C on the way one for this case and another for my larger case. I’m going to use my modular to record a bunch of tracks to remix later in my DAW to create some music. Really enjoying the Endorphin.es modules they are the closest I’ve heard yet to real techno and house music for Eurorack.

You will never record a song in the DAW of that I am sure. You already have problems to operate a simple Eurorack sequencer like Eloquencer, or your pathetic attempts to operate a simple mixer.

and you are full of crap Next_G so buzz off if you do not have anything nice or valuable to contribute. I always heard better to be silent than be rude. No need for that here. If you don't like my music don't listen!

and you are full of crap Next_G so buzz off
-- sacguy71

+1. Either contribute a way to avoid what you're talking about, or STFU.

Quick suggestion: consider replacing the Wasp in there with the amazing Shakmat's Dual Dagger: 4 filters in only 6 HP (basically 2 HP and 2 LP per channel), and will deal with the stereo signal from your chainsaw a little better IMHO. If you're hand with an iron, they do sell it as a kit as well - I built mine with the Shakmat team in Brussels and I've been enjoying delicious stereo filtering ever since. Would work nicely as an end of chain performance filter as well I suppose ;-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Thank you @toodee for that great recommendation. I can swap out the Wasp and put that in my Make Noise case which really is begging for a proper filter anyways as it only has a LPG to fill the space gap and get Cyber Monday deal on the Shakmat Dual Dagger. Chainsaw is super awesome!

Chainsaw does sound pretty cool, I almost went for it, but felt like the Ensemble Oscillator was a better choice for me, and I probably won't need both. Probably ? Oh no, not again ! :-)
Anyway, I currently have a patch going involving the EO and Dual Dagger, brother is it delicious-sounding stereo goodness, it's butter made of notes moving from one ear to the next - unless I start turning the Cross-FM knob on the EO, also known as the "Summon The Demons" knob, then I'm going navigating into the 7 circles of Hell :-D The Dual Dagger would be a great choice for you, a great alternative to the QPAS I believe you already own (and very different beasts, of course) and it's also pretty useful for the reverse use case, to make a mono signal animated in stereo...

--- Voltage control all the things ---

I needed a good supersaw module that would fit in my palette case and it worked out great for pair with drums. My friend has an Ensemble Oscillator and that sounds amazing as well but it is larger size and I had to plan space out my careful in the smaller case.

I don't have QPAS in the Make Noise Shared System it has Optomix which is a dual channel LPG that can work like a filter or VCA but lacking in more options in terms of what a traditional filter provides. Anyways put Wasp in the Make Noise case works well and the Dual Dagger in palette case should be fine. I was also looking at Endorphin.es Squawk Dirty but I have plenty of Endorphin.es modules now and have the larger brother of it in my Endorphin.es Shuttle System so a fun new filter in stereo is good. I also picked up a new Shakmat clock and clock divider module as I needed another clock to synchronize all of my portable modular systems besides Pam.

Now, hold up...did you guys see the thread about the Modulaire Maritime TAROT? That seems like it might even be better, because you get wavefolding in addition to waveform animation, with CV inputs in addition to the audio I/O. Plus, you get a suboscillator in there, too. About the only stumbling block would be that it's 12 hp, but it really needs that real estate given how jam-packed the panel already is.

Oh wow Lugia that Tarot looks really interesting! I’ll put on my wish list for now.
I just updated the firmware on my Endorphin.es Ground Control sequencer. That was painful getting the tiny SDCard back into the slot of the module since they put it on back of module. The good news is the update worked and I went from 1.51 to version 1.61 so I’m good for that now.

You will never record a song in the DAW of that I am sure. You already have problems to operate a simple Eurorack sequencer like Eloquencer, or your pathetic attempts to operate a simple mixer.

-- Next_G

It's pretty sad when this is your first and only post in four years of membership and your only contribution is to try and insult another user. You can do better.

Agree this Next_G clown is a joke and troll.

"You will never record a song in the DAW of that I am sure. You already have problems to operate a simple Eurorack sequencer like Eloquencer, or your pathetic attempts to operate a simple mixer."
-- Next_G

well Next_G you low IQ MORON- I have recorded lots of modular songs into a DAW you JERKOFF Next_G so GFY you dipshit!
Where are your songs and recordings, your modular skills are PATHETIC. So quit slamming me and produce music!

I have recorded lots of modular songs into a DAW
sacguy71

Do you mean the scratching noises as ModularBen on Soundcloud? I laugh myself broken.

I have recorded lots of modular songs into a DAW
sacguy71

Do you mean the scratching noises as ModularBen on Soundcloud? I laugh myself broken.

-- Next_G

Come on, man. Don’t you have something better to do than troll a very small community of supportive folks? Music has different sounds and meanings to each of us. What you are doing doesn’t accomplish anything. We will continue to support each other’s interests and growth regardless of this kind of negative energy.

Yea these tracks I recorded are really old when I was a total beginner many years ago! But I’m actually working on a modular concept album and thus far most feedback has been positive! Now I’d like to see what actually music and albums this Next_G troll nobody has done? Eh tu Brutus? You are nothing but a sorry and pathetic angry little man who hides behind a keyboard and has zero portfolio or music albums.

Just ignore. Don't feed trolls. He'll eventually get tossed off of here with that sort of behavior.

Proverbs 11:12

Amen to that mog00 and Lugia.
I had fun last night experimenting with Ground Control and finding the right master clock setup. I’m really liking my Shakmat Clock O Pawn and Time Wizard combo for making beats without a sequencer.

-- Next_G

Wow dude you must be fun at parties...smh
Never will understand what compels someone to say crap like this even if you do truly believe it...which is ridiculous considering I'm assuming you don't even know sacguy71. I enjoy reading posts by sacguy71 and gain a lot of knowledge from them. What do you contribute but bad vibes and negativity...hope you can find some peace and chill out.

JB

Thanks jb- yeah me thinks this Next_G dude needs to smoke some weed and spend more time creating cool stuff to share with the world on his massive modular setup instead of taking cheap mean pot shots at people. The world already has enough negative crap going on. Plus music tastes vary so much. Did you know that electronic music pioneer Morton Subotnick album Silver Apples of the Moon would be considered unlistenable to mainstream folks today who are addicted to rap hip hop crap and pop garbage? It would never chart top 40 mainstream today but does not mean it is bad music it is very experimental like my stuff!

Did you know that electronic music pioneer Morton Subotnick album Silver Apples of the Moon would be considered unlistenable to mainstream folks today who are addicted to rap hip hop crap and pop garbage? It would never chart top 40 mainstream today but does not mean it is bad music it is very experimental like my stuff!
-- sacguy71

Now I have another album to go listen to ;) Last week it was Klaus Schulze that someone recommended. I think @Lugia mentioned him in a post I made to reference some sounds that Klaus had on an album...I didn't end up liking that particular album (a couple songs yes) but I listened to a few more of his albums and really liked them.

JB

Yeah good experimental stuff and amazing what they did back on modular years ago. We are so lucky to have amazing choices in synthesizers and modular items today and the market is exploding as new makers create new ideas that take classics and modern design. Like the Roland re-issue of the classic 808 drum machine the TR-8 is super fun affordable and portable for beat making plus I think you can feed triggers from the boutique Roland re-issues to modular and so forth. I have really enjoyed listening to old electronic music from Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream.

Yeah good experimental stuff and amazing what they did back on modular years ago. We are so lucky to have amazing choices in synthesizers and modular items today and the market is exploding as new makers create new ideas that take classics and modern design. Like the Roland re-issue of the classic 808 drum machine the TR-8 is super fun affordable and portable for beat making plus I think you can feed triggers from the boutique Roland re-issues to modular and so forth. I have really enjoyed listening to old electronic music from Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream.
-- sacguy71

I picked up a 'used' TR-8S recently from Patchwerks a few weeks ago...really digging the sounds I can do with that. I have got it sync'd up with Ableton pretty well (took a lot of fiddling around). Are you using TR-8S as well?

JB

No, I bought a new Roland TR-8 their boutique reissue of the legendary 808. I needed battery power to pair with my OP-1 and TB-03 for jamming on the go and on the sofa.

Did you know that electronic music pioneer Morton Subotnick album Silver Apples of the Moon would be considered unlistenable to mainstream folks today who are addicted to rap hip hop crap and pop garbage?
-- sacguy71

Which is quite weird. I know of a couple of the Detroit pioneers who'd have a copy of that in their crates so that they could beatmatch the sequenced section of Part II against a basic track, then they'd keep the track up as the Subotnick tailed off into the weird Buchla dribbles in the last part of that side. Given that Morty did this with a single clock source, that trick works GREAT!

Yeah I agree Lugia and the thing is music has such a wide range of types and tastes. I mean take pop music today most of it sickens me and I don't listen to it. I like weird stuff like Kraftwerk, Art of Noise to modern metal music and jazz. I did get a new 7u Intellijel case to pair up with my 4u palette case and Doepfer 6u case so think it will be good for mobile stuff. I do want to get some more modulation sources as that is the thing I run out of the most in advanced patching. Dnipro Krait looks interesting for a modulation LFO type source and Divkid 0chd as well. I am having good results with the new Erica Synths Black Sequencer and Endorphin.es Ground control for my sequencers. Now I can save pattern presets for recall, multiple live playback modes across a dozen tracks and mix it up.

Heh...well, I got to watch Kraftwerk's rise to importance with "Autobahn" and the follow-ups. If you go back to that time-zone and check the reviews of something like "The Man-Machine", you'd think Kraftwerk were the biggest culture-wreckers in all of music history. Amazing how that's not even close to the case now.

Of course, many of those same critics shat all over Led Zeppelin when their first album dropped, so this is a pretty good example of why to not listen to music critics.