Then realised....

I have 'Pams'

!

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

that's always a good lesson to learn: always ask can I do this with what I already have? before even looking at other modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

And with a bit of re-patching I liberated 3 more Pams Outs that were just shooting a regular clock.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

I love Pam and have two of them. But recently wanted a simpler clock and trigger device and bought a Shakmat Clock O Pawn and Shakmat Time Wizard. Really love the simplicity and fun factor of the Shakmat for making weird tribal drum modular beats. I clock my VPME Euclidian Circles with it for wild modular drum patterns. No menu diving.

I was very tempted by the Shakmat Clock O Pawn, cool that you can stop it but its still counting so when you start it again you are still on beat.

Don't overlook inexpensive VCOs that can work at LFO rates.

Don't overlook inexpensive VCOs that can work at LFO rates.
-- Ronin1973

I just got the Doepfer A-143-9...messing around with it using Warps and WMD ultrafold...whoa

JB

I have two Pamela's New Workout modules and my new favorite is Shakmat Clock O Pawn with Shakmat Time Wizard. No menu diving, easy to use and works great. It does not have as many features as Pam but far simpler to understand and use. I bought it as an extra clock and clock divider/multiply module to improve my understanding of clock modulation with Eurorack.

I have two Pamela's New Workout modules and my new favorite is Shakmat Clock O Pawn with Shakmat Time Wizard. No menu diving, easy to use and works great. It does not have as many features as Pam but far simpler to understand and use. I bought it as an extra clock and clock divider/multiply module to improve my understanding of clock modulation with Eurorack.
-- sacguy71

I was considering a second Pams for my drum skiff rework, but I think I am going to go with the Clock O Pawn/Time Wizard route. I want the drum rig to be as immediate/hands on as possible and that combo looks like tons of fun.

One other clock-gen module that I think is very worthwhile is https://www.modulargrid.net/e/evaton-technologies-clx This thing is actually a dual clock...except that, with its internal logic gating, you can squeeze out a host of other clock-based signals depending on which gate's in use and what rates the clocks are at. Very interesting idea with a deceptively-capable module; looks simple, does way more than "simple" implies!

-- sacguy71

I was considering a second Pams for my drum skiff rework, but I think I am going to go with the Clock O Pawn/Time Wizard route. I want the drum rig to be as immediate/hands on as possible and that combo looks like tons of fun.

-- xnax
Oh yeah you will love Shakmat Clock O Pawn and Time Wizard! I get some cool tribal drum grooves with mine.