Hello all!

I'm wondering what is the highest quality rack and power supply to place inside a standard 19" rackmount desk or sidecar?

Are the Doepfer A100 G6 ok to have amultiple without hum and noise?

What else is out there, looking for the highest fidelity option.

Thanks!!

I'd just trust the Doepfer's OEM supply. Dieter's worked for many years on working out the PERFECT Eurorack supply, and the current revision of his big supplies are pretty spiffy.

Plus, if you've got concerns about hum and switching supply noise, there's other ways to fix that...namely, ferrites.

Ferrites are small bits of formed iron (and other metals) that are used to kill crap on DC lines. They're more common in RF applications, but they're relevant here, too. Have a look: https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-csb31-275-10 Now, how you'd use these in a modular is to kill crud before it gets into the DC busses. So, with each DC leg coming off of the P/S, you would take that wire, loop it around the inside and outside a couple of times, then snap it closed. That'll kill switching noise as well as sizable amounts of DC ripple.

Now, to avoid the hum issue...in this case, this is important if you do any live gigs, where you don't know how the grounding circuits work (if at all!) in order to dodge ground loops. It's also useful for killing crud that might be sneaking in via the outputs from a mixer/faulty cable/god knows what. And that device is this, or something along the same lines: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-isolator. This is perhaps the simplest implementation of that...but simple doesn't equate to unusable in this case. Rather, the internals in that module offer ground lifts, transformer isolation, and a ganged "master out" control. Mind you, if you do work in a studio in some place that has balanced power, this can still have some uses from hitting its transformers with a bit hotter signal, which then gives you some nice, warm, "big iron" saturation.

Lastly, your bus boards should be the filtered variety. Not only does this help with external crud, these can help keep module leakage signals under control to some extent. Granted, if you've got one rogue module that INSISTS on dumping RF junk into the rest of the synth, they're not apt to deal with that...but then, if you've got a module that IS doing that, you should probably have it looked at or swap it out for a different one.

Hey Lugia. I have 2x meanwell rt 65 b P/S.
I have really bad noise problems. I puted 2 ferrites on wires before they go in bus board but it didint help.
Am looking on NKP (noise killer plugs), but not shure will it help.
I have noise only on filter modules. I user erica synth vcf1 and wasp filter.
If I put lfo in filter cv input then filter out to mixer (no audio input in filter)
I can hear lfo sweeping noise when audio is at 30%+ I need put my Volume at 20-29% so there is no noise.

The big question I have to ask here is what did you have the resonances set to? It could be a problem...but at the same time, if the resonance controls on the VCFs is set too high, it can start to make a VCF behave like a VCO, which might explain the sweep sounds. Plus, if the ferrites are doing their jobs, that would tend to eliminate external sources as the cause. Try turning the resonance all the way down on those VCFs, then feeding them the sweeping LFO. You also might try feeding the VCFs' modulation via an attenuator between the LFO and VCF, as the incoming LFO might be a little too hot for the VCFs. Just use the attenuator to back down the LFO's level...this will result in a bit less span on the sweeps, but this may also keep the sweep sounds out of the VCFs.

Thanks for answering!
Noise is with res off to, and if i use no lfo its there to.
If I use only filter + mixer i can here it when i am moving cutoff.
Funny thing I got it working. If I put filter out to mixer and vca to filter in there is no more noise. (intellijel quad vca)
Now i can go full volume and all good..: ) i dont know why this works but it does..