ModularGrid Rack

Im making ambient with the above.
Would it make sense to add a doepfer 151 sequential switch to this setup??

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

yes - the a-151 is small, passive and inexpensive and works well

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I usually see sequential switches being recommended for systems with multiple sequencers.i record straight into reaper through the domixx.

Will order the doepfer today also gonna order a doepfer buffered mult

I use mine to either switch modulation outputs between different modulation inputs or vice versa

why do you think you need a buffered mult? how are you sequencing - I don't see a sequencer in the rack... and you already have links... you could probably do fine with a passive mult... there's no need for exact when multing modulation or audio - a tiny bit of voltage droop will be unnoticeable

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I use mine to either switch modulation outputs between different modulation inputs or vice versa

why do you think you need a buffered mult? how are you sequencing - I don't see a sequencer in the rack... and you already have links... you could probably do fine with a passive mult... there's no need for exact when multing modulation or audio - a tiny bit of voltage droop will be unnoticeable
-- JimHowell1970

thanks,ahh might gonna get a passive mult instead,just to have one in the case other than the links

Can anyone give me some pointers in ways to patch the sequential switch ?

Actually, just use inline mult widgets. This build is right on the edge where I would say to not have the mults in a build at all due to space constraints.

Most of the time, a sequential switch is what you'd use to switch between sequencer rows (such as the Moog 960 and the 962) by sending end-of-row signals to the switch so that the next row is, say, row 2 or 3, then back around to row 1, etc.

However, they DON'T have to be used for only sequencing. The ARP 2500's Mixsequencer is an electronic switch-type device that can scan across several incoming audio signals and change the inputted signal each time your clock sends a pulse to the Mixsequencer. But you can do the same thing with most any present-day switch; feed four audio signals into the switch's inputs, set up your clocking for it, and then send the output to whatever audio destination you like. Same thing works with control signals, too.

In the test gear world, these devices are referred to as "multiplexers"...several signals go in, clock steps through the inputs, and the result is a single output consisting of whichever channel is selected by the multiplexer. Same idea applies here, also. One that could be fun is to send differently-divided clock signals that can then cause a sequencer to jump around in time with the switch's selected input. LOADS of that good ol' "abuse potential" there...

How I use my sequential switch - a-151

2-4 sources -> inputs
output -> input on a module

or

outputs -> 2-4 inputs
source -> input

trigger into trigger in to step through them

sources and destination can be pretty much anything - audio of cv, as the a-151 is effectively passive (yes I know it draws a bit of current, but the switchng is passive, I've also had it switching video

switch cab be set to 2.3 or 4 - gaps in i/o are fine