Good day modular people.

I would like to know what you think of this setup?

I am going for a techno live performance case.

Is there some things i am missing? Do i have as well enough utilities to run this beast?

Hope to hear some feedback, will be much appreciated.

Thanks

too many sound sources - so completely unbalanced - especially with the massive sequencer
no filters
poor mixing solution
no real vcas
no mixing for cv
no utilities
no control

black panel maths are near unobtanium - maybe you can find a replacement panel...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the feedback. I thought so a bit.. hehehe....
I need to revisit this system a bit more.

sounds like your instincts are reasonably good then...

take a look at and think about the formula in my signature - it's a quick and dirty, rough guide to getting the most versatility out of a modular for the least expense

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

alt text

Thanks gill909 for your version of my live case. I will check out these modules a bit.

Is there a way I can see better the modules names, can you maybe list them? Or is there a link to this case so that i can see the information on there? Would help greatly, thanks

Please see the link to my updated live Techno case.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/command_center/197880

I am very open for inputs and comments. I was thinking as well what do you think of the endorphins furthrrrr generator? Is it maybe better to get rid of it and get some smaller VCOs because of the space limit here.

Thanks

I am very open for inputs and comments. I was thinking as well what do you think of the endorphins furthrrrr generator? Is it maybe better to get rid of it and get some smaller VCOs because of the space limit here.

-- Melivora

The size is a definite drawback. As is the price. If you want to stay with the West Coast oscillator architecture, it seems far more sensible to go with the source of this idea: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tiptop-audio-buchla-258t Same idea, but $578 cheaper and 12 hp smaller. Two of those would fit into 36 hp, which is the Furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrthhh's width plus 6 more hp.

The other stumbling block here is the Queen of Pentacles. For one thing, it eats up yet another 30 hp. Secondly, it's got that same cost issue; if the 909 sound is what you need, just go and buy one of Uli's RD-9s and save $320, then lock it up to the synth's clock (or come up with your own clock distro solution). Plus, kicking THAT one out altogether will open up plenty of space to fix the "voice vs utes" issue here. You can also then go with a smaller sequencer that only handles CV/gate, instead of the extra drum channels here. Or, why not go with a Beatstep Pro or Keystep Pro? The former gives you two CV/gate channels and a pile of drum sequencing "lanes", while the latter adds a keyboard to that, more or less, and neither take any cab space that could be used for something NOT available as an outboard device.

Thanks for the input Lugia.
I think I will part with the Furthrrr generator and get maybe 2 smaller VCOs for this setup.
The thing with the Queen of Pentacles is that I really fell in love with that kick drum and the hole module as per say . I was considering an external drum machine like the RD-9s but I would like to have all these things in my case. And so for the Ground Control as well, I really like it the workflow and then how it incorporates with the Queen of Pentacles.
For the Instruo Arbhar my idea is to make textures to keep the mood of the track in the back ground running.
I would say these tree modules is my main aspects of the idea of Techno case I would like to build.

For the utilities modules what should I be looking at more to make this integrate well with the concept?

Thanks so much for the input, much appreciated

If you really dig the way that the Furrthrr sounds, then why not go for the original? You could get THREE of Buchla/Tiptop's 258t complex oscillators for a fraction of the Furrthrr and still have money left for a very good bottle of whisky to sip on whilst pondering the spectral mayhem. And if you just go with two and then find another 6 hp nearby...maybe tossing the Super Sawtor (it IS discontinued, after all) to get that...those two 258ts will slip right into place.

Hello....
So I went back to the drawing board and came op now with this case.

Here is the link
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/command_center/197880

I would like to know what do you think of the following, if there is enough of these module sorts....

Post mixing capabilities?
Enough modulation sources?
Enought VSAs and VSFs?
And Utilities?

This case is still in the making....

Thanks