I started my 104HP thinking it'd be a supplement to my Moog Semi Modulars - M32, SubH, and DFAM - and now it's something else all together.

Basically, I ended up with a unit that could be a standalone voice vs. just supplementary to my semis. I also wanted the ability to process acoustic instruments. I tried to add in some utilities - attenuverting mixer, MATHs, buff mult. Thus far, I didn't add a sequencer or drums. Have a few options with the semis.

So with 11HP left I'm wondering what else can I do to make this 104HP more complete?

To finish things off (for now) I'm thinking of adding in a S&H module (utility) and a micro Ornament & Crime (sequencer).
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/after-later-audio-shth

Other alternatives:
https://sonoclast.com/products/mafd_2hp/

or add the CV Trinity expander...
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/bastl-instruments-cv-trinity-expander-aluminum-panel
...not sure what the value of this module would be in my setup.

The only possible mistakes I've made thus far is having 2 filters - still can't decide what I like better the Pittsburgh Modular Crow or the Bastl Cinnamon. The other possible mistake was maybe buying the Pittsburgh Modular Flamingo. It seems with the capabilities of the Knit (uPlaits) I don't need a waveshaper.

Thoughts on adding the uO_C and SHTH? Or would I be better served with other module(s)?

ModularGrid Rack

As a side note, I'm considering ditching the Pittsburgh Modular Giraffe to put in a Happy Nerding 3x MIA. Then other options are to finalize with the FX AID, SHTH, and MAFD (to break free of the 8 steps on the DFAM). This would be instead of the uO_C.

I've found both the 3xMIA and FX Aid XL to be incredibly useful in just about every patch. You have Maths already, which can do the 3xMIA tasks if you aren't already using all four Maths channels, so 3xMIA may be more useful if and when you add an additional 104hp. I know some people love O_C, and some of the algorithms look incredibly fun, but I hate menu diving so I can't offer any advice on that one.
I'm not sure that having two filters is a problem. You can use one to self resonate and use that as an extra/sub oscillator, maybe?
What problem are you most hoping to solve? With such a small amount of space left, I would focus on the one thing you really want to do, but can't with your rack as it is.
Have fun and good luck.

Good points on the Maths vs. 3xMIA. Being a newb - and not knowing what you don't know - isn't helpful. I think I'll plan for the 3xMIA in future expansion. I really should go through that patch guide for Maths to know exactly what it entails.

With regard to uO_C - I'm on the fence. I'm leaning on holding off and leaving space to populate with a few 2 HP modules and FX AID... not sure if going with the XL version is in the cards.

The issue at the moment is I'm not sure what I'm trying to solve. Or I should say I haven't learned enough of my current gear to know what is truly missing. Yeah... I'd say generally FX and sequencing. I'm thinking it's best to take my time with the last 11HP and not make any rash decisions. I guess the question is... what will have the most impact on what I can do within current confines?

Good points on the Maths vs. 3xMIA. Being a newb - and not knowing what you don't know - isn't helpful. I think I'll plan for the 3xMIA in future expansion. I really should go through that patch guide for Maths to know exactly what it entails.

working your way through the 'maths illustrated supplement' a few times is a great start - spend some time working out what it's doing too, not just patching - but thinking - the time investment really pays off - same with disting - use favourites to set up a sub group of algos that don't overwhelm and learn them - when you find an algo that really resonates - then put that on a list to replace with a module - for both going slowly is probably a good idea

With regard to uO_C - I'm on the fence. I'm leaning on holding off and leaving space to populate with a few 2 HP modules and FX AID... not sure if going with the XL version is in the cards.

I'd agree, to some extent - hold off, but skip the 2hp modules (they're not very ergonomic) and get the fx aid xl, as it is both more ergonomic and more versatile, especially if you want some weird fx - more modulation inputs, more space for the knobs

The issue at the moment is I'm not sure what I'm trying to solve. Or I should say I haven't learned enough of my current gear to know what is truly missing. Yeah... I'd say generally FX and sequencing. I'm thinking it's best to take my time with the last 11HP and not make any rash decisions. I guess the question is... what will have the most impact on what I can do within current confines?
-- ScottyDizzle

if you don't currently have a problem to solve, I'd stand back learn what you have and from there what you are missing, in the meantime save your pennies, for both another case and for more modules - although the mafd does seem to be a good idea

what are you currently using to sequence? the moogs?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

Maths is so good that it’s one of those rare modules that I have more than one and FX Aid is really good.

Great advice with regard to learning Maths and Disting first.

For now, I'm thinking I'll use my CV.OCD and do most sequencing from my iPad. I'm thinking about getting a Beatstep Pro or Keystep Pro in the future for similar duties.

I think the FX Aid is the next logical step. I'm currently using my iPad for FX as I use the iPad at the end of the signal chain. It'll be nice to have FX pre iPad.

Other recent ideas are to replace the Giraffe and Tangle Quartet with the 3xMIA and 3xVCA.

Hrmmmm...