For all those who own a case like Mantis, Rackbrute, Go! etc... How do you keep track of the power zones?

Currently, I create 1 rack for physical layout and, depending on the number of power zones, 2 or 3 more racks for the power zones:
mantis physical
mantis zone a
mantis zone b
mantis zone c

This of course is less than ideal, because taking a module out of mantis means maintaining that change in two locations. Also, the relation between physical and electrical racks must be done in the naming of these racks.

Which brings me to a feature request/discussion:

"Sub Racks for Electric Layout"

Can we have an additional attribute of a rack named "parent rack" that allows for a hierarchical relation between racks? And then have that displayed as links on the parent? And maybe have the option to filter out all "child racks" in the rack main page?

RACK: mantis
+ mantis zone a (parent: mantis)
+ mantis zone b ...
+ mantis tone c ...

RACK: Rackbrute
+ rackbrute zone a
+ rackbrute zone b

About syncing between physical and electric layout: Ideally, one would have a dropdown option on modules:
- If module is in a top level (=parent, physical): Display all child racks as selectable targets
- If module is in a lower level (=child, electric): Display all child racks of the parent rack as targets
- If module is removed from top level, also remove child level instance

Not a full feature request yet, more like brainstorming.

Please discuss :)

I've got a mantis - when I need to check this I just take 3 copies of the full rack and remove all but the relevant modules for each zone, check etc and then delete after i've plugged stuff in - my mantis doesn't change that much though I mostly use it for video synthesis and I have plenty of other cases (some of which I have to do the same for!)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

That worked for me in the past, so a good practice!

Since I move from a few smaller cases to a DIY monster system, it becomes a bit unpractical though - that´s where that idea came from.

When you view the rack's Datasheet, it gives a power sum per row, so you could use one super wide rack to represent multiple zones one-per-row

It would be super nice to be able to just tag power zones manually in the rack and have those sums instead/also in the datasheet