:)

Modulargrid became an essential part of my studio setup, I love the inclusion of pedals. But what about 19" rack gear? I´m sure someone thought about that already, so was there a decision not to? Or is this on the roadmap?

It's not from the table but from the experience with the pedal section we are not sure if a planner for rack gear is really that necessary.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Understood. I´m currently fiddling around with excel sheets, listing the base data but most importantly keeping an inventory regarding number of balanced/unbalanced IO, impedances, digital interfaces etc. Much like the patches section, it would be awesome to have that in an easy to handle format.

My best bet at the moment is color coding the excel cells and the patchbay fields, so I´ll go with that for a while.

Thanks for the fast and clear answer!

One point: if you have to crawl behind/under/on top of a rack or three to work on something, you'll find that a paper hardcopy is far more useful than trying to drag a tablet/phone back there, or trying to contort yourself into a shape that lets you see the screen with the info on it. My routing patchbays in here were ALL worked out on paper, and once things got done, I could tack the "patchbay maps" to the wall by each bay so that the scheme could be referred to whenever needed.

Good point!

I asked about this years ago, I don't think it is a good comparison though, comparing to the pedals section. I reckon a considerable number of people will make use of a 19" rack planner, I am even a paying unicorn user now ;-)