ModularGrid Rack

Hi hope you'll see the rig.

It seems I can do kind of generatives/random patches with my setup,

But recently, most of tims I've encountered issues with uncotrolled pitches which are to highs.

I don't really know where it comes from and how to fix this.

I'm a bit of EGO, meaning I often prefer to understand alone. But I admit with modular I have to wath some videos to understand better.

However sometimes has everyones got differents needs, or something's specific, I don't often have the time nor the vids that explains to me how to do what I have in mind.

So, sorry for the question.

What is the most common mistake that can lead you to have too much high pitches (notes, octaves, too high in frequencies)?

I understand it depends.. :)

I'm not still able to detail my patch. :)

So I chose, for randomness, generative modules :

Behringer 1036, (Dual sample and hold, random voltage)
Klavis Logica XT (Logic module)

An equivalent of the Arturia keystep 37 as keyboard sequencer.

A functions's generator,
Multiples,

A 'cv tools', Attenuverters, offset generator, mixer/Splitter

Owner of a subharmonicon from Moog. (Here I can say that two vco of the moog goes in the random voltage, Behringer 1036.)

To alternate with the first VCO.

The main Oscillator (Here I can say I try octaves
at lower trying to Chase those to high pitches, but can't really)

As well my Filter+VCA even the cutoff at lower the pitches stays high.

LFO'S ???
I still have not all the modules to go Generative, I already took a look what I need and how to expand or swap my actual rig.

Ok 'verbal'. So sorry.

Though I'm on session now.

Then I'll try to post the thing on soundcloud.

Thanks.

_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

attenuate the output of the sample and hold before sending to the oscillator
turn the frequency of the oscillator down (you may want to tune this)
you'll probably want a quantizer

trying to learn modular synthesis on your own, without reading or watching videos or having someone 'mentor' you will make it 1000 times harder... if not verging on the impossible

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi thanks @jim owell 70.

I ain't thouht to attenuate as you said.

I don't want to patroenize.

I learn a lot by myself, but have still to learn.

The videos I watch was a must. Most of times I learn alone.

I got just sometimes some doubts.

Hi thanks @jim owell 70.

NP!!!

I got just sometimes some doubts.

-- 202kwam

then ask questions - no such thing as a stupid one - just stupid answers!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hmmm...first up, lose the Moogs. Put them back in their cases and on their own power, as they take up way too much space given the functions you get. Plus, you can mount the Moog skiffs into their own multi-tier stand, like this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Mother32Rk3--moog-3-tier-rack-kit-for-mother-32-dfam

Next, toss the multiple. This build is too small to support having functional space lost to mults, and you'll do better with stackcables or inline mult widgets. These really should be in larger systems, especially since you've got enough "real estate" for them. Also, buffered mults are mainly for regenerating CVs for distribution to CV destinations such as VCF cutoff, VCO frequency, etc, and there's not enough of that going on here.

The case is confusing...is this an Arturia cab, with a 6U on top and a 3U on the bottom, or...?

As for the pitch weirdness, try turning the coarse pitch control down to about halfway and then using the fine control to straighten out the tuning. Also, the Moogs have an interesting issue in that they're not 100% Eurorack-compatible, and they require one of these: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-pico-mscale to straighten out the issue. That 3 hp module shifts the CVs downward or upward so that they work with the +/- 5V scaling. Why does Moog do this? Well, Moog has a habit of being in their own "zone"...and in this case, it's the CVs that are the issue. Just be glad it's not the atrocity of the old Moog S-trig bus!

Hmmm...first up, lose the Moogs. Put them back in their cases and on their own power, as they take up way too much space given the functions you get. Plus, you can mount the Moog skiffs into their own multi-tier stand, like this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Mother32Rk3--moog-3-tier-rack-kit-for-mother-32-dfam

Next, toss the multiple. This build is too small to support having functional space lost to mults, and you'll do better with stackcables or inline mult widgets. These really should be in larger systems, especially since you've got enough "real estate" for them. Also, buffered mults are mainly for regenerating CVs for distribution to CV destinations such as VCF cutoff, VCO frequency, etc, and there's not enough of that going on here.

The case is confusing...is this an Arturia cab, with a 6U on top and a 3U on the bottom, or...?

As for the pitch weirdness, try turning the coarse pitch control down to about halfway and then using the fine control to straighten out the tuning. Also, the Moogs have an interesting issue in that they're not 100% Eurorack-compatible, and they require one of these: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-pico-mscale to straighten out the issue. That 3 hp module shifts the CVs downward or upward so that they work with the +/- 5V scaling. Why does Moog do this? Well, Moog has a habit of being in their own "zone"...and in this case, it's the CVs that are the issue. Just be glad it's not the atrocity of the old Moog S-trig bus!
-- Lugia

Sorry I forgot to precise both moigs are not in cases, I have both in the dedicate 'stand'

My case is an arturia rackbrute 3u, 88hp.
I save money for a the 6u, 2x 88hp.

I don't really use the moogs Vco, but yes I forgot, I do random with the subharmonicon's VCO.

Though I've learn, a tip woth th 1v/oct conversion of the Moog. (not of the Mother 32) send the KB output of the mother 32 toa buffered multiple.

And another method: use an adder. Adders are what they sound like: they add one voltage value to another. So if you used an adder and inputted the CV for the M32 AND a negative DC offset, you'd get the same lowered result as the PICO module. In fact, a bit more flexible...since you can specify the offset voltage, while the PICO module has no such control.

And another method: use an adder. Adders are what they sound like: they add one voltage value to another. So if you used an adder and inputted the CV for the M32 AND a negative DC offset, you'd get the same lowered result as the PICO module. In fact, a bit more flexible...since you can specify the offset voltage, while the PICO module has no such control.
-- Lugia

Ok thanks I got a precision adder in my wishlist.

Also concerning my issue, th mother 32 as a kind of octve setup with lfo,
using the keyboard lfo seems going lower or higher. (sorry if it's not well explain)

Their are some quotes in Avatar's user
that I keep in mind since I began modular. (About utilites)

I know my modules can be 'crappy' but even I like them.

I will try to post/search a thread about subharmonicon.

Thanks.