Hello!

I am looking for a module that would allow switching power on and off individually for a module in a case.

The idea is to be able to turn off one module without needing to power the entire case off.

I'm aware of the VPME p0wr, but I'm wondering if anything else exists (ideally with the two connectors facing the inside of the case and only the switch on the outside).

Thanks and happy patching everyone :)

not sure I've seen anything that'll do this...

which leads to the simple question of why?

if it's because of inrush overload, I'd look for a softstart dongle - iirc wmd make (or made one)

if it's 'power conservation' most single modules don't use that much power... and it won't make a great difference to the cost of running a modular if at all...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for replying,

The reason is because: I have a Addac 112. And it tends to crash quite often. When this happens I have to restart the entire case. This is… not ideal when I’m performing!

ok makes sense - sorry don't know anything that can do this elegantly - I'd probably go for either the vpme.de pwr & a 1hp gap (not big enough really for other things to fall through) to thread the ribbon through or a separate power supply with a wall wart, or a separate case (a 4ms pod maybe) or try to find a replacement for the 112 would be my suggestions...

another option might be to find a builder who will build you the switch - you'd only need to be able to switch the +/-ve 12v - so doable on a single dptd toggle switch - ignore the 5v and hardwire the ground... parts are under 10GBP/EUR/USD including a panel (the switch and the panel being by far the most expensive parts) - no need for a pcb - a bit of perfboard would do it... probably someone would build you one for 20 or so... maybe try modwiggler music tech subforum (there's a list of builders in the stickies - you might find one locally) or on r/synthdiy here

tbh the hardest part is the drilling of the panel for the hole to mount the switch!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Or you could just as easily snag one of these nondedicated switch modules that Ladik's got. SIX toggle switches, already drilled and equipped with proper pigtails for connection to most anything. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-p-060-switches-

But it's got six switches! So, yeah...you can easily use the other five for any "hidden functions" that might be on any of your other modules.

Or you could just as easily snag one of these nondedicated switch modules that Ladik's got. SIX toggle switches, already drilled and equipped with proper pigtails for connection to most anything. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-p-060-switches-

But it's got six switches! So, yeah...you can easily use the other five for any "hidden functions" that might be on any of your other modules.
-- Lugia

yeah the problem with that, though, is there'd be power headers floating around loose in the back of the case...

yeah the problem with that, though, is there'd be power headers floating around loose in the back of the case...

-- JimHowell1970

True...if you just leave 'em there. It should be easy enough, though, to take the other five pigtails, coil them up tightly with a zip-tie, and put that where it won't be a problem if you need to pull the switches. But my instinct tells me that there's probably more than just one point where a backplane controller like that would be warranted. Would be nice to have some "secret settings", after all...

On/Off by PH Modular. Christian's email is on the Modular Grid page. I have one of these modules and love it. It's good for modules with displays, but without screen savers, to save them from burn-in.

On/Off by PH Modular. Christian's email is on the Modular Grid page. I have one of these modules and love it. It's good for modules with displays, but without screen savers, to save them from burn-in.
-- milkmilklemonade

Thanks!