I'd love to be able to take all my listed modules under 'My Modules' and export them to a database like Airtable or a humble Excel spreadsheet.

What are my options? Or has anyone tried to do something similar?

have you tried selecting them in datasheet view and then copying and pasting them?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

have you tried selecting them in datasheet view and then copying and pasting them?
-- JimHowell1970

Unfortunately, yeah, I tried that but the output doesn't seem to lend itself to a copy + paste. There's some formatting weirdness I guess I need to work around, and this is even working with plain text.

I's no biggie, but it would be really cool to be able to export a list of modules into a file format. I'm kinda surprised Modular Grid doesn't already allow for this given the Venn diagram of Eurorack enthusiasts and spreadsheet nerds must have some overlap.

This isnt an answer.
I'm supremely interested in why you would want to do this? Is the data usable in a daw? -genuine question!

"I believe in the noble, aristocratic art of doing absolutely nothing, and I hope some day to be in a position to do even less." -D Grey.

I'm supremely interested in why you would want to do this?
-- irq506

There's probably quite a few reasons, all directly related to being able to have ALL module specs onhand, or to work out cost-effective changes. But the former is really important, as that'll certainly include current draws, and having all current draws on the same page is excellent and can help someone plan out their build. They used to have a function here (which is still here, just hidden) known as the "shopping list" that had all of that info on a single, printable spreadsheet-ish output, but I can see why some people might want a spreadsheet to help make final decisions.

-- JimHowell1970

Unfortunately, yeah, I tried that but the output doesn't seem to lend itself to a copy + paste. There's some formatting weirdness I guess I need to work around, and this is even working with plain text.

I's no biggie, but it would be really cool to be able to export a list of modules into a file format. I'm kinda surprised Modular Grid doesn't already allow for this given the Venn diagram of Eurorack enthusiasts and spreadsheet nerds must have some overlap.

-- mattmarque

As somebody who had long resigned myself to the data sheet copy/paste-into-spreadsheet workflow (with some find and replace for "ma", "mm", and "hp" in the appropriate columns), I just learned via this thread that you can view a rack as XML or JSON, under two conditions:

1. The rack belongs to a Unicorn account;
  2. The rack is not private.

Just add .xml or .json to the end, download the file, import elsewhere. For all modules, create a new rack large enough to fit all of them and then add all of your modules. Converting it for a spreadsheet is left as an exercise for the reader...

ℹ︎nformation source | Bandcamp | YouTube