Hi all,

Super newbie to this forum, this is my first post (be kind, hahaha)!

I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on some of the scheduled Tiptop Buchla eurorack modules. I got the dual oscillator, and I love it, but I'm really keen to see what the quad low pass gate (292t) and the sequential voltage source (245t) can do.

How do you think these (might) compare to other existing modules? Some examples might be (but I'm no oracle on this, so may have got it totally wrong) the MN Optomix and 0-ctrl (perhaps)?

Anyways, I really like the sound and leftfield philosophy behind these modules, and I'd be interested to hear how you think they stack up against alternatives.

Cheers,

Jesper

Honestly until your post I didn't know about it. Super interesting project. What's your review so far? Any nice sound samples?

Also: Hi! I'm new too. :)

It sounds very warm and beefy, with a crazy range and lots of FM options. I really like being able to blend from sine to saw and square, and FM the thing to oblivion. But I'm only scratching the surface :)

I'm in the market for a super lush multi-timbral osc, was thinking of the 4MS Ensemble because it does the nice sounds. But who doesn't like warm beef.

One of the really neat things about the 258t is that you don't have to go with the internal signal routing. For example, putting a VCA with a slow rise and fall envelope between the second oscillator's output and the FM input on oscillator 1...this "fades" the FM clang in and out over the duration of the note. A frequency shifter in that same insert would also be quite nuts, plus if you feed its signal into a delay before sending it back to the 258t, you'll get this swirling weirdness of rising FM indices if you can set up a feedback path from the delay and back around through the frequency shifter. You can do this with a pitch shifter, too...the Butthole Surfers really got into that sort of whirly psychedelic bad craziness on both "Rembrandt Pussyhorse" and "Locust Abortion Technician".