Hi,

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2221796.jpg
ModularGrid Rack

Got some new modules coming in. Using this next to my Matriarch most of the time. So I do have a great filter and some extra modulations, attenuverters, oscillators etc available pretty close by.

The uo_c just bumped my Doepfer A-119 out, my mantis case filled quicker than i expected. I realise i have a lot of sequencers, but they all bring something different to the table, so at least right now i'm not quite ready to get rid of any of them.

A-119 is my envelope follower from guitar. I will experiement with doing that from my ZOIA and then routing that either via its CTRL out or midi through hermod.

I fell in love with the rainmaker in videos. So it's on the way and I hope it's as cool as i expect. If it is, it'll be worth the HP.

What do you think? Any obvious idiocy going on here?

for me:

very synthesis with modules, as opposed to modular synthesis

too many sequencers - even if 2 are 'random' - I'd probably lose 1 or add another case

not enough utility modules - these massively increase the patching possibilities in the rack

might be worth spending some time thinking about the contents of my signature

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the insight.

Can you elaborate a bit on "very synthesis with modules, as opposed to modular synthesis"?

Well, remember that i do use the utilities in the matriarch in conjunction with this. That being said, I can see what you mean. When designing ZOIA patches, I always use a ton of utility.

What are some of your favorites?

Thanks for the insight.

np

Can you elaborate a bit on "very synthesis with modules, as opposed to modular synthesis"?

what I mean by that is using fewer more complex multi-function modules - often things like full voices or things like zoia where the modules could be seen as complete synthesizers in their own right and to some extent this can tend towards being the antithesis of modular synthesis - ie someone else's idea of a synth (synthesis with modules) compared to more simple functional building block modules (modular synthesis) - there's no right answer - most people are somewhere in the middle, including me, but I prefer closer to modular synthesis, myself

What are some of your favorites?

matrix mixers, clock dividers, logic, switches

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities