Hi,
IMHO.
I'm far from a fan of B, but I think it's difficult today to launch a mixer module and be innovative and groundbreaking. A mixer, with faders, pan potentiometers, and mutes, doesn't give much room for innovation.
In this case, at least they have added the SOLO function. In my opinion, a very good feature.
I think this case is quite different from Abacus or Brains.

I probably wouldn't like to do live mixing with those sliders as I do with the 531, but have often though I'd like a second 531. This could be a nice alternative to use as a submixer for the price.

This is absolutely perfect for my needs, and as much as I don't like Behringer, this could be what I was looking for...

...SO WHY ARE THE JACKS AT THE BOTTOM??? WHO MIXES AT THE TOP OF THEIR RACK LMAO??

If this makes it out of concept they better fix the layout seriously

...SO WHY ARE THE JACKS AT THE BOTTOM??? WHO MIXES AT THE TOP OF THEIR RACK LMAO??

If this makes it out of concept they better fix the layout seriously
-- maincy

You’re right, it’s a shame. But a lot of modules have this configuration, including some of the most acclaimed! This is an error especially when there is a need for frequent manipulations such as with mixers, controllers, sequencers.

Fortunately there are modules that ‘save the honour’ :) Performance Mixer, Hexmix, Tetrapad, Planar2, A-174-4, Pressure Points, René, Stochastic Inspiration Generator, Eloquencer, Voltage Block, etc.

Otherwise, the right angle patch cables can facilitate accessibility...

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

my tesseract tex-mix also has jacks at the top... at least on the channels modules...

I think one of the major issues, to me, is that a lot of companies that are established and then try to get into the eurorack market, take a look at modules that exist, and based on what's out there, realise there's nothing wrong with doing whatever they feel like... and because they have't got a lot of modular experience, or biggish modulars themselves, don't think about a lot of simple design issues... whereas an experienced modular synthesist, with a fairl big rack would have gone... no I don't like the jack placement, or you need to do this, because... maybe that happened & maybe they just didn't listen...

b-company could have made their modules slightly better (nuts on jacks etc) and marketed under another of their brands (tc electronic for example) & modernised modules slightly to be more easily compatible with euroracl (v-trigger/s-trigger) and just cloned open source modules - without trying to add value, poorly - instead of ripping off intellijel and make noise modules and moog semis - that are still in production - they'd have got more respect from a lot of us if they'd done that...

strymon modules could do with more modulation inputs... but that may be related to the sharc chip... although I'm not sure that's the case - given the number of knobs and you caan just add a jack to the pot in hardware... so possibly down to how much space they would have taken...

z vex could have probably got away adding some extra modulation inputs and used their chinese fab (the one that makes their vexter range) - as they seem reliable and have been made for years - and made cheaper modules that would have sold enough to still warrant making them...

I think z.vex modules were made by malekko, or another known manufacturer (I don't think it was darkspace/wmd though), so maybe it was a case of not listening, or just wanting to get something out quickly.. idk...

there was also waldorf... their modules were, iirc, too big for the limited functionality...

so... other companies that want to get into the eurorack business, from a related existing business, take heed... spend some money on a proper consultant... and pay them enough that it's worth actually listening to them...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I, too, place all of my mixers on the bottom row. However, after thinking about it, I think the top row would be best and the Behr may be on to something! With the jacks on the bottom and the modules in the top row, all cables would be completely out of the way. When the mixers are on bottom row, we still have to deal with all the sagging cables that sort of pool at the bottom from all the action in the rest of the case.
Something to think about....

over:under

I ask myself this question with most of the available modules on the marktet.
Most of them are configured "the wrong way around". :)