Looking for a bit of tips and feedback

I am building a Matyhs only rack. I want to see how far I can get with a case with only (mostly?) Maths in it.

Looking for:
* creative ways to patch Maths(es)
* your experience (or things you have seen) in using Maths creatively
* how far you think a system like this can go (and whether only Maths is feasible)

Thx people!

Looking for a bit of tips and feedback

I am building a Matyhs only rack. I want to see how far I can get with a case with only (mostly?) Maths in it.

Looking for:
* creative ways to patch Maths(es)
* your experience (or things you have seen) in using Maths creatively
* how far you think a system like this can go (and whether only Maths is feasible)

Thx people!
-- cassek

First of all, interesting idea, and I wish you luck in your attempts at a Maths only rack.

That said, just because Maths can do many different things, doesn't mean the way it does those things are ideal, or even workable. Take Maths as a 'VCA'...it's possible, but only as the crudest version, and not very workable.

If you happen to have this many Maths, more power to you and I hope to see some of your results!

If you're thinking of shelling out for this setup, I'd consider long and hard if other modules, actually geared toward a particular functionality (such as VCA, VCF, etc.) might not get you farther.

Otherwise, the approach kind of reminds me of zero-input mixing setups a bit. Which might be fun. :)

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Agree with Jukeshoe. However, if you DO have that many Maths and go through with this, please, please film the results!

Thanks for the response Jukeshoe and HG synth.

The idea came to me after watching a youtube video where they explain 20 or so different ways to use Maths. It's kind of an attempt to build something of an analog computer in eurorack format perhaps. I do have other cases with all kinds of modules but this feels like a nice experiment / challenge. And yes, I do have this many Maths...

I might do a writeup or a video or so of the results (me getting all tangled up in a mess of wires).

And yes, I do have this many Maths...

Wow, that's impressive. Are you gonna be keeping Maths in your main racks while you do this, or are you covering the functionality in different ways? Just curious 'cuz I'm always interested in how people replace Maths.

I might do a writeup or a video or so of the results (me getting all tangled up in a mess of wires).

I think I speak for us all here when I say, yes, please do!

I applaud you for making a 12 year old meme into a reality.