I'm very new to this and learning so much every day (as long as I can fit it into my brain and get over the hurdles, self imposed or otherwise). Am I on the right track? What would you suggest exploring for the third row or doing differently?

I should add that I have other gear outside of this including a beat step pro, mother-32 and a system-1m, but I like this rack to be stand alone for now. I might start sending cv to it from an elektron analog 4 or rytm.

State of Affairs

I hate to be that broken tape, but you have no VCAs here. Warps could be used as one but that's a terrible waste of a Warps. How do you plan to create sounds that has beginnings and ends, as opposed to those that play infinitely; how do you strum your synth like an instrument; where are you patching those four envelope generators to? If you don't have an answer to these questions, it means you need a VCA (i.e. a voltage controlled volume knob).

Thanks for the hard truths, atrostor. Maths has two VCAs in the center, but you think I need something dedicated and I can't argue against that. What's your recommendation on a specific module or modules to fill that role?

Thanks for the hard truths, atrostor. Maths has two VCAs in the center, but you think I need something dedicated and I can't argue against that. What's your recommendation on a specific module or modules to fill that role?
-- Gerromie

No--Maths is a Function/Envelope generator--you patch this TO a VCA to create an amplitude for your oscillator/sound source that is activated when Maths is pinged/gated/triggered.

Maths has attenuverters in the center, not VCAs. I'd suggest skipping the shelves for now and getting something like a Linix or veils. You seem to be missing sound sources. Only 1 vco and a sampler basically.

How are going to mix your... um... 5 different sound sources?
Or do you plan to use them strictly one at a time ;-?

Right now, I am mainly using it for singular operations as I attempt to learn about modular.

Thanks to the comments here, I am looking into Intellijel's uVCF II, Linix, or the 4ms VCA matrix.

I found this tutorial to be very helpful and I'm posting it here in case someone else stumbles upon my thread and needs some similar knowledge. Why I can never have enough VCAs on YouTube.

As exper said, Mutable Instruments Veils and Intellijel Linix are good, clean VCAs with mixing capabilities, which is a huge plus. Also take a look at ALM Tangle Quartet, which also mixes down four audio/CV channels, and is a really clean VCA in less HP. I agree that Shelves can be shelved for the time being. If you really think you'll need more filtering than what Korgasmatron's gonna give you, check out WMD/SSF MultiMode Filter, which packs a lot of punch in 4 HP.

I added the Intellijel Linix (thus guaranteeing that I will ever be typing Linux or Linix incorrectly wherever I need it the other way). The rack image should be updated if it's not in your browser's cache.

Would anyone mind giving me a patch suggestion for incorporating the Linix VCA? Note that the ADSR module is not there, yet, as it's a future add on.