Hi guys !

I would like to change this setup but I have no ideas on what to buy next, so many choices... The main purpose is to make experimental/generative/ambient/indus/noise.
I was in a shop last week and the seller advised me to take a Batumi and maybe a second filter (multimode).

I forgot to mention that the DIY solution is ok to me if no SMD/Surface mount soldering is present.

I love your music,
I would be tempted by a 4ms dld delay or Morpheus Morphing Z-Plane Filter.

maybe a Maths (or Function) to expand your modulation possibilities - or a Peg, which can also do time-sync'd movement. nice sound your getting w such a compact setup! maybe time to experiment with another oscillator flavor as well. a doepfer sample & hold, inexpensive - great between modulator & FM carrier. optomix for LPG flavors & making your modulation more interesting.

Thanks for your answers, guys! The Morpheus Filter looks great, very impressive ! Optomix & Math are already on my shopping list but I do not know when to take them. Maybe instead of Batumi, this would be the time to test Math? Now beside modulation, do you think it is interesting to build some waveshaping modules at this point ?

wave folders are usually reasonably priced- Intellijel uFold works for me, but you might want to check the new Tiptop one besides.

I would like to change this setup

-- Nanshe

Why? What are you missing?

wave folders are usually reasonably priced- Intellijel uFold works for me, but you might want to check the new Tiptop one besides.

-- Fastus

I have in mind to build one from Random*Source or get cheap A136+A137. Malgorythm is quite interesting too.

I would like to change this setup

-- Nanshe

Why? What are you missing?

-- wiggler55550

My vision of ideal setup is something hybrid with analog+digital+sampler sound sources as a base, with suffisant modulations to let my soundscapes evolve slowly over time and many filters and effects to sculpt the sound and mangle incomming sources.
And since I am not really experienced, I can not fully define a fixed setup.

My vision of ideal setup is something hybrid with analog+digital+sampler sound sources as a base, with suffisant modulations to let my soundscapes evolve slowly over time and many filters and effects to sculpt the sound and mangle incomming sources.
-- Nanshe

You are covered in the VCO digital/analogue departments as is.

As for sampling, you basically have a choice of playing back with CV control pre-recorded audio (Radio Music), do live sampling/mangling (Reflex), or use audio for buffer manipulation (Phonogene) or grain synthesis (Sampleslicer, GrandPa). These are just a few that come to mind. They can all be used in more than one way, each having a different focus.

Whatever your sound modules, only flexible CV tools will make them shine. A multiple/quad envelope/LFO (look under Modules for function Generator) module will allow for that, plus attenuation,polarizing, offset, mixing to go with it. Your mh01 will do for a while. You will possibly want a quantizer.

-- Nanshe

You are covered in the VCO digital/analogue departments as is.

As for sampling, you basically have a choice of playing back with CV control pre-recorded audio (Radio Music), do live sampling/mangling (Reflex), or use audio for buffer manipulation (Phonogene) or grain synthesis (Sampleslicer, GrandPa). These are just a few that come to mind. They can all be used in more than one way, each having a different focus.

Whatever your sound modules, only flexible CV tools will make them shine. A multiple/quad envelope/LFO (look under Modules for function Generator) module will allow for that, plus attenuation,polarizing, offset, mixing to go with it. Your mh01 will do for a while. You will possibly want a quantizer.
-- wiggler55550

Yes I'm quite satisfied for now but eventually I would like to add the Morphagene & RF Nomad modules for a richer sound palette on the experimental side.
Considering your recommendations, I could replace the A140 and uLfo by Math & Batumi, add a Wogglebug for random/sh and maybe change the mh01 by a Manhattan MVP which brings me multiples.
Does this make sense?

As others have answered, more modulation could be a good idea. I also think that your rack could benefit from some time modulation: delays and reverbs.

Batumi is on the way. For reverb/delay, I'm using external Strymon pedals or processing via my DAW. If I can get a second hand Cloud, why not..

UPDATE : Batumi & Morphagene added, whoa LOT of fun !

How about a stereo output? I know it's not as exciting as other modules, but having a massive stereo image can be heavenly, especially with your new Morphagene! (I got one and it is amazing)

from my totally amateur noob perspective... intellijel's shapeshifter is the craziest, most unique, overflowing with tonal possibilities (even including multiple forms of vocoding!) if REALLY hard to understand, and not analogue, module. that & as mentioned, the equally crazy as far as filters go, morpheus can do tons of stuff traditional analogue can't.

for me... TONE is the absolute highest priority & you couldn't pay to corrupt my rack with too hard to wrap my head around maths (i'd rather break all of its functions down to individual modules myself) or a sequencer & make self modulating patches.

shapeshifter is virtually a synthesizer unto itself it's soooo deep. that... and it would eat up so much rack space you wouldn't be able to fit ugly ugly ugly maths in it. HAHAHAHA!

How about a stereo output? I know it's not as exciting as other modules, but having a massive stereo image can be heavenly, especially with your new Morphagene! (I got one and it is amazing)
-- Thoevans

And here is the stereo output module Rosie :)
19 hp to fill before case upgrade ! Any suggestions ?