I've noticed a lot of one off, custom DIY modules and alternate panels for other modules, or modules that aren't yet available at all. I always make my modules unlisted unless im making them somehow available as a product. I feel like the ppl making these listings probably just dont realise the 'unlisted' button is there. So wouldn't it make more sense to default it to unlisted? ofc if they really wanna show off their custom blank panels they can just go edit and change it ay.

Please for the love of god. It's such a mess.

Please also:

• Make "Show other/unknown Modules" unchecked by default
  • Or make it a setting.

Some of the problem, I think, comes down to users who post modules and don't make a selection as to whether a module is "currently available", "concept/prototype", or "discontinued". If people would show a lot more discipline about doing that when posting something new, then it would be easy to use that existing filter to deselect the unwanted entries.

Using the "currently available" filter in searches does help some...but then one runs into the issue of modules that are definitely available but not labelled as such. Again, this is a user issue as I note above.

reidv does make a good point, also...if you're posting something that was a one-off and which is only in your rig, definitely use that "unlisted" checkbox unless you actually plan on making said module(s) available for sale.

So wouldn't it make more sense to default it to unlisted?
-- reidv

We have that now.

• Make "Show other/unknown Modules" unchecked by default
    -- nutritionalzero

We had that some time ago with the result of users uploading duplicates because they thought the modules where not already in the database. Since we now also have an auto-module search in the upload form, it's worth to try again: I have unchecked "Show other/unknown Modules" by default.

but then one runs into the issue of modules that are definitely available but not labelled as such.
-- Lugia

Yes, that is a problem because we added that label late. Clumsy named: property unassigned shows the modules witch don't have a Product Lifecycle assigned. A thing to fix in cold winter evenings.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Making a module unlisted by default is a good idea, I am very sympathetic to this idea.

wings io

I'm not for it, but I'm now used to it when I'm looking for something that I know should be there. But then again, I know how to do a proper search. I haven't seen a huge increase in the number of duplicates - so unless something happens let's keep it at that.

All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.