Hi guys, well yet a noobie in this eurorack world .
Building my rack and now I’m at the final stage so I need some pro advice before I run out HPs .

I do mostly house/tech and minimal stuff

What do u guys think I could be missing ?

Cheers

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view

My rack looks awesome!

Your link isn't to your rack but a generic link. Go to your rack and copy the link from your browser to your post.

It should look like
....modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/940047

The link is right up to the very end where it's missing the slash and the number. I can't post a full link example else it won't show the pathing.

Many thanks mr.Ronin1973

You almost have it right. Posting a jpg doesn't let anyone explore your module choices. If someone is unfamiliar with a module or modules then they can't easily look them up. Your link should be like this:
ModularGrid Rack

thanks again :=)

No problem.

So here are my initial thoughts:

I see two passive mults. Passive mults aren't bad. But if you're going to dedicate rack space to mults go with active (powered) mults. When you passively split signals you might experience a voltage drop in the splits. When it comes to triggers, gates, and audio that's not a big deal. If you're splitting control voltages... especially pitch... that will be an issue.

The Morphagene, Monsoon, Pico, and Disting are all capable of stereo outputs. You also have a Dixie, a dedicated percussion module, etc. You don't have a mixer that will handle stereo and the Optimix is more of a low-pass-gate. You probably want to invest in a stereo mixer. There are a few on the market ranging from about $250US to well over $700. Blue Lantern, Happy Nerding, Roland, etc. are good brands to look at. I have a Blue Lantern Sir Mix A Lot. It's inexpensive and does the job.

The Batumi can always use a Poti expander (3HP) to get to all of those jumper settings that offer additional waveforms, sync and reset.

I don't see any dedicated envelope generators. For the basics, Doepfer just came out with their slim-line modules. I would have a couple. Don't underestimate the instant tweak-a-bility of a dedicated ADSR. The Maths is okay but only offers attack and decay. You have some digital modules capable of envelope generation... but you might find them a bit fiddly to change on the fly. Keep your mind open about adding them.

As far as ergonomics, you seem to have some like modules grouped together and others just scattered about. For example, I'd put the Braids after the KickAll. The Braids can be used for snares, hats as well as traditional sounds. I'd group all of your oscillators together.

If I get some time I might rework the rack for you with some suggestions.

Many thanks for the reply :)

Well yes I read that because of the passive mults but it was a rookie error . I buyed then before I read a lot of that stuff . Grrr

Well about the stereo moduls I have a soundcraft MTK 22 mixer to rec to Ableton all in mono (maybe I should rec in stereo) from the VCAs out . (I really don’t know yet how to use them the right way.

Ok so I should get some ADSR right ? :)

Yes , ergonomics I should put this in a different way, and many thanks for your time thinking about redistribution my modules in a more efficient way

I forgot to mention I would like to buy a shapeshifter to that rack too. I really dig the sound it can produce but I’m getting out HP space

Also the fact I have all VCAs the right side of rack is because they can reach the line ins to my mixer that is right side next to that eurorack case .

The ADSR sounds like a good suggestion.

Other than that, you have a LOT of stuff to explore. I would sit down with each module for a day to a week, and mess around with it, and read the manual. See how each plays with the others in the rack. You will learn a lot, and you will figure out which modules need to be moved.

Commit to doing that with at least half of your modules (the ones you don't completely understand) before you buy any more stuff - feel free to research other modules, but don't buy them immediately.. Then your next purchases will be much better informed.

The ADSR sounds like a good suggestion.

Other than that, you have a LOT of stuff to explore. I would sit down with each module for a day to a week, and mess around with it, and read the manual. See how each plays with the others in the rack. You will learn a lot, and you will figure out which modules need to be moved.

Commit to doing that with at least half of your modules (the ones you don't completely understand) before you buy any more stuff - feel free to research other modules, but don't buy them immediately.. Then your next purchases will be much better informed.
-- naught101

I see.. Any ADSR recomendation ?

Hi Saramago,

How about Doepfer A-140 ADSR? Simple but good and inexpensive. Once you build up experience with that one you can decide for yourself what you like to have for your second, third, etc. ADSR.

There are hundreds of envelope modules so difficult to recommend you a right one, therefore I think the Doepfer A-140 is a good start or consider to check the major brands, most of them have at least one envelope.

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Saramago,

How about Doepfer A-140 ADSR? Simple but good and inexpensive. Once you build up experience with that one you can decide for yourself what you like to have for your second, third, etc. ADSR.

There are hundreds of envelope modules so difficult to recommend you a right one, therefore I think the Doepfer A-140 is a good start or consider to check the major brands, most of them have at least one envelope.

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.
-- GarfieldModular

That’s what I will do :)

I was checking Doepfer new Slim line but no ADSR. Maybe a 2hp will b nice and doesnt take a lot of space

Check out/test the 2hp modules first before you buy them. I was previously also impressed by their modules however once I tested them, I am not so overly enthusiastic any more. The modules are only 2 HP (obviously) that is good when you have a lack on space in your rack (don't we all? :-) ) however because it's just 2 HP, personally I feel it becomes to congested, a few cables, somewhere a few small tiny knobs you need to turn. Try the turning of the 2hp knobs, I felt personally the "touch & feel" wasn't very good but that might be just me.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Yes yes, I have to try first ... but yeah they are very tiny .