Please let me know if I’m missing anything, still quite new to this .

I’m mainly using this rack for techno sounds but not drums .

This is all I can afford currently but will add other modules as I go along .

Any help greatly appreciated

Overall it looks great. I don't know "Count," but it seems to have quite some overlap with PNW, so you may want to start with one or the other.

Right now, it will be hard to get a "melody" out of it, so on top of what you get from Count, PNW and Maths, you may want some more control over triggers and V/oct for Squid and Plaits. Depending on what you like, you could add a controller or sequencer (tons of options), a USB to CV module (say, FH2) for interfacing with a keyboard or computer, or some "generative" modules (random, s&h, quantizer, burst generator, logic, etc.)

Overall it looks great. I don't know "Count," but it seems to have quite some overlap with PNW, so you may want to start with one or the other.

Right now, it will be hard to get a "melody" out of it, so on top of what you get from Count, PNW and Maths, you may want some more control over triggers and V/oct for Squid and Plaits. Depending on what you like, you could add a controller or sequencer (tons of options), a USB to CV module (say, FH2) for interfacing with a keyboard or computer, or some "generative" modules (random, s&h, quantizer, burst generator, logic, etc.)

-- mosorensen

Thanks mate , I’ll take count out . As I said I’m not really sure what I actually need .

Can you recommend any decent quantiser ?

For a decent quantizer, I would go with a Disting mk4 ... :)

It is a bit of a joke, because Disting is basically the Swiss Army knife of modules. It does everything, including quantizing (as far as I remember, it has three different versions of quantizers), but it only does one thing at the time, and the interface is not the most accessible, to put it mildly.

It is great though, because it let's you play around with a quantizer, or an LFO, or a slew, or s&h, or logic, or a thousand other things, which help you understand how all of this works. If you find that you always use it as a quantizer, that's a good sign that you need a dedicated module for this, and then you will have a better sense of what features are important.

Just my two cents.

Edit: I just checked. The recent firmware has five different quantizer modes ... :)

Ok brilliant! Thanks for your help

No problem. The journey is the destination.

I’ve bought these modules now . I want to use outboard effects and mixer . Is this enough for now ?

How do I make it show changes ?

It's really hard to get "a little bit" into modular synthesis. Can you get sounds out of your current set-up... of course. But in this current set-up with digital sound sources, you've spent a lot for what could be done with $100 VST plug-in.

It's really hard to get "a little bit" into modular synthesis. Can you get sounds out of your current set-up... of course. But in this current set-up with digital sound sources, you've spent a lot for what could be done with $100 VST plug-in.
-- Ronin1973

That’s interesting. However I don’t want to have a computer in a club . Also , I can swap sound sources in and out ?

My current set up is a Roland Tr8s and Moog Sub 37 going into Ableton.

After having a go on other people’s modulars I just find it a lot more inspiring for the music I like to make .