I've been looking at different modules and watching videos for about 2 years and am ready to go in, does this system have enough utility? Will I be able to out from the quad vca directly into the preamp of an audio interface? Anything missing? The idea is to make generative, random, resonant patches with some granular audio in there somewhere. Thanks!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1116837.jpg

Makenoise Morphagene
Makenoise Maths
Makenoise Mult
Mutable Marbles
Mutable Rings
Intellijel Quad VCA

Carl B Berger

Check out the new module by DivKid, it's been released by Instruo and its called Ochd. Its basically 8 lfo's in one module unsynced but they all run at a different rat to each other, Very organic feel to it, perfect for generative.

Really nice! I like that they're tuned by ear, sounds great with the parametric eq in DivKids video. Thanks for the recommendation. I am trying to cut cost to make the initial investment smaller. Will this work if I output Rings directly into a Scarlett2i2 audio interface that can handle up to +22db input?

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1117508.jpg

Mutable Marbles
Mutable Rings
Instruo Ocht

Carl B Berger

I have the Scarlett 8i6 and it handle modular audio level so rings odd/even audio Out to your scarlett audio In should work. With this minimal setup I would add an audio input module to process audio to the IN input of Rings.

Thanks! You're absolutely speaking my language on processing audio with the Rings. If the eventual goal is to go Morphagene or some other granular machine would you still recommend going for an audio input like the Intellijel? Or just wait until I'm ready for the Morphagene?

Carl B Berger

Thanks! You're absolutely speaking my language on processing audio with the Rings. If the eventual goal is to go Morphagene or some other granular machine would you still recommend going for an audio input like the Intellijel? Or just wait until I'm ready for the Morphagene?
-- Carlbberger

Morphagen will definitly be an awsome addition to ring but Audio In are cheaps and pluging a mic to rings to capture ambient sounds can produce cool fx.

Good point, the Erica Pico is 67$, can get my by for the meantime, and then I could either sell it or use it for distortion

Carl B Berger