My case is almost done, but I have a persistent feeling that I need to add something like a 3xMIA or A*B+C. In other words, more mixing, offsetting, and/or VCA capabilities... I already have a LEVIT8, 333, a bunch of 1u Duatts, 3xVCA, etc. Am I tripping? Should I replace Tree with a 3xMIA? Is there anything else I should be doing differently here?

As you can probably guess, the rack is for noise / drone music with an emphasis on chaotic or stochastic processes and signal processing and less emphasis on sequencing.

Link to upper case (7U 104hp)
Upper case

Link to lower case (7U 104hp)
Lower case

Change nothing. I know there's always that naggy little voice in the back of your skull, questioning things, but this is really spot on. I would take this to hardware with no regrets.

I'm with Lugia. This seems good to me as is.
I love the 3xMIA but the Levit8 should give you similar functionality.
Have fun!

Levit8 is the way to go for a larger build like this. The little switches you see on it offer a lot of alternate signal routings, plus you can easily split it into 2 x 4 channels. Some of my larger build experiments relied on these for CV/mod routing and adjustment.

this user has left ModularGrid

Agree if I was building a large setup like this Levit8, VC8, and Radar would be on my shopping list for key ingredients as well as a good performance mixer like the WMD Performance mixer.

Agree if I was building a large setup like this Levit8, VC8, and Radar would be on my shopping list for key ingredients as well as a good performance mixer like the WMD Performance mixer.
-- sacguy71

Yeah, that little ecosystem that Erogenous Tones came up with for those three modules is super-potent! If it was smaller, it would be even better...but for larger systems, adding the entire subsystem above is a quick and easy way to drop power into things. As for WMD's mixer...it's definitely comprehensive, but a bit much. I like Toppobrillo's Stereomix II instead...smaller, but still quite powerful due to its many CV control points.

this user has left ModularGrid

Agree well for my future larger system, I plan to build something with the WMD Performance Mixer and 512 vector with add on module and some other goodies.