5) ARP 1005 ModAmp
6) ARP 1046 Quad Exponential Envelope Generator
7) ARP 1016 Dual Noise/Random Voltaqe Generator
8) ARP 1006 FiltAmp
g) ARP 1005 ModAmp
10) ARP 1047 multimode filter / resonator
11) ARP 1050 mix sequencer
12) ARP 1027 Clocked Sequential Controller

Not...quite. Remember, the ARP 2500 used matrix switches for patching, and Mme. Radigue frequently would take advantage of the multipling this offers to send control signals to different places simultaneously. It's quasi-admirable that Uli (a very "quasi" guy) opted to put these out, but unless you have a basket of inline mults, you can't get there from here.

Also, Uli's still got some key modules missing from this lineup, as you've probably noticed. Given the source for these, it's also quite possible that he'll never put those out because B. seems to have the attention span of a gnat these days.

its also just inspired of her set up, that could in theory create her droneing sounds. I am aware of we will never get the full arp2500 exprience without the matrix switch... i also think if i will get this set up i need a lot of mults :)

Well, if the goal is to replicate an ARP 2500, yeah, much of the synth WOULD be mults! I should note that Uli has issued a couple more 2500 modules, also...but the Mixsequencer is still not among them.

Hi Musiqueconcretelover and Lugia,

Why not waiting for the Behringer 2600 to be released somewhere next year (March)? Wouldn't that be easier and nicer? ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Nope. Not the same instrument at all. Although I'm in line for the initial shipment to Sweetwater at this point, having both a 2600 and 2500 side by side at one point was really revealing. The 2600 works like pretty much any other patchable from this period (such as the EML 101) and was designed to take on the Minimoog. Very straightforward architecture...3 VCOs, LP VCF, etc.

The 2500, though...that thing is the "OG 0-Coast". It has filters...AND LPGs in the form of the Filtamp. Then there's that Mixsequencer...sheer brilliance, and key to a lot of the 2500's mojo. And on and on with the divergent architecture, which was presumably to position it as the "Moog alternative", but which also made it pretty unique...there's not really been a lot of stuff since it came out that replicates what a 2500 can pull off. Plus, the matrix switch setup, though buggy and prone to crosstalk if you didn't keep the contacts in the sliders clean, allowed routings that were simply not capable on anything at the time; it would be a few years later, when Serge Tcherepnin cooked up his system, that you had that same "route it to everything" sort of capability.

There's definitely reasons why those 2500 main and wing cabs go for prices that rival the GDP of some third-world countries on the used market!

Well, if the goal is to replicate an ARP 2500, yeah, much of the synth WOULD be mults! I should note that Uli has issued a couple more 2500 modules, also...but the Mixsequencer is still not among them.
-- Lugia

the Mixsequencer is comeing! it is one of the more interesting modules that are comeing in the 2500 series ! https://i.imgur.com/wIOjg6L.jpg Even AMsynths shows the Mixsequencer here in this photo

Hi Lugia,

I actually was kind of joking but I really do appreciate that you explain the details between 2500 and 2600, it's very interesting to read and to learn about. Thank you very much for that! :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

the Mixsequencer is comeing! it is one of the more interesting modules that are comeing in the 2500 series !
-- musiqueconcretelover

Oh, HELL yes! That one module has a lot to do with the 2500 sound; in a way, it's very much the antecedent of recent modules such as Intellijel's (discontinued) Linix or Mutable's Frames. But it has quirks that those don't have...and hopefully, if AMsynths was true to form on the redesign, those will still be in there.

But a 2500 clone without the Mixsequencer? That'd be like having a Minimoog with no LPF!