@kaskonauta wanted to buy a Maths 2013 from me (230 euros w/o shipping and PP fee)
He later offered to buy along the Maths an Optomix V2 (180 euros w/o shipping and PP fee)
I proposed a price for the package : 400 euros including shipping (12 euros) but w/o PP fee. Turned out 397 at last (minus shipping). The parcel is sent. @kaskonauta also manifests an interest in my Erbe-Verb.

"Hi the package has arrived. Everything works. Thank you!
PS: Did you sell the Make Noise Erbe-Verb?"
@kaskonauta left a positive feedback on my account.

2 weeks later, "There is a problem with the mixer's center knob number 3 ... Why didn't you inform me?"
"I've never had this problem and would have told you (in fact, I would not have sell it at all) ...
You can try and have it cleaned up and i ll refund you . If you want to have it sent back to me, we can discuss about it, no problem ...
I think you will understand I will not make 25 euros off the Optomix alone (180) including shipping (12).
I received 397, so will refund you up to 205 once the module is back."

@kaskonauta does not agree on the price.
Paypal dispute (my first one) : @kaskonauta pretends the Optomix is also faulty.
@kaskonauta loses his dispute.

He now keeps flooding me with paypal payment requests or comments on my youtube channel.

The knob on Maths can be cracky (never witnessed that though), that's why i offered paying a cleanup or refunding.
@kaskonauta wanted to keep the discount price and refused both solutions.
As said previously, he lied during the Paypal dispute in order to obtain a full refund which was a bit too much for me and probably helped him lose the case. He later justified that : "I don't know if also the Make Noise Optomix is in fully working condition, because I don't trust you anymore."

I have no dog in this fight, but this right here would seem to cook your goose:

Hi the package has arrived. Everything works. Thank you!
PS: Did you sell the Make Noise Erbe-Verb?"
@kaskonauta left a positive feedback on my account.

Inscrumental music for prickly pears.

Well, it's certainly an unfortunate situation. Wishing you both the best.

Inscrumental music for prickly pears.

and this is where you really shoot yourself in the foot

he did accept the return, but just not for 230€, WHY?

because you didn't pay 230€ for the Maths!!!!

you paid 400€ (and he received 397€) for a Maths and an Optomix and postage and packing and paypal fees

take off the postage and packaging, 12€ - he gets 385€, take off the Optomix at 180€, he gets 205€ for the Maths - seems reasonable - I would offer you the same deal - you only paid 205€ for the Maths, not 230€

go try this at a shop: buy a two for one offer on something and then try to get a refund on one of the items - I'm sure they will gladly take it back off you - but I would be really surprised if they give you any money

same with shops where they offer 2nd item 1/2 price - the price is the most expensive plus half the price of the cheapest - not the cheapest plus half the price of the more expensive item - but if you then take the more expensive item back they will want you to pay full price for the cheaper item

It really does not look like pibou is at fault here at all

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

The problem is and has always been the amount of the refund : we agreed on 400 because of the pack, Paypal fee being your business, it has been clearly stated.
Talking about being correct, i do not think making false statements about the Optomix during PP dispute is correct.

Do WE need to hear this? This appears to be an issue between you and someone you dealt with, and nothing beyond that. Leave the rest of us OUT of this!

Yeah, I agree. But you're NOT the Internet Police. If there's a dispute with a user here over a transaction from the forum, take that to the MODERATORS. That's why they're here.

Wow... people can afford modules? You lucky lucky lucky lucky bastards!!

Grow up, it's a few euros and a scratchy knob that sounds like it needs some switch cleaner or at the very worst a £40 repair job!

People are dying from a virus, people are out of work, children are starving, I am on my fucking ass because I lost my work and haven't had any income since march, families are losing their loved ones, it's chaos...

And you are complaining like a spoiled brat about a little problem like this?

Please... get some perspective and start behaving like adults!

Oh dear!

You are just making yourself look bad!

Youclearly didn't read my post, you are just whining and whining and whining...

and NO... won't shut up!

You shut up!

You also have the cheek to trade on here and you don't support the platform?

You are totally out of order... at the very least you should be paying the €20 a year before you consider buying or selling anything here - to not do this is highly disrespectful!

You now have 3 downvotes...

Looks like your trading days here are over!

Byeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Ok, you are reported for inciting and or threatening violence you psycho.

Just because you wrote it in Latin doesn't make it any less of a criminal offence.

If you do not understand how to conduct yourself in a public forum read about it, study it, there is something offensive about your whole existence!

And I understand it perfectly, and it reads like a threat of violence.

It has been reported as such.

You can't go around threatening people. Seriously not okay!

Latin is spoken everywhere even where English is spoken today.

I believe this marks the end of the long, strange trip this has been.

Lets hope so..!

Utterly bizarre and irrational!!

Populus postulo aliquis modus stabilimenta. Feh. JUST GET A CAN OF DEOXIT AND CLEAN THE EFFING POTS!!!! LIKE ANYONE ELSE HERE WOULD DO!!!!

It is not a question of cleaning the pots, but of replacing them.
The pots cannot always be recovered.
In this case they must be replaced.

I'll pay for that

If that helps, the pots model for Make Noise Maths central mixer are:
Taiwan ALPHA B100K R09 23MMF.
The pots model for Make Noise Maths Rise and Fall are:
Taiwan ALPHA B10K R09 23MMF.
I will have to replace the pots of mixer channel 2 and 3

Accipere quam facere praestat iniuriam.
Ad maiora!

OK, looking at Mouser's site as well as Taiwan Alpha's, these don't appear to be sealed pots. They should have SOME sort of opening to the resistor and wiper, according to what I'm seeing.

Get this first: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT--caig-laboratories-d5s-6-caig-deoxit-contact-cleaner-5-percent-spray-5-oz And frankly, if you're doing any sort of electronic music work, you really should ALREADY HAVE this on hand, and the knowledge of how to use it.

But we're going to presume that you don't know how it works. So here's how to use DeOxit:

Put little aimer tube on the nozzle.
Aim tube into an opening in a pot that's being difficult.
Spritz a TINY BIT into the pot.
Exercise the pot for 15-20 seconds.
If there are still issues, repeat.

If you're using anything with analog controls, you will find yourself doing this A LOT. Learn how now! You're using equipment that, by its very nature, is prone to develop scratchy pots and the like, and if you don't know how to clean these, you'll either be doing a lot of scratchy-sounding stuff...or if you can't bring yourself to do this, then perhaps you should try building a synthesizer out of sticks, rocks, and other objects that don't require routine maintenance by the user.

Obviously I cleaned the pots first.
The pots cannot always be recovered, sometimes they need to be replaced.
At home I have Deoxit D5, CRC, isopropyl alcohol, soldering station, air soldering station, etc ..
I also Fix the logic boards.

The pots for Make Noise Maths V2 2013 are:
Taiwan ALPHA B100K R09 23 mm
Taiwan ALPHA B10K R09 23 mm

Link Aliexpress:
6fd8a430d62546ecaea93ee0a3505559_595754$96662e33cc994621b4c1eb562947ea0d&ck=in_edm_other" target="_blank">https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33034803059.html?ug_edm_item_id=33034803059&tracelog=rowan&rowan_id1=user_add_cart_remind_1_1_en_US_2020-11-01&rowan_msg_id=9129biz_add_cart6fd8a430d62546ecaea93ee0a3505559_595754$96662e33cc994621b4c1eb562947ea0d&ck=in_edm_other

You can open up your Maths and see it for yourself.

PS: kaskonauta was rated negative by kalu_bandali, Kel_, farkas and digitalcrickets
WHY?
I don't leave negative feedback because I don't think the same thing.
Regards

I marked you down for your appalling attitude and vaguely threatening posts.

It stands because I believe that people would be better off avoiding dealing with you, I certainly won't.

I don't care whether you mark me down or not and I won't be made to feel like I acted unreasonably, especially after you have deleted your offensive posts.

Incredibly, your latest post makes this whole drama even worse, not only have you had the unit for 2 weeks before it developed a fault, refused a fair offer to make good from Pibou, posted this awful crap on here, you now claim that you are more than capable of fixing the thing yourself for a small amount of cash and a little time, which I also see Pibou has offered to pay for.

I am utterly baffled, please, just sit down.

@Kel_
I still don't understand what your problem is.
I have purchased a device described as working perfectly, but it had flaws.
I deleted previous post because the seller refunded me.
I didn't want to show his name.
I have also removed the negative feedback left to the seller and he did the same thing.
Then I created new posts because they might be useful to other users.
Did you know the Make Noise pots models?
Now you know!
You wrote offensive things towards me, and leave negative feedback with no reason.

Kel_ : "You now have 3 downvotes... Looks like your trading days here are over! Byeeeeeeeeeeee :)"

That's all.

PS: I have not left negative feedback to Kel_, kalu_bandali and digitalcrickets

Accipere quam facere praestat iniuriam.

Wow... I am lost for words.

You need serious help... you are rewriting history and playing the victim.

This is called GASLIGHTING ... look it up!

@Kel_
You have no arguments and use feedback to create terrorism.
You haven't received negative feedback from me, despite your allegations.
This is a fact, the rest are just bla bla bla
I leave the forum, I have more important things to do than to talk about nothing.
Ad maiora!

Yeah right, you deleted the proof of your bad behaviour and then lied about it - you are a sociopath and you are fooling no one!

I called you out on your bad behaviour, just like everyone else, that's all - I stand by it 100%, calm, collected, assured.

I am not a terrorist.

And phew... Good riddance...

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry guys, I know some of you PMed me about this situation and thread, but I've had a family emergency for the past few days, so any response was the last thing on my mind.

It looks like the original situation has been resolved, but since posts have been edited, it's hard to see what happened. As a mod I can't see what was removed...

In the future though, @kaskonauta, make sure your purchases are exactly what you expect as soon as you get them, as it will make your case questionable if you say it was fine and then raise an issue weeks later.

And please, all around, treat each other with kindness, respect and honesty so that Modulargrid doesn't turn into some of the more "caustic" synth forums.

Hey guys...

How about we remove the ALL of down votes from other users that you've never had an actual sales transaction with ok?

The rating system is not here to settle forum wars.

@kaskonauta, @Kel_, @Lugia, etc.

Post deletion is a problem in my opinion, that should be a good user rating option

“ This user rating is intended to make transactions on the marketplace more trustworthy. If you had a positive or negative experience either as a buyer or seller you can give... a thumbs up or down.”

While I agree, @kaskonauta ‘s post deletion makes this more difficult, nonetheless, rating people who you haven’t done a transaction with isn’t the point of the feature. All around.