this user has left ModularGrid

Fun experiment step by step for total beginners like myself:

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice that you made a tutorial video for modular beginners. It makes hopefully beginners curious enough to get started themselves too!

It's good to hear you are having a clock coming on your way, you really need that! :-)

Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thank you, Garfield,

I love teaching and while I am a beginner, can share my experiences and patch tips. Yeah, I bought a clock and sequential switch on Halloween sale this week plus more patch cables and knurlies to make swapping modules easier between setups. Looking forward to put Pamela to a full workout and Doepfer sequential switch once they arrive this week with Plaits and Plonk. I want Rings but not enough space so probably in future along with a sequencer.

Hi Sacguy71,

Such a coincidence, the Rings (Mutable Instruments) is very high on my wish list too :-) I want to check if I can give that one to myself as a Christmas gift ;-) But... same issue as you are facing... I don't have much HP space either, just bought a quite big rack and then, at least from a planning point of view, already full. I might need to reshuffle here and there a bit with what's more important and do the Rings before another planned module... sigh... choices, choices, choices ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah I really like feeding the output from Plaits into Rings from my tests in VCVRack but space constraints kept me from including it in my small rack. So I got Plonk to pair with it for percussion and string stuff as both can do a lot of things besides drum sounds. Maybe in my next rack that will be much larger, I will get Rings and clouds as they are the classic Mutable Instrument pairing and so forth. I originally wanted a Harvestman rack but most of the modules have been out of stock from shops for a long time and from emails with Scott Jaeger, he is currently in the production mode to get more available modules out the door for the holidays. So maybe for Christmas, I may get a Doepfer monster rack along with Rings, Clouds, support modules, and Harvestman modules plus a decent sequencer and mixer. But if not, I have plenty to keep me busy for the next year or so. I am waiting for covid to end so that I can visit modular shops and test run gear before buying much more. I do wish there were more groups in northern California that used modular synths!