this user has left ModularGrid

Had fun experimenting with Euclidian patterns with Pamela's New Workout as sequencer/clock:

Nice groove @sacguy71, did you ever listen to Wolf Eyes? If not I think they might be your kinda band.

Hi Sacguy71 and Troux,

Sacguy71: Interesting stuff you made there. So how do you like the Pamela? Looking at your videos I guess you like it quite a bit? The right choice of clock module for you?

Troux: Interesting those Wolf Eyes, didn't heard from them before. They make quite "scary" music ;-)

Have a nice Sunday evening and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Pamela is great. I thought that it was just a clock module until I started digging deeper into it can do LFO, random waves, logic, and Euclidian sequences for 8 gates plus CV inputs. Quite powerful for small module and easy to use not too menu heavy.

@Troux,

Cool as I had never heard of this band Wolf Eyes before. This is interesting album called Burned Mind

They remind me a lot of Wumpscut. Yeah I aim for dark ambient/industrial music. I am a fan of KMFDM as well but find getting their tone and types of sounds difficult in modular without more drum and bass modules and a proper sequencer.

They're pretty sick @sacguy71, here's one of my favs

Indeed remind me of a lot of the 90s German industrial bands. Good stuff and I love making these types of dark tones on my modular system. I find that feeding my Kermit/Bionic Lester dirty oscillators, Richter Anti-Oscillator/Dual Borg filter and Cursus Iteritas into Mimeophon get me close to that territory with lots of distortion and drums from BIA, Plaits and Plonk.

Hi Sacguy71,

So perhaps it's slowly time for you to think about the Erica Synths - Black Octasource? Crazy f*** nuts LFO but wow, what a module, I love that crazy bastard of a module ;-) You can really do weird things with it, so if that's your thing you might want to consider the Black Octasource.

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield.

Yeah the octasource would be cool along with 0chd for 16 LFO madness to add tons of modulation once I get a larger new case. Also like to see what Erica Synths Black Sequencer is like when it comes out as well as the Black Wave table VCO and Erica Synths DSP v2 and switch. They also make a cool matrix mixer. I have enjoyed the Erica Synths Black Polivoks filter quite a bit as it can self oscillate nicely when pushed. You would love Kermit- super crazy quad modulator that can be quad LFO, S&H, random voltage generator, envelope generator, dirty oscillator or combine these together in many patterns.

Hi Sacguy71,

Yeah... sigh... all cool stuff you mention there :-)

Okay, I wrote down the Kermit on my test-list for/at my local dealer as well. I saw to my surprise that they got this one, so once i have time, I have to test the Kermit so I know where you are talking about ;-)

Thank you and kind regards, Garfield.

Kermit is crazy good! Some menus but nothing difficult and lots of knobs to play with so quite hands on.