this user has left ModularGrid

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Had fun morning testing our my new WMD Fracture and WMD Crater percussion modules with 4ms VCA Matrix mixer. Good stuff and now I know why Jim was saying how powerful matrix mixers are for modular builds! Here is a quick demo

Hi Sacguy71,

Thank you, happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else too!

He, he, looks like your MDLR case is getting filled up nicely. Any idea already for which kind of 1U tiles you are going?

That sound around 4:30+, nice! He, he, at a certain stage that kick drum sounds like an angry neighbour hammering something at the wall facing your room. Was it really a kick drum or indeed your neighbour? ;-)

Ha, ha, at 6:15 you got Starwars at home! :-) And just a bit before 08:00 it sounds like you put a few alive (!) small ducks in a baking pan and try to bake them while they are complaining at you ;-) Lots of fun, I enjoyed your video!

Enjoy your new case and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah it is a heavy but great case. I need to check with MDLR on what 1u tiles work with my case either Pulplogic or Intellijel. I sent Arjan at MDLR an email on how to check and hook these up. I made sure to order two large new cases this time so I don't run out of space so quickly hehe. The Doepfer monster base case arrives next week with more new modules :-)

Thanks, yeah WMD Crater is a beast of a module and lots of great tone shaping features. Fortunately, the sound is all the module and no angry neighbor as I made it while nobody was around so I was able to crank the volume up this time. Hopefully I move soon into larger studio space that will let me blast my modular systems and guitars in the future for some ear shattering madness ;-)

Now I know why WMD named it Crater. Yeah the pitch can get some crazy tones on it. The sad baby ducks going into the pan came from the Fracture clap percussion module as well as the BLM smashing windows tones. I am anxious for my two new sequencers and Hertz Donut modules to arrive soon- need sequencers plus I have a Mordax Data module on the way as well.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thanks a lot for the details of your setup, that's an interesting read! Looks like I really need to get a few WMD modules... perhaps next year... this year budget almost gone.

Have a good weekend and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,

Yeah the WMD impressed me on par with Noise Engineering BIA for hard hitting percussion modules. My Doepfer monster base case just arrived today but unfortunately I cannot stack the two 6u cases on it :-(

So I will need to order a regular large Doepfer monster case next year to stack on top. It works out as I can take the modules from both 6u cases and consolidate into the Doepfer monster case next year for one setup after I add another sequencer and more FX to it. Then use the 6u cases for travel purposes even though the base case is portable as well.