Hi,

So im crazily happy with my rack at the moment, but I want to fill my last 8HP and im kind of stuck what to do about it and wonder if what you would've added? Would be great with some suggestions since im totally blank of alternatives,

the only thing ive thought about was to get a proper vco - Dixie II but im open for suggestions,

best

ModularGrid Rack

What kind of music are you making? Do you have other external gear?
edit
I would probably lean towards a multi-function module like the Disting EX. If you like your rack as-is, the Disting EX would give you access to just about anything else you might need. Sample and Hold, quantizers, noise, wavetable VCO, LFO, tuner, delay, phaser, sample playback... That's probably how I would fill that hole anyway.
Have fun and good luck.

Any reason (such as remaining power connections) why it couldn't be 2 modules that will fit 8hp?

Any reason (such as remaining power connections) why it couldn't be 2 modules that will fit 8hp?
-- merzky_shoom

Two modules could be fine as well, do you have something in mind?

VCO makes sense, but I'm more prone to suggest taking that further. Instead of just one VCO, try a Zlob Dual VCO (4 hp) and tandem that with a Ladik O-410 suboscillator (also 4 hp). That way, you get two VCOs for detuning (sounds bigger) AND octave division (major bass) that tracks one of those VCOs. Now THAT would BANG!

Thanks, will check on that. Worth notice - I havent yet bought Crater and crucible yet, i think BIA is making some really punchy and hard kicks but its so useful as well for other sounds. maybe overwhelming to have crater as well? It sounds so damn good though...

Maybe instead of buying the crater (or) crucible it would be a option to buy the ataraxic/cursus iteritas, Thats a really nice wavetable vco imo.

Those two aren't really for percussion, though...instead, that pair of 4 hp modules are ones I selected so that you can have massive, slab-cracking BASS. The two slightly detuned VCOs plus that suboscillator will have the capability of generating POUNDING low-end. Also, when you're dealing with that sort of bass sound, you want simpler waveforms which will have more kinetic energy at their fundamentals. Think "Miami bass", but taken to a more violent level.