this user has left ModularGrid

Mastered some fun techno beats

Hertz Donut MK3 sequenced by Stillson Hammer MK3
WMD Percussion modules

Hi Sacguy71,

Looks like that besides a Noise Engineering fan you also become a WMD fan ;-)

So what is going to happen with your Stillson when your WMD Metron arrives, does the Stillson becomes... kind of jobless? :-( and ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah really digging the WMD modules. Fracture and Chimera are super fun and can make amazing range of sounds besides percussion from clap/crash to broken glass and so forth. Crater has an intense kick and can be tweaked for serious techno mayhem on par with my Noise Engineering BIA module. I love my Stillson Hammer sequencer and will keep using it with the Metron to create subsequences. I have a few smaller sequencers arriving as well and plan to use Eloquencer to control the other sequencers. I want to get into the whole master sequencer controlling other smaller sequencers and same way with master mixer and submixes.

Did you get the expander module for your Vector sequencer? That would be a powerful combo.

Hi Sacguy71,

I am glad to hear that you still have a nice job and place in your rack in mind for the Stillson :-)

Of course I bought the Jack Expander for the Vectron (Five12) as well, otherwise it doesn't make much sense, now does it? So up to 6 output channels, each having: pitch, gate and velocity outputs and 8 triggers as well with that Jack Expander, so that makes the Vector kind of complete. I just hope that for the (far) future Five12 will consider to make those Jack Expanders chainable or something so one can extend the sequencer over time. That concept has been thought through a bit better with the Metron!

...then again... with the Metron I do miss the other direction possibilities besides forward sequencing, like: backward and random play.

When does your Metron arrive? Can't wait man! ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah the Stillson Hammer is super easy to use and very playable for live on the fly performances. It has ratcheting, multiple random, ping pong, forward and reverse modes with 4 CV outs and 4 gate outs. Plus lots of quantizer scale options even. It has a very basic screen not as fancy as the Vector but I got it for a good price.

It works great for acid bass lines and random CV type stuff. Hopefully my new Metron arrives tonite if the UPS driver does not mess up the delivery. I have the Voltera and Axxent expanders to give me 4 CV outs and accent for percussion. I like that I can chain a bunch of Voltera expanders up to 16 for huge sequencing options. Since the Stillson Hammer has the random, reverse modes that fits the gap that Metron lacks but metron has probability and other modes that I look forward to using. I also have an Eloquencer on the way which gives me 8 gates and 8 cv outs for my monster case and tons of modes like random and forward/reverse. Maybe in few years when I have a much larger modular setup, I get a Vector sequencer with expander and maybe Black Sequencer or Ground control.

Hi Sacguy,

Yes smart move to get directly Voltera and Axxent expander modules with your Metron, makes sense!

Ha, ha, to me it sounds like for a while (after you receive the Metron + expanders + Eloquencer) you have enough sequencers for your racks :-) Now trying to bundle them together and let them all work together in harmony might be the largest challenge ;-) I have the same challenge with my trio of Drum Sequencer (Erica Synths), Vector and Sinfonion :-)

Let's hope that UPS delivery person doesn't get shot in down town Sacramento (but I guess and hope the shooting has stopped by now?) so you get your Metron by today ;-) Have fun later with the Metron and kind regards, Garfield.

Finally arrived today! So fun and lots to learn. I have an Eloquencer on the way as well for my other case so tons of options to create submixes and sequences that are sequenced by other things.

Hi Sacguy71,

he, he, yes! Just saw this video in your other post. So glad for you that your Metron arrived. Looking at your videos, you are happy too with your Metron! :-)

Enjoy the Metron and its modules and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Both Metron and Eloquencer are superb sequencer modules!

My Euclidian Circles v2 also arrived:

Very fun trigger sequencer and those lights are so bright they could light up an entire galaxy! I find it better to use an external clock for tempo as the internal clock is not precise. Anyways, 2021 will be the year of the modular sequencer and percussion modules for me besides the new effects like 4ms Dual Looping Delay and Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio. I still would like a multi-function FX module like the new Synthesis Technology E520 Hyperion processor or the 1010 fx box. Maybe end of year I get those as well as the mixer expander for my Befaco Hexmixer and Xaoc Devices Praga plus WMD Performance Mixer.

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh that's nice to see that Christmas tree of a Euclidian Circles in action :-) Looks like a fun-to-play module, isn't it?

Any chance to reduce the brightness of those LEDs of the Euclidian Circles; small potentiometer for that or something? How tempting this module might be but if it burns your eyes out then I might need to reconsider it...

Ha, ha, indeed fun module for using in a club, then just get a bunch of 4 or 8 of those modules put them all together in a block. Put a camera on that block of those Euclidian Circles and project that on a huge screen, for sure everyone goes bananas ;-)

Nice one and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Yes you can dim the brightness of the LEDs for the sequencer by rotating the bottom encoder of the Euclidian Circles. I am still learning it along with my Eloquencer and Metron. I bought a lot on sales so the year will give me time to learn the new modules and then create fun music! I think that with several complex sequencers and plenty of drum and effects, the options are endless.

Probably stock up on expanders for my Praga and Hexmixer at next sale and get a WMD Performance mixer at next major sale toward end of the year and more support modules like VCAs, logic, comparator and a monster Doepfer case to put on my Doepfer monster base then all good.

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh that's great news that you can dim those LEDs. All modules that use (bright) LEDs should have that, by kind of "Eurorack law" ;-)

Cheers, Garfield.