this user has left ModularGrid

Finally after a long two month wait, my new WMD Metron sequencer arrived! I am learning it and really enjoy using it with my Stillson Hammer for perfect drum and basslines. I have the Voltera and Axxent modules that add more spice as well.

Then got crazy and carried away with a weird bird drum jam trying different patterns and features of the WMD Metron:

I can make some really unique things with it.

Hi Sacguy71,

Yeah! Your Metron has arrived and you immediately made a nice movie and track of it so we can see the Metron directly in action! :-) Great work!

So what's your first impression? Looking at the video's it's good? :-D To me it looks brilliant!

Have fun with it and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah the WMD Metron is really fun! I am still learning it but not that bad- the Voltera and Axxent are key for adding spice to patches. I like being able to see multiple track sequences at one time and to quickly change all 4 tracks instantly on the fly with quick touch on the pads. Also can save the sequences on the SD card for future use and use random and probability patterns, add accents to beats. It really was made for percussion! That said, I also received the excellent 4ms Dual Looping Delay which is a super fun module for adding massive forward and reverse delays. Here is a video on it:

I did get carried away and it sounds more like space alien video games but that was the intention to make drums sound like something else. I am really enjoying the WMD percussion modules- very unique and can do traditional drum beats or weird stuff.
Also got first Hexinverter Mutant drum module the hi hats which is great. What can I say: sequencers, modular eurorack mixers, percussion modules and effects modules are super fun!

Hi Sacguy71,

He, he, directly at the beginning that sound, I love that! Very funny and interesting sound :-)

Yes, absolutely, sequencers, percussions, the whole shebang together is great to play with! :-)

Enjoy your modular synth over the weekend and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah WMD percussion modules are crazy fun and do way more than traditional 808/909 drum beats that is why I love them so much like BIA does weird stuff as well. Making a drum machine on modular is too expensive if you just want regular dance beats get an Elektron Rytm for that way less expensive easier to program. But for experimental beats ah that to me is the sweet spot of nirvana for modular! I would never be able to get these weird sounds that easily otherwise and also the modulation madness.