Hi all,

I just wanna present my latest dark ambient release: Ostalgie

In German culture, "Ostalgie" is nostalgia for aspects of life in DDR. It is a portmanteau of the German words Ost (east) and Nostalgie (nostalgia).

hypnotic depersonalizing experimental modular dark ambient

1. 00:00 Berlin Radio International
  2. 05:20 Der Ostalgieschritt
  3. 17:03 Modulpropaganda

BANDCAMP: https://mebitek.bandcamp.com/album/ostalgie

experimental video art all videos and voices are from original soviet and DDR footage and radio except extracts from the Soviet propaganda animation film "Interplanetary Revolution" (1924)

all music has been produced with Modular Synthesizers modulargrid rack: ModularGrid Rack

artwork by mebitek

feedabck and comments welcome

best regards from Sardinia

Electronic music/video producer and composer.
Dark Ambient Cinematic atmospheres from Sardinia.

This creates a great mood. Excellent work.
I visited my friends in Leipzig a few years ago, and I could sense the "Ostalgie". In fact, I brought home a poster celebrating the beauty of industrial design in the DDR.

@farkas thanks so much for listening. ostalgie is an interesting concept that need to be discussed in deep

That's really dark. Great Work!!

And the Video kind of scares me :-)

That's really dark. Great Work!!

And the Video kind of scares me :-)
-- Quantum_Eraser

thx so much for your feedback

Hi Mebitek,

To be honest with you... the video is pretty scary :-( Your music makes the tension heavier and from a "dark" point of view it certainly fits well to the video :-)

Music as well as the video are impressive from an art point of view, though I am glad those times are over...

Thank you very much for sharing this (it might set people to think, again...) and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

@GarfieldModular thx so much for watching and for your words