No, I'll let someone else point out the obvious here...I'm tired of having to repeat the same goddamn thing over and over.
-- Lugia

But you did feel compelled to post a content free reply. I celebrate your enthusiasm.
--ck

... and I certainly plan to get lost in that buchla fog! I was in the middle of trying to make a drum machine out of my neutron with some random gates coming from the rampage comparator when the modules arrived. So nice to realize I didn't have to undo the rampage and use it for envelopes because I now have 4 buchla function generators to work with. I look forward to chaining/modulating the function generators together since I now have so many. The dual oscillator also offers many possibilities, fm/double fm, waveshape modulation etc. It has got to be one of the best value for money oscillators out there right now!? Still not exactly sure what the processing input and cv does? I get the inversion part but not the rest. When in doubt, use it and cv it and see what happens.

Just picked up a TakTakTak Drumbo Syncussion "clone" and made this quick demo as there are only a few videos online.

re serge: you can always buy them from random*source in modules - one at a time - some are available DIY too - but might not be for long - otherwise there's Elby in Australia that do serge like stuff iirc!

when I see building blocks I mainly think basic functions - lfos, vcos, filters, delays and a shed load of utility modules - something that you can use to 'patch anything up with' if you know what I mean...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

It'll be somewhere spacy, that's for damn sure!

I know for a fact that there's a PILE of the old-skool Detroiters that are outright salivating over the new "t" series. But then, that makes perfect sense when you realize that one of the tracks that early DJs in tha D were mixing was the rhythmic part of Part 2 from "Silver Apples of the Moon". Works like a charm!

Here's an idea...if you put in a module like the Strymon AA.1 or some other stompbox "integrator", once you're outside of the synth, there are some other possibilities for processing that aren't generally found in synth modules. The specific example I'm thinking of is E-H's TriParallel Mixer, which is crazy-versatile when you set up the attached stompers so that they ALL work like the same processor, albeit with some really trippy routing possibilities. I've used mine with some of the (in)famous Chinese stompboxes, and the results have been STELLAR. But that's one possible example; my studio itself also has its own parallelling system that uses a Studio Technologies Model 80 for distribution and buffering across eight stereo pairs, with a Rane SM 26B for summing on the "out" side of it. Instead of stompers, though, that system is for my 100+ rack processing units so that I can set up processing "cascades" with a lot less hassle than other methods.

yeah, yeah, I bought already a lottery ticket but so far nothing...

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Oh right! That's a good point... hmm... looks like we all have to buy some of that Buchla stuff, then we all go far down the Buchla Hole and perhaps we meet again in deep space

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Or, another possibility is that the OP's simply looking at the wrong synth format. What he's describing after clarification sounds a lot more like what you'd find in a Serge format system. Granted, Serge IS more expensive...but the over-the-top flexibility of the system is a part of that. And when you start breaking down the full and half-panels into per-module numbers, the cost isn't really all that horrible...you just have to get past the fiscal stumbling blocks of buying the panel sets.

@FatBerg: Oh yes!

And after weeks or months when you emotionally cooled down a bit, please share with us your experiences ;-)
-- GarfieldModular

You realize, of course, that he's now very far down the Buchla Hole...we might never hear from him again!

I've found that there are LOADS of possible cheap ways to manage patchcable piles. A trip to a home improvement store like Lowe's or Menards offers TONS of potential hooks, implements, and other hanger gibberish that works like a charm. Right now, I've got about 100+ 1/4" cables on these snazzy, rustic iron closethooks from Menards, and in a previous setup of the studio, I had my 3.5mms all on those cheap swinging kitchen towel-holders. And since both of these mount easily onto the MDF racks I use, I can stick 'em wherever they work best.

At least, this worked fine until I started building the AE system, which uses pinwires (along with some Bastl devices and a Folktek Mescaline). So, since I was setting up a section of commercial gridwall with shelves for the stompbox "library", I put one of those angled clotheshangers with the little balls on them onto the backside of the gridwall, under the table that holds the "sandbox", which puts the pinwires right where I need 'em!

Uhhhhh...

No, I'll let someone else point out the obvious here...I'm tired of having to repeat the same goddamn thing over and over.

Think of an oscillator with 4 simultaneous waveform outputs. Connect all four audio outputs into a VCA module that can mix like an Intellijel quad VCA. Then connect four modulation sources into the CV inputs... maybe a quad LFO like the Xaoc Batumi and set the Batumi to really slow rates. Of course you don't have to mix just one oscillator... or you could mix between effects or even mix CV sources instead of audio.
-- Ronin1973

This is what I usually call "strumming"...like running a pick across strings, but in this case it's modulation signals across multiple VCAs channeling different timbres. It's really an incredible sound, particularly if you pay close attention to the overlap between VCA levels and get a result that sounds like a smooth timbral transition. It's why I can't wait to get my mitts on one of those Buchla 281t reissues, as they have a quadrature capability that's perfect for that trick.

@FatBerg: Oh yes!

And after weeks or months when you emotionally cooled down a bit, please share with us your experiences ;-)

Enjoy and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Rama1065,

If you consider the "building block" concept idea then please have a look at a picture I made a while ago and I shared before:

Alt Text

How big each "building block" would/could be, I leave that up to you, for example each at 84 HP. In such example if you would have a monster case then one row of 168 HP could consist of two building blocks. Naturally a few blocks can be merged together to save space too.

Hopefully this will help and kind regards, Garfield.

Edit: I forgot to mention this below link here in the forum, it's discussing this similar topic, perhaps interesting for you?

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/9489

Well... there are patch cables and there are patch cables ;-) But too avoid a (very) long discussion... I will just share some experience I made with patch cables here.

I have just recently made some very bad experience with Endorphin.es patch cables, far too thin, not nice to use and the slipped out of my patch cable holders from Voltcraft ML-1 SW 14 "Messleitungshalter" (German for lab cable holder, freely translated). Not only the cable were very thin but also the plugs. I don't understand why Endorphin.es (who has in my opinion to keep up a good name in the market) wants to offer such a poor type of patch cables...

Anyway, I also less recently but after I posted here above my recommendation about Cordial CPI series, made some very good experience with Vermona patch cables. I think they are even a notch or two better than Cordial CPI series and roughly about in the same price category. The prices of these top-notch cables is quite an issue hence why I buy small patch cables from Make Noise. For that kind of money great patch cables (not top-notch though) and wouldn't cost you an arm or a leg and for the longer patch cables I still make them myself.

Regarding stackables, I actually never owned them myself, however seen and used them at my local dealer and from the above comments here I straight away knew that's not the road to go. External splitter might be an idea however why not just get a bunch of buffered multiples and all problems are solved? ;-) At my signature you will find my website where you can download for free PDF formatted review reports. All the multiples I have, I have reviewed them and published a review report of those. I am in the middle of all testing them in the same way so a more fair way of comparing them to each other will be established. By March/April I hope to have updated all the multiple review reports (those with Appendix A v1.26 or later are the updated ones and the ACL one is one of the new style measured multiples too). In Appendix A (separately downloadable at the "Other documents" tab) you can find in subparagraph 2.5.2.4 The multiple functionality in details how I have tested it.

Happy patching to everyone and kind regards, Garfield.

Very quick followup to my Behringer eurorack rack overview video.
Putting my Mother 32 in this unit. Very simple, very straightforward, but figured I'd post it just for completeness. A

Thread: vein fix

Hi Sislte,

That's long ago that we have heard from you, it's more than a year ago, isn't it? I am so glad that you are back! :-) I missed your creativity and your style of music.

This track makes it so much worth the more than one year waiting for it! :-) I hope you don't let us wait so long again and hopefully I am able to listen at your very interesting and creative tracks more often?!

Kind regards, Garfield.

this user has left ModularGrid

I have stackables. But I don't know about buying more of them. ... stacking them creates longer and longer levers...>

-- Ronin1973

Yes my concern too.
Other than that the sockets start to fail after some use.

Thread: vein fix

Fenix IV based, experimental downtempo track.

I have stackables. But I don't know about buying more of them. The issue I have with them is that stacking them creates longer and longer levers inserted into your modules. It becomes easier and easier to accidentally bump those stacks with your hands. Depending on the module you could do some damage to the jack or circuit board below. I would use Y cables for anything that's directly inserted into a module or using an outboard passive splitter like those made by Intellijel.

I think one possibility not discussed is mixing.

Think of an oscillator with 4 simultaneous waveform outputs. Connect all four audio outputs into a VCA module that can mix like an Intellijel quad VCA. Then connect four modulation sources into the CV inputs... maybe a quad LFO like the Xaoc Batumi and set the Batumi to really slow rates. Of course you don't have to mix just one oscillator... or you could mix between effects or even mix CV sources instead of audio.

If you combine mixing with filter modulation, etc. the sky is the limit.

Will get that fixed @JimHowell1970.
-- troux

& well done everyone - not listened to everything all the way through yet - will do soon!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

yes you can you'd just need to have all sequenced notes starting above the threshold on the comparator and gaps between all sequenced notes with voltages below the threshold - it's a workaround and may not be optimal - but it would work

-- JimHowell1970

Throw in an offset and I think you'd be fine with the comparator. Example: Befaco Dual Attenuverter.

-- Ronin1973

I'm not convinced - but it might be possible - how would you patch it?

yes you can you'd just need to have all sequenced notes starting above the threshold on the comparator and gaps between all sequenced notes with voltages below the threshold - it's a workaround and may not be optimal - but it would work

-- JimHowell1970

Throw in an offset and I think you'd be fine with the comparator. Example: Befaco Dual Attenuverter.

I have read some comparator manuals and I do not think that the output from my sequencer can be used for creating trigger pulses, but I can be wrong.
With the linked picture I try to explain.
https://tinyurl.com/v8sz54g
Fig. 1 shows the output from my sequencer and fig.2 shows how I think the output must look like for creating comparator triggers.
-- Rookie

Thanks Jim!
-- GarfieldModular

I'm looking for possible building blocks, which provides useful functions for larger racks.
VCOs, filters, effects and so on may be placed around these building blocks ...

I'm on the way to make a bigger studio eurorack, not for life performance.

-- rama1065

then start with a much bigger rack and try to think along the lines set out in my signature

I don't see a lot of what I would call basic building blocks of modular synthesis in the above racks

I see more 'synthesis with modules' as opposed to 'modular synthesis'

just to qualify the above (slightly)

I started of in modular because about 7 years ago* I was staring at my moogerfoogers and cp251 and realised that they were effectively part of a modular synthesizer - so I started researching modular synthesizers - about 2 years later I started building one

*this was over 30 years after first picking up a guitar and 20 years since I got into synthesizers/music production - although there have been a few gaps due to life!

Hi toodee,

thanks for you input.
Yes, perhaps the question is too generic, I understand.

Thanks!

btw. yes, satelitte can be used stand alone. But you need a control forge in order to create own modulations.
-- rama1065

Cool, sounds like an interesting project :-)
And then by all means, do follow the advice given by our friendly Lugia and post the current state of your project to a new thread and get specific advice for your needs, making clear what you already have and how you use it, as well as what you hope to achieve moving forward. Then you can use that advice for more focused research, keeping in mind that it's almost always better to think in terms of function rather than specific modules IMHO.
Looking forward to read that future discussion (and learn from it, of course) !

Take care,
D

--- Voltage control all the things ---

firstly I would go for a bigger case - it may save you buying a second case and therefore money in the mid-long term... the best bang for buck starter cases are either tiptop mantis or doepfer lc9 - if you are intending on more digital modules then I would recommend the mantis more (and it is more portable, if that's an issue) - however both are probably the best combinations of hp/cost/good power supplies from respectable manufacturers available

otherwise it's kind of an ok start, depending on what instruments you are thinking of processing...

if all you really want is some filtering and granular processing - I would seriously consider (ie spend a month or 2 thinking about it) whether you really want to go modular or whether a few effects pedals will suit you better - they will almost definitely be a less expensive solution

your starting idea of an input module with envelope follower and a sound processor is good (but see below)

if your sound sources are stereo then a second ears or similar module (pre-amp with envelope follower built in) is a good idea - mostly so that you can extract the envelope shape of both the L & R channels for use in modulation, rather than just one

if your sound source is mono, for example a guitar, then I would strongly advise the addition of an expression pedal interface (examples are available from ADDAC, Doepfer and 7 dials) to enable you to play the guitar (for example) and still control your effects - in fact you may want more of these - otherwise you would probably be better off with more effects pedals - a wah pedal instead of the filter and I'm sure there are granular synthesizers in pedal form these days

as for your module choice:

ears - owners seem to like it so it appears to be a good choice although I've never used one - I have a doepfer a-119 instrument interface module - which adds a comparator (a gate opens when the input signal excedes a set voltage) and adds grit, shall we say - and is slightly cheaper - there is also a chip swap (no soldering required) that can be done to reduce the grit but I have never felt the need - furthermore the gate output can be extremely useful as a replacement for or alongside a master clock - nb a lot of modules need steady clocks to operate properly - Pams doesn't work well for example, nor any modules that multiply clocks - dividers and modules that provide triggered lfos or envelopes tend to work much better

maths - great module - although I always recommend both downloading the 'maths illustrated supplement' and working your way through it AND replicating it's basic functionality in dedicated modules - maths is much greater than the sum of it's parts - and you will need those parts separately as well to allow you to use maths to it's full potential (which points us back to the illustrated supplement)

humpback - this is a DIY module - I don't know if you can buy built ones, I've never seen them - are you skilled and do you have the tools to build it? if not I would consider an already built filter - doepfer make a great selection of reasonably priced ones - based mainly on classic designs - or there are many more available at differing price points - if however, you intend to buy a soldering iron and build this - I would also suggest building some simpler modules to start with - a passive mult, an attenuator (thonk atatat) and some of the AI Synthesis range would make the learning curve easier and less frustrating for you - again you may find you want 2 filters or a stereo filter instead of this

clouds - are you intending on trying to find one used? or a clone? it has been discontinued for a few years and has been replaced in the mutable line up with beads - I would spend some time considering this - read reviews/watch youtube videos of beads etc - mutable support is fantastic, but understandably stops at 3rd party clones - most of which push it into poor ergonomics territory (eurrorack is already very small without miniaturization of modules) - supercell is a larger cloen with a few extra additions and may be worth a look

the vca - ok but personally I would replace it with a veils - it will initially work as a mixer too, but I think that you'll want more mixing - and particularly something that can handle stereo output (see erde-verbe section below)

erde verbe - great reverb for emulating 'weird spaces', but not a particularly good general purpose reverb - takes a mono signal and outputs a stereo signal - you may really want a stereo to stereo (to add more reverb to clouds) or a mono reverb (depending on the requirements of your output - stereo/mono)

Pams - hmm - not really a function generator as you described it - it's more of a master clock, clock divider/multiplier with some synced envelope generation/lfos - whereas function generators generally apply mathematical functions, such as slew to incoming signals and extract events from these signals - so in some ways similar to a function generator, but not really - note it's heavily synced to it's clock (internal or external) which may not suit you depending on how you intend to use the rack and how accurate your timing is with your instrument - I'm human and so a bit sloppy at the best of times - which can be both a good thing and a bad thing, depending on your point of view and what you are trying to do!

further effects processing modules - more filters - and I would look seriously at the happy nerding fx aid xl - very versatile - I would make this an early purchase as it can be used as a filter - as well as reverb, delay, lofi etc - if I was designing an effects processing rack I'd probably include 3 of these due to their versatility

utilities - you'll almost definitely want more utilities - seemingly dull inexpensive modules that appear to do nothing to alter the sound (they are the dull inexpensive polish that makes the expensive shiny modules actually shine) - they are incredibly useful for not only improving the patching possibilities - but also for solving problems - like (auto-) panning a mono signal into a stereo space, or switching between multiple inputs into a single output or vice versa, or reducing the amount of modulation that is sent to an input (especially useful with clouds - it's modulation inputs really need attenuators! I usually recommend a great utilitiy starter set of mutable links, kinks, shades and veils - or modules that cover their various functionalities - wmd/ssf toolbox and happy nerding 3*mia make good substitutes for some of these funcionalities

mixing - seriously consider how you will mix mono & stereo audio signals together and which modules have mono/stereo inputs and mono/stereo outputs - and the possibility of parallel processing - you will almost definitely need multiple mixers - some for sub mixing, one for end of chain mixing and some for mixing modulation sources - some of which should be voltage controlled - and this is on top of what you already have in the rack - I'd definitely recommend a matrix mixer - both for mixing modulation sources and for

moogerfooger - luckily these are some pedals that really don't need an effects pedal interface to reduce the signal down to guitar level and bring it back up to modular level and correct any impedance issues - I have 3 of them and have used them quite a lot with my modular - a lot of other pedals really need the interface to work properly

Hi toodee,

thanks for you input.
Yes, perhaps the question is too generic, I understand.

Thanks!

btw. yes, satelitte can be used stand alone. But you need a control forge in order to create own modulations.

@Lugia: thank’s for these precisions, we can indeed travel very far in time and space.
By the way, originally, we all have an old relative called 'Homo habilis' who lived in Tanzania 2 million years ago. Under the milky lights of full moon nights, he probably sang strange and wonderful kind of drones, like 'plainsongs' mingling with those of other animals in the plain. (Etymologically, 'plain' comes from the Latin 'planus' which can be found in 'cantus planus', in French 'plain-chant'). Today, I think that we don’t do anything else with our drones: we still question ‘The Great Mystery’...
For my part, I prefer to focus on the History of Western music; starting with the Gothic Period, it's already a long way :)

@troux : thanks, I'll read it with pleasure.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Can the Rossum Satellite be used on its own ? I was under the impression that although it could be used without a Control Forge after presets are transfered, one would need the Control Forge to create at least one batch of presets, right ?

And with regards to the question at hand, I think it's really hard to come up with something generic because, well, it's modular, we all have different ways to patch and different needs.
For example, it's very likely that we would end up with at least one of the main cascading quad VCA, Intellijel or MI for example, but which one ? Some will prefer sliders and the slightly smaller footprint, some will prefer the Intellijel for the cascading CV or the boost switch, some like me will not be able to decide and grab both, there is no right or wrong there, so which one would you include in a generic build and how to indicate this can be replaced by X or Y or Z depending on the user's exact needs without that discussion turning into a book like Patch & Tweak ?
So it's a question of which functions rather than which module, right ? But which functions indeed ? It depends on what you'd want to interact with the rack, which is also very subjective. Live tweaking or pre-programming ? Modulating more with gates or LFO or random or agnostic ? straight clocks or shuffly wobbly ? Like menus or hate 'em ? Depending on the answers one is probably looking at different type/classes of modules.
I feel like this discussion, if it were to remain generic enough, would end up looking exactly like Jim's signature:

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

And even then, I may put an equal sign between "modulation sources" and "utilities" because that's the balance I like to have at hand. The best advice that can be offered to newcomers, IMO, is not really about what to buy:
1. RTFM & Research
2. Buy slow (ok this one maybe)
3. Plan bigger
4. Experiment & Explore

--- Voltage control all the things ---

this user has left ModularGrid

Nice comm and transaction with @freespace
Danke Kai !

Hello!

So I'm new to Eurorack although experienced with synthesis and processing.

This is what I was thinking of building for my first true foray into modular.

alt text
I plan to use the rack mainly as an audio processing device. I predominantly see it as a way of augmenting instruments - expanding the instruments' capabilities with reference to both the sounds they produce and the way that they are played. However I also want to build a rack which can be used as a processing tool in the studio.

Any thoughts on the modules I've chosen? Any suggestions?

I think I'll start by purchasing Ears and Clouds and go from there (need to save a bit!) - I've already got an SQ-1 and a Moog Mf-103 which I'll integrate with the rack. I'd eventually like to add a pamela's workout as another function generator and another module for signal processing; I was thinking something along the lines of Erbe-Verb - although this is a decision for which I could use some suggestions!

Thanks, already feeling very welcome in the modular community :)

Thanks Lugia for your input.
btw. each row was to be meant as a building block, which stands for itself - not all three together.

Perhaps I should have better asked, which modules (LFO, EG, Mult, Atten., VCAs, CV generators) would you like to combine in 100 hp order to get a flexible, versatile and the most universally usable combination.

For what is worth, I found out that feeding a pitch cv signal to a module like Befaco Rampage, or any other module that can generate a slew, and that can output gates of "Rising" and "Falling", generates very useful gates, whose period duration can be adjusted by fiddling the Rise and Fall time parameters of the slew processor.

In addition, I can send the gates of Rising and Falling to either a cv mixer or a logic OR module, to have gates for every pitch change.

A consideration about quantizers: some of them output "full gates", meaning that the gates last the entire duration of a new pitch, (basically like a midi note-on), and with those I lose the Release phase of any ADSR. This is why I prefer having control over the duration of the gates, independently.

Many thanks troux for taking the time and putting the collection together and to Greenleo for the assist! Much appreciated.

Applause to all the contributors—I listened trough when it was first posted, lot's of inspiration across genres. Nice work!

All the best.

Arrived yesterday evening! Now the fun begins ....

I have for sale modular addict stack and thin patch cables. Thin ones are perfect for dense modules where you want to be able to somehow put fingers between your cables to plug them in/out. Stackables are great as they save you form using passive mults.

Yeah. Fiiking brilliante. Instant fan base. Hoo!

Chomp chomp, chomp, more hunger. Yow. Me.

KALAMITY MOOFUH!!!

Mr. Kane

HERK J KAEL

The title! ❤️

And the melodic barn sale… Luv luv luv it.

High rankin’. Bennn skoop!

I JITSU!

HERK J KAEL

Love it! Brilliant.
Gives Chrome, ACR, and 23 Skidoo a run for their money!
Skoop!!!

HERK J KAEL

None of them.

First up, when building a full system, working in "blocks" like this is going to result in a system that doesn't reflect your actual signal flow. It's best to group things by function than by what can be stuck together in these blocks. For example, if you've got something in there that could benefit from having a quadrature LFO (like "strumming" a Veils), well...since you've got these blocks but they don't have a quadrature oscillator with the exception of the Batumi/Poti pair...but at that point, you're using ALL FOUR LFOs in that to do what ONE module that's not in these is capable of. And that's just one example.

Secondly...what's with all of the buffered mults? You really only need these for distributing CVs to oscillators, filters, and other modules that need a CV without voltage sag. The sag results from having too many devices on the same CV source, so you use buffers to "regenerate" the CV. But you DON'T need six of them! In a small build, in fact, using 24 hp on JUST mults is a terrible idea; small builds are better served with inline mult widgets or stackcables, and if you have more than four modules that need properly-scaled CVs, THAT would be the only reason for using only ONE of those.

A far better approach here to building on MG would be to start with a fullsize cab that's larger than you need, populate that, then start paring things BACK. But work on the whole thing at the same time, not in chunks like these. Start with a 3 x 104 cab, then once it's populated, pare this down so that you wind up with TWO rows of 104 hp. It's 100% doable, and generally results in outcomes that are more usable.

If you're coming from a background that has a lot of "semi-modular" patchables or keyboard synths, I can see how this concept emerged. Keyboard synths are, after all, built in "blocks" like that. But this ain't your dad's Joop-6 here...this is an "open environment" that, while grouping modules will be a must, blocking out everything BEFORE the full build process is on just won't work out very nicely if one of these blocks can't "play nice" with the others.

First up, Braids is long-discontinued. Plaits is the official replacement from Mutable, but you can get Braids clones, although the "miniaturized" clones are often a total PITA to program, with tiny controls and tight spacing.

Second...yep, you get it. That Neutron should be back in its own case and on its own power. The case is for things that DON'T have those.

Third: this is a fairly small build. So trying to populate this with large modules will cause you to LOSE potential, as you'll not have space for various utility and "helper" modules that need to be in there. About the only "big" thing that should be in there would be the Maths; the rest can and SHOULD be removed and smaller alternatives (WITHIN REASON! don't go so small that you can't get at the controls when you need to) found that can do the same job.

Fourth (and related to the third part above): do you HAVE TO sequence from the Hermod, or would you be better off sequencing from your DAW and using something like Expert Sleepers' "soundcard" modules to send/return both control signals AND audio? Again, the Hermod is huge, but those ES modules are not. Same probably goes for the System 100m mixer, plus you can get similar stereo output mixers with ALL parameters under CV that can fit into a slightly smaller cab. See Toppobrillo's Stereomix2 for one example.

Best rule of thumb here is that you should have about 1/3+ of your modules as part of an audio chain, and the rest of the space should be controllers, modifiers, modulators, etc etc. And getting that balance is important to drawing out the power in the audio chain. Too many "helpers", and the synth will sound rather "meh", and not enough "helpers" results in a different sort of "meh" from not having internal motion in your sounds. Trust me on that; you want to sound like Klaus or RJD or so on, and NOT a microwave beep.

Hi all, I did a live set in December in collaboration with BK Voltage Lab and really liked the patches and sections, so I decided to record every sequence of every individual voice signal path for the 30 minute set. Then I clipped each recording, made loops, and reassembled the whole thing. Thought I'd share it.

Hi,

I'm looking for possible building blocks, which provides useful functions for larger racks.
VCOs, filters, effects and so on may be placed around these building blocks ...

I've created three alternative versions (each in one seperate row).

ModularGrid Rack

Which one's would you use and why? What would you change? More VCA's or other things?

Thanks and best regards,
Ralf

Will get that fixed @JimHowell1970. @Quantum_Eraser I checked my email and I never got a WeTransfer from you. If you can send one over to the email I sent you here we can slot it in.
-- troux

Thats strange. Anyway. I've sent you a Private Message with the Download URL for the File.