Another suggestion, more limited, would be Frequency Central's Stasis Leak. Reverb, chorus, tap delay in 6 hp. However, the Stasis Leak is set up with a mono-in/stereo-out architecture, so it can also do double duty as a stereoizing module.
-- Lugia

a lot of the fx aid algos also have mono in/stereo out and do the stereoizing thing

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Perhaps a send/return module like the knob.farm Ferry (4hp, $140) and a really good external pedal? If reverb is really important to you, I don't think in-rack effects match the quality of external ones yet, with the possible exception of the Strymon modules. If you have anything besides modular that you might also want to use effects with (other fixed-architecture synths, guitar, etc.) that tips the balance further.

Another suggestion, more limited, would be Frequency Central's Stasis Leak. Reverb, chorus, tap delay in 6 hp. However, the Stasis Leak is set up with a mono-in/stereo-out architecture, so it can also do double duty as a stereoizing module.

this user has left ModularGrid

Good to know your observations. Sounds like if I was playing single notes it'd work fine. A chromatic harmonica should work well then. What about bending notes like on a diatonic harmonica? I'm assuming with chords things fall apart or get more difficult.

I've found Ornament and Crime to be a good multi-purpose module that actually helps many figure out what they really need going forward...they find a function that they really like and use a lot, then buy a dedicated module for it and then use O_C for other functions.
-- jb61264

good call...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I've found Ornament and Crime to be a good multi-purpose module that actually helps many figure out what they really need going forward...they find a function that they really like and use a lot, then buy a dedicated module for it and then use O_C for other functions.

JB

Hi Max

I think you meant 'populated' not 'polluted', but it gave me a laugh - seriously don't let that discourage you though - your English is OK - better than my German would be, at least without google translate!

I wouldn't count Maths as a particularly fancy module - just incredibly useful - sometimes it's cheaper to buy a slightly more expensive module in the long run - veils is incredibly good value, for example - 4 variable curve vcas in 10hp - probably better value than the doepfer one you have...

FX Aid XL would be a good module to add imo

I don't have ochd, but I think I'd probably rather have Pam's (which I do have)

I'd say you seem to have a lot of basics covered - maybe it's time to think about something interesting...

you mention what you are using for sequencing, but not the pico seq... I've got one - I use it for sequencing song parts on Sinfonion - and only for that - I find the lack of a dedicated reset button/jack a real pain... what are your thoughts about it?

cheers
Jim

please help us, help you by providing a link to a public rack (copy and paste the url)

I would have done it for you, if your racks were public and not private...

Yes, I have seen your signature before while browsing, I think it makes a great deal of sense.
please check out the rearrangement of the rack.

a bit better:
links is a good buy - versatile - especially the middle section
kinks is discontinued - used or there's a clone version
the 2 2hp mixers next to each other are impractical - split them up? how are you intending to use them (I'd want 1 next to the MCOs)
do you really need the black sequencer and the pachinko - I've got both (well Marbles) but I've got a lot more
modules/ rack space - I wouldn't have both in this size case...
I'd probably replace the blinds with happy nerding 3mia & 3vca

I'd probably only have 2 or maybe 3 sound sources in this size case - you have 4/5 - 2MCOs, beehive, quarks, nRings & monsoon - but only 2 filters & some overlap with sound sources in terms of sound modification (clouds and nRings) - & no stereo sub mixing before hitting doupples

I'd probably want an FX Aid XL or 2 - versatile, useful effects modules with 1/2 decent ergonomics and

given that the black sequencer can do modulation as well as gates/triggers and pitch I'd probably look at dropping one of the stages at least in this size case!

so still imo not very balanced - as I said I'd add another row to this to house more 'support modules' which would probably get you into ball park of balanced system - at least with this number of voices

what do you value most in utilities?
what utilities do you feel are most essential/ least essential?

sequential switches, switched multiples, trigger combiners, matrix mixers, sub mixers, logic, attenuators, inverters (or combined as attenuverters), trigger/gate delays, sample and hold, mults etc etc... they're all good - it's how you use them that counts

I have more or less all of these (& more) sometimes in multiples

the more you have, the more you can copy, alter and combine more signals to create more interesting ones

thank you.
-- fretless19

NP

Hi! I was planning on building this system with diverse sound sources, capable of performing on its own
and able to provide a bit of sound design capabilities.

Is there something that can be improved/changed?
Thanks for any advice!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1302645.jpg

Yes, I have seen your signature before while browsing, I think it makes a great deal of sense.
please check out the rearrangement of the rack.

what do you value most in utilities?
what utilities do you feel are most essential/ least essential?
thank you.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi everybody!

I started making music with modular a year ago.
Might be some kind of mid-life-crisis thing.
Used to be a teenager-dream when i saw Dieter Döpfer exhibting his cases and modules in a music-shop in Munich.
Now 20 years later, eurorack doesn't look so expensive/difficult/scarry anymore.

So i dipped my toe in!

I have a 19inch stage-case (6U) wich is housing 2 rows (82hp each) for eurorack-modules (PSU is a tipTop uZeus). The case is pretty sturdy, can be closed with a lit - wich is great for moving the rack around, jammin with a friend (maybe playing live some day). Not a beauty but a pretty budget friendly case (lots of material flying arround unused).
So it's supposed to be between a Studio-Tool and a live instrument.

I polluted the rack very slowly during the last year. As a long-time reader on this forum i tried to stick to some frequently mentioned tipps for starters.

1. Don't get seduced by the "fancy" modules
  2. RTFM before you buy a module to ensure what a specific module can do (and what not)
  3. There should be a reasonable and usefull relation between the types of modules
    (sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities)
  4. Don't buy a huge bunch of modules once, go slow, enjoy the limitation, understand stuff and exhaust the functionalitys of things you allready got

I also tried to resist buying very much "pricy" modules, due to fact that i wasn't 100% shure if would enjoy eurorack on a longer term. So after a year of research, reading and fiddling with the view modules i own, i feel more convinced to go ahead with my rack. I tend to check the functionality of my rack by building pretty much the same in VCV to see what makes sense (and sounds good). With the last two modules i purchased (MATHS and 3xMIA) i got a lot more possibilitys to mix/combine modulation CV and fine tuning modulation CV. In generall, they helped me to understand stuff.

So far so good.

At this curtain point of my build, im a little bit helpless to reach for new Modules. I just don't know where to go. So i'm asking for some input, opinions and feedback. I have two modules on my urgent wishlist, wich are OCHD and VEILS. I think OCHD is great, kind of a "no regrets" or "tried and true" module. I start to realise the possibilty of automating stuff within a patch so i think more VCAs with mix could help for stuff like that (im not set to veils).

I dont mind diving into menues that much and i also have no problems with cheatsheets ;-)
But i also like "dedicated" modules.
As a broadcast engineer i have no problem with tiny buttons and technical stuff
I'm willing to break with my tipp 01 (fancy modules) ... wich i allready did with maths

I definetivly have some fx on my short-term wishlist (FX AID not available at the moment).
I really like distings stereo-fx but i want to explore other disting-algos and get a dedicate fx module on the long term
Meanwhile i have reactivated my old tc.electronic delay/verb ;-) to free the disting

I have some "fancy" stuff on my long-term wishlist wich is (in particular order): PNW, Mimeophon, Data-Bender, Wogglebug and maybe dozens more. But those wishes are pretty random - I want to get the basic stuff covered first

Last but not least ...

I sequencing stuff in change with a keystep, SQ-1, sometimes with 2 channels of my Elektron Model.Samples.
I record my stuff with an desktop mixer, monitoring and recording with focusrite scarlett. Like a lot of people arround i like to work without the computer, except mixing and mastering tracks. Right know i'm more focused on experimenting and kind of rehearsing live performance.

Musically wise i thing i would describe my musical outpout as kind of ambient, dubish, technoid stuff.
As a kid of the 90s, aged hip-hop-head and rap/poetry artist im also attracted by the relatviely knew genre called "mod-bap"
I'm not into generative but i wouldn't mind to build patches that are kind of selve-evolving developing over a certain period of time.

Right now i'm not into swapping modules since i like all of them.
There might be a bigger cab in the future - right know i try to fill the case

Greetings from Munich and thanks for taking time,

Max

just to add - rack seems very sound source/voice heavy... seems a bit light light on sound modification too

see my signature for a guide formula to get the most versatility out of a rack for the least cost... utilities are often comparatively inexpensive...

if you have to ask "do I have enough xyz modules", then you probably don't have...

Hah, yeah good point

if you have to ask "do I have enough xyz modules", then you probably don't have...

if it were me I'd want another row (maybe 2) dedicated to more utilities (and probably another modulation source and/or envelope generators) based on what you have in that rack...

Do i have enough plumbing/ utilities ?
elements and the other sound generators really need a lot of modulation, and i'm wondering if this design has enough built in here.

thanks.

A Muxlicer from Befaco. A very rich unit, a Digital Step Controller, a Gate Generator and an Analog Switch (a.k.a. Mux/DeMux). Good build, though a couple of challenges.
I will admit I just scratched the surface o this one, didn't go into the mux/demux side much, it's such a deep unit.
Recommended.
C.K. builds a Muxlixer

"Maths will cost you $290 new, Rampage $330. TipTop's prices tend to be lower, and while things can happen with the current shortages and supply-chain issues, I wouldn't doubt their sincerity in trying to achieve that goal."

i'm talking canadian funds, the rampage is $436 plus taxes (incredibly high in quebec, comes to $501 cdn total!) at the local store and maths has dropped to $376 plus taxes. and the U.S. to Cdn funds conversion is awful for us, $200 U.S. today is $256 cdn! but i hope you're right, i just can't see how they can manage it at their prices. i'd have to think that would be the deal of the decade if the quality is there.
-- FatBerg
As an FYI based on your previous post, I often buy modules built by European manufacturers from either Schneidersladen or Thomann and get them shipped to Canada. You will not be charged their VAT and both ship for a reasonable price via UPS (arriving within a couple of days). The Befaco Rampage, for example, currently sells on Thomann for about $374 CAD. Canadian Customs will only collect the federal portion (5%) of the HST and not the provincial portion (8% in Ontario, not sure what it is in Quebec). Eurorack modules manufactured in the EU can be imported duty free. UPS will call you regarding customs clearance and you can authorize them to clear the package on your behalf. The fee for this will be more than offset by not having to pay the provincial portion of sales tax. Customer service is awesome for both. I can’t argue buying from Nightlife as their service is great and I’ve bought from them many times. Cheers.
-- bopodoq

thanks for the tip! just got something from elevatorsound.eu and it wound up being quite expensive. 25 euro shipping and i believe a $40 cdn fee from DHL for taxes and customs clearance. the addac 103 finally costed me $230. my local shop, which didn't have it in stock (or nightlife) were charging $142 cdn, no tax, no shipping.

You really put things in perspective about expanding.

The pam's was intended for some modulation, clocking, but I do need some random, that's why I also went with a wogglebug. Was also considering the verbos random sampling or the MI marbles, but some of the choices were indeed because I wanted a small rack. I also wanted to get a cold mac, but they're pretty much sold out everywhere... I may have to rethink my approach.
-- pipis93

NP

Personally I'd rather have Marbles than Wobblebug - more versatile IMO - you can even use it as a VCO (see divkid video on youtube) - I have both, well Marbles and an erica swamp (that's a descendant of their take on wobblebug)

Patience is a virtue - especially when it comes to module availability and even more so due to the pandemic - if you really want a specific module - try to have cash ready, use wigglehunt and the marketplace here, at modwiggler and for sale groups on facebook

nice enough...
some possible tips:
use a tripod - wobbly hand held camera in 1st video
frame what you are filming better - there's a lot of dead screen in the first video
edit video to remove silence at end (maybe not all but in the second video there was quite a lot) or use more delay/reverb tails
use modulation sources/vcas/etc etc so you don't film your hands and/or film something else
don't do free advertising for racists/misogynists etc

the first 3 I think are pretty important, the rest are just taste and/or ethics - and obviously don't really count if you are demoing stuff - but then I'd like voice-over too - here I'm adjusting the XYZ knob to do ABC to the sound etc

• 1 for FX Aid XL - more variety - same software platform as the ZVerb

The Happy Nerding FX Aid XL would likely have everything you need in 6hp. Tons of great reverb algorithms.

I've got 8hp left in my rack for reverb. I could pull a couple 2hp modules that get little use to make 12hp happen if need be. I play around with the psy ambient, droney, lo-fi, spacey stuff and want huge reverb. Can I get that in a 12hp module? I've been looking at TipTop Zverb but I'm open to whatever. Does it make more sense to buy the module or run everything through an external effects unit like Strymon Nightsky or Big Sky?

ModularGrid Rack

I remember a few years back some one came up with a python program to "randomly" generate patches for their synth - maybe you could try something similar - iirc the source code is (was) online

I wouldn't recommend python for this though - unless they've changed a few things - relating to allowing removal of used items from lists

basically it's just a way of (pseudo-)randomly picking items from lists - a piece of paper and a dice, a spreadsheet or a simple program or pulling bits of paper out of a hat - all will do the same things

voice 1: [pick sound source] will be modulated by [pick modulation source] (and by [pick modulation source] etc) will be processed by [pick sound modifier] (and [pick unused sound modifier] etc)
voice 2: [pick unused sound source] will be modulated by [pick modulation source] (and by [pick modulation source] etc) will be processed by [pick unused sound modifier] (and [pick unused sound modifier] etc)
voice n: [pick unused sound source] will be modulated by [pick modulation source] (and by [pick modulation source] etc) will be processed by [pick unused sound modifier] (and [pick unused sound modifier] etc)

you can obviously take it further, by going down to inputs and outputs and specifying what utilities etc you use...

after you've finished patching - try blindfolding yourself and then wiggling - or in the dark

you could also try patching with the synth turned off... or the sound turned down...

Plaits and Crave just arrived last week, and here is my first patch exploration.

I am new to video creation and would be grateful for any synth video recording tips or tricks from more seasoned wigglers. I have checked out Bo Beats excellent video on the issue, but would appreciate any other suggestions.

Many thanks for listening!

My other YouTube channel:

hahaha yeah - just grumpy old men being grumpy - hahaha

Thanks gonna check Them out.

If anyone have some interesting patching tips for my ambient system dont hold back🙂

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

this user has left ModularGrid

Smart communication and fine transaction with @pibou
Merci Pierre !

+2 on Oblique Strategies. Good enough for Eno, Bowie, and Talking Heads to create career defining albums? Good enough for me. :)

Banged on this for a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
Now, this uses an Intellijel Palette 104...very portable (they've got Palette gig bags) in which I was able to put some basic but important devices. Sorry, Jim...no extra VCFs, but there's plenty of the other stuff...

The top 1/2 row is Intellijel's utility buss, which not only has your power, but three buffered mults, a dual adder, four 1/4" jacks, and a MIDI I/O that we're not using in this exact build, but it could be helpful later on.

Tile row starts with a Temps Utile, which does some of what Pam's does but which also offers internal sequencing. This one's also outfitted with four attenuvertable CV ins. The QuadrATT serves as your mixer/attenuator/polarizer for CVs. Then there's a pair of FX send/return modules which can use the 1/4" I/O jacks for their send and return lines. And lastly, a Dual VCA lets you control two channels of amplitude (such as the FX loop outs) via modulation sources.

The 3U row works like this: I swapped in a Buchla SOU, then there's a little Erica quantizer for the T_u's sequencer channel or to create tesselations from the Maths by clocking the quantizer and changing CV outs per clock step. Next, Maths, and then there's a Veils that gives you four VCAs with variable response curves, which lets you use these for either CV or audio as needed. The Zadar/Nin combo gives you four envelopes, then your Moddemix and Morphagene. And last is a stereo audio mixer that can be used to sum the previous two to stereo...or anything else audio-wise that needs to go through there for audio summing.

It's still a small, portable build...but much more capable with the extra space and tile row.
-- Lugia

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely check this rack a bit more! As stated in another comment I may need to rethink my approach.

Hi! I'm new to modular and would like some feedback on my first build. It is primarily for sound design experimentation and secondarily for learning synthesis. I'm not familiar with the specific differences in electronic music styles, but I want to explore a range of electronic music from ambient and relaxing to evolving, bass- centric stuff. I started on a microbrute and want to build on that knowledge with a minibrute 2 and 6u rackbrute setup. I'm open to expanding to a larger setup in the future. Based on YouTube research, my favorite modules so far are MI Warps, MI Blades, and Erica Graphic VCO. Also love the 4ms SWN, but I couldn't fit it with everything else I wanted. Would love some feedback on what I could improve or change. I really need a way to sequence chords of varying note length. I plan to patch out of my modular to my guitar pedals for effects. Here is the link to my rack: ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for your help.

I enjoyed the video.
-- whatstrillmohf

Glad you found some value in it! I do try and post a Eurorack module build every 4 days (or so) so keep your eye out, I may be building a module you're interested in.

I am amazed at what this thread turned into

Nah, it's all good. That has always been the shape of the on-line world, and not a big deal. Often simply misunderstandings that get big. Easy to blow up, and just as easy to get back to smooth waters. I think the last time I got upset at an on-line argument/disagreement was in 1982

I enjoyed the video. I don’t have a mother 32 but I want one and I always wondered what it would take to put it into a eurorack rack. I appreciate you’re effort.
I am amazed at what this thread turned into. All the negativity, all the confusion, for what? I’m sorry to see that you had to write in defense of yourself.
The video and message you originally posted was simple. And in a complicated world like eurorack, for a beginner simplicity is well needed. Thank you for taking the time.

All good ideas.

IMy main issue isn't dust etc. unfortunately. I live on the California coast and salt air corrosion is a problem with electronic connections and tool corrosion, I use a lot of contact cleaner, so this might be perfect.

-- Ravenware

An idea taken from mil-spec electronics: cover the trace sides of the modules with some nonconductive substance, such as clear polyethylene hardwood floor coating or clear nail polish, to keep salt air corrosion off of them. Another idea, also...tape a pouch of silica gel inside the cab itself, and bake that out for, say, an hour at 150F after doing a gig in a damp venue. I know of a few techno guys who swear by that to keep humidity down inside their modular gear. Then all you'll need to DeOxit would be the controls and jacks, as the other measures deal with the basic humidity/salt issues.

modules are ok I guess

not sure I'd have 2 distings, the moddemix or that mixer

how are you intending to clock the Pams? - are you intending to use it for modulation? it's great but hard synched to clock... which may or may not be what you want

as an audio engineering rack - I'm seeing effects processing - I'd want more effects - especially filters, more modulation sources (not synced) and much more in the way of utilities - use maths for other things and even 2 distings get used up pretty quickly if there's nothing else - and of these particularly vcas - not just for audio but also for cv - so a quad that can be used for both linear and exponential would be perfect something like veils

as I said before get a bigger case - that way you''l have space to expand - you will need it - and a bigger case now will work out cheaper in the long run - tiptop mantis is an excellent starter size - and is very hard to beat for value for money - hp/cost and quality of power supply
-- JimHowell1970

You really put things in perspective about expanding.

The pam's was intended for some modulation, clocking, but I do need some random, that's why I also went with a wogglebug. Was also considering the verbos random sampling or the MI marbles, but some of the choices were indeed because I wanted a small rack. I also wanted to get a cold mac, but they're pretty much sold out everywhere... I may have to rethink my approach.

Banged on this for a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
Now, this uses an Intellijel Palette 104...very portable (they've got Palette gig bags) in which I was able to put some basic but important devices. Sorry, Jim...no extra VCFs, but there's plenty of the other stuff...

The top 1/2 row is Intellijel's utility buss, which not only has your power, but three buffered mults, a dual adder, four 1/4" jacks, and a MIDI I/O that we're not using in this exact build, but it could be helpful later on.

Tile row starts with a Temps Utile, which does some of what Pam's does but which also offers internal sequencing. This one's also outfitted with four attenuvertable CV ins. The QuadrATT serves as your mixer/attenuator/polarizer for CVs. Then there's a pair of FX send/return modules which can use the 1/4" I/O jacks for their send and return lines. And lastly, a Dual VCA lets you control two channels of amplitude (such as the FX loop outs) via modulation sources.

The 3U row works like this: I swapped in a Buchla SOU, then there's a little Erica quantizer for the T_u's sequencer channel or to create tesselations from the Maths by clocking the quantizer and changing CV outs per clock step. Next, Maths, and then there's a Veils that gives you four VCAs with variable response curves, which lets you use these for either CV or audio as needed. The Zadar/Nin combo gives you four envelopes, then your Moddemix and Morphagene. And last is a stereo audio mixer that can be used to sum the previous two to stereo...or anything else audio-wise that needs to go through there for audio summing.

It's still a small, portable build...but much more capable with the extra space and tile row.

This is totally about how to create financial freedom
-- nick389

-- JimHowell1970

The poster clearly has no knowledge of Eurorack. "Financial freedom" my ass!

This is totally about how to create financial freedom in your work and this will definitely help you to plan a successful business. The [scam website] first and most basic step toward building a successful business is to take control of your business finance.

-- nick389

but of fuck all interest to people on a modular synth forum!

modules are ok I guess

not sure I'd have 2 distings, the moddemix or that mixer

how are you intending to clock the Pams? - are you intending to use it for modulation? it's great but hard synched to clock... which may or may not be what you want

as an audio engineering rack - I'm seeing effects processing - I'd want more effects - especially filters, more modulation sources (not synced) and much more in the way of utilities - use maths for other things and even 2 distings get used up pretty quickly if there's nothing else - and of these particularly vcas - not just for audio but also for cv - so a quad that can be used for both linear and exponential would be perfect something like veils

as I said before get a bigger case - that way you''l have space to expand - you will need it - and a bigger case now will work out cheaper in the long run - tiptop mantis is an excellent starter size - and is very hard to beat for value for money - hp/cost and quality of power supply

Jim's spot-on here, really. 1 x 84 hp is just too tight, for one thing. Plus, a Mantis is pretty cheap...not as cheap as the 2 x 140 Ulicase, mind you, but $335 for 2 x 104, powered is a pretty stonkin' deal. And Tiptop even thought ahead for live users, as they've got their own gigbag customized for the Mantis. You also regain the 4 hp used by the uZeus, too.

Using a bigger cab can also help with sufficient space for some large modules, such as Maths. You won't have to be as concerned with what space those 20+ hp-ers are burning.
-- Lugia

Truth is I wasn't planning to go too big in general, I want to keep a small yet packed system since it's going to be further processed in a DAW.

I also am thinking that the sentence "to integrate 0-coast to the rack" was not the proper phrasing, I am not planning on physically moding 0-coast onto the rack, also why I was going for something smaller.

Thanks @farkas, and yep, that's the FX Aid on reverb with the Reverb Black Hole algorithm.

Konstant Labs' PWRchekrs so you can easily keep an eye on your DC rails' health. The most sensible 1 hp module ever!
-- Lugia

IMy main issue isn't dust etc. unfortunately. I live on the California coast and salt air corrosion is a problem with electronic connections and tool corrosion, I use a lot of contact cleaner, so this might be perfect.

I just ordered 4 PWR Checkers to put in this new rack (1 HP is a perfect size) to give 'em a try.
Thanks,

Jim's spot-on here, really. 1 x 84 hp is just too tight, for one thing. Plus, a Mantis is pretty cheap...not as cheap as the 2 x 140 Ulicase, mind you, but $335 for 2 x 104, powered is a pretty stonkin' deal. And Tiptop even thought ahead for live users, as they've got their own gigbag customized for the Mantis. You also regain the 4 hp used by the uZeus, too.

Using a bigger cab can also help with sufficient space for some large modules, such as Maths. You won't have to be as concerned with what space those 20+ hp-ers are burning.

have you come across Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies? a really useful tool for getting past blocks in any field - originally a set of cards, but also available freely online

-- JimHowell1970

+1 on the Strategies. Eno and Schmidt really came up with a classic "mind-jogger" for musical purposes with that, and it doesn't surprise me that we now have Internet versions: https://obliquestrategies.app/020003/ I use a local version of them to keep from pulling up something huge like Firefox when I'm already running Ableton. You can find them on the Apple Store and on Google Play as well.

One other mindjogger that comes to mind is the score for Stockhausen's "Aus den Sieben Tagen". All of this consists of texts which contain instructions to the performer(s), and the concepts that Cholly plays with here are very similar in character AND result to the Strategies. In a sense, they're a sort of instructions for koans specifically for musicians. If you're into envelope-pushing, this is like using a NOS-powered bulldozer to do some REAL sound-shoving!

Oh, I can see some of why Tiptop's Buchla prices are so cheap: for example, none of these have Don's "E-bus" behind the panel. Also, take into account that passive (and some active) components used here are cheaper than they'd been in the 1970s when the original 200 came out. And it wouldn't surprise me if Tiptop had their own board fab, given that they can reliably supply BIG concerns, such as Sweetwater. And the really cool part: no separate control and audio paths...everything conforms to Eurorack's patching standards, which definitely simplifies the design of these while their primary circuits STILL have that tasty Buchla flavor.

please post a link to a public rack not a jpg - they are next to useless - no click through and 7k modules - help us help you!!!

start with a bigger rack - mantis or lc9 - it will be near impossible to satisfy your goals with 3u/84hp and a uZeus
-- JimHowell1970

Thank you for your help!

please post a link to a public rack not a jpg - they are next to useless - no click through and 7k modules - help us help you!!!

start with a bigger rack - mantis or lc9 - it will be near impossible to satisfy your goals with 3u/84hp and a uZeus

You'll get dust in that 1hp gap or worse something conductive, trust me. I would recommend getting or 3d printing a 1hp blank.
-- aramaki23

Or, more sensibly, drop in one of Konstant Labs' PWRchekrs so you can easily keep an eye on your DC rails' health. The most sensible 1 hp module ever!