Killer acid as always, man. Would love to experiment with your rack. Looks so fun.
Is that the FX Aid on reverb duties? Kind of reminiscent of one of their algorithms I tried out.
Keep up the great work.

After spending months working on feedback patches, I took a break, redid my acid rack, and had some fun cranking this out tonight, hope you all enjoy!

Made with:
ModularGrid Rack

The MCO is turning out to be a particularly versatile oscillator, MSCL adds a nice touch, Squid Salmple rules, having just rebuilt the rack I think there's a lot for me to explore but so far so good.

I am somewhat new to modular your opinions and help are greatly appreciated!

ModularGrid Rack

I am trying to make a small system for sound engineering with which I want to create and possibly sample self-generative stuff, like melodies, basses and drum patterns (mostly through morphagene I guess since I focus on breaks) as separate components or together. I already have a 0-coast which I bought a year ago or something so I would like to use it with this rack for these purposes.

Will this work? Thank you in advance!

Edit: I opted out for a Behringer CP1-A power supply.
Edit 2: Changed phrasing for clarity

what's the power?
-- JimHowell1970

Ah! I used Frequency Central Routemasters everywhere,I've built 10 of 'em so far. Reliable and stable as heck, and very able to provide lots of power, particularly if you add larger heat sinks to the power transistors.

hahahaha

what's the power? I really like the befaco excalibus... most of my racks are powered by these - really really quiet - up to video rates (MHz, not just KHz) - no visible dirt in video synth output... which I do see from the Frequency Central psus I have...

I've already had plenty of "Oh, he's just an old guy ranting"!!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

why b-company crap?
-- JimHowell1970

Only the racks, I swear, and that's cuz they're just sheet metal and Behr. can't mess that up!

• I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man - 52 next week!

Congrats, and enjoy it. Plenty of built-in cover comes from "Oh, he's just an old guy ranting"

Thank you both for the comments. I made that after the first four installments of the video series I mentioned. Three more videos have been added with a ton of additional tips and tricks for the Krell, so I think I'll be trying a new version of it this weekend. Fun fun!

Ran the whole playlist this afternoon and yeah, there is a lot of great stuff there. Very cool mix of styles and sounds and techniques. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Hehe. I actually recently retired from 31 years in software management at Apple so frugality is not one of my hallmark characteristics. Being a slob and loving to build stuff from scratch my entire life is, which is why so much looks (and is) DIY.

good for you!!! but in that case - why b-company crap?

I've had macbooks/mbps for 15 years or so and always recommend them over anything else - I caught on to the IBM philosophy even earlier than they did - support is the real expense, especially if you can deprecate your hardware... I really like Logic Pro, but the office software is still unfortunately poor compared to Office... but I use it as it comes pre-installed and free

Muxlicer build video - much better idea... non-controversial - did you buy a kit or source your
own components?

For a company like Befaco I find that they provide high quality parts and I buy their full set. Some others (I won't mention names) use really poor quality parts, or parts that don't actually fit (very aggravating) so I buy the PCB and panel and dd my own parts from my bench stock or buy from Mouser, AmplifiedParts, Thonk, or others.

I try to buy pcb/panel sets because I have a fair amount of stock on hand ,so mostly I just need to buy the odd IC and restock passives - so unusual sized resistors is a PITA

the correct sized part is TME and not mouser! - TME is where befaco buy their components >from... found out after!

Yeah, Befaco is interesting. Has anyone ever found out why their circuit board traces have curves and curly bits vs. the relatively straight traces everyone else uses? I've asked them with no response....

I put it down to Iberian aesthetics...

can we rate you compared to SynthDIYGuy? extra points for swearing, self-deprecating humour, >burning yourself, desoldering accidents etc etc! he gets nil points for any of those - so you might >be on a winner!

Rate away. I have evolved over my life from "smartass kid" to "overbearing know-it-all" to my now current "grumpy old man" personas, and it's all fun.

hahah - too true - I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man - 52 next week!

Want to see extreme DIY? Here's a snapshot of my testing rack in my workshop, truly a lashup.
shoprack

-- Ravenware

really like your testing rack - wish I could justify one - probably could if I really wanted to - I just usually check the continuity/grounding with a multimeter - and then hook it up to a spare fc power supply to check nothing blows up before sticking it in one of the racks to test properly - mostly works - but I have blown up a few wall warts in the process

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I was, especially your post with your rack in it - everything else is DIY - so frugality seems to be
important to you - which is the opposite of racking a semi - I like DIY 1/2 my racks are DIY!
-- JimHowell1970

Hehe. I actually recently retired from 31 years in software management at Apple so frugality is not one of my hallmark characteristics. Being a slob and loving to build stuff from scratch my entire life is, which is why so much looks (and is) DIY.

Muxlicer build video - much better idea... non-controversial - did you buy a kit or source your
own components?

For a company like Befaco I find that they provide high quality parts and I buy their full set. Some others (I won't mention names) use really poor quality parts, or parts that don't actually fit (very aggravating) so I buy the PCB and panel and dd my own parts from my bench stock or buy from Mouser, AmplifiedParts, Thonk, or others.

the correct sized part is TME and not mouser! - TME is where befaco buy their components >from... found out after!

Yeah, Befaco is interesting. Has anyone ever found out why their circuit board traces have curves and curly bits vs. the relatively straight traces everyone else uses? I've asked them with no response....

can we rate you compared to SynthDIYGuy? extra points for swearing, self-deprecating humour, >burning yourself, desoldering accidents etc etc! he gets nil points for any of those - so you might >be on a winner!

Rate away. I have evolved over my life from "smartass kid" to "overbearing know-it-all" to my now current "grumpy old man" personas, and it's all fun.

Want to see extreme DIY? Here's a snapshot of my testing rack in my workshop, truly a lashup.
shoprack

But not when you are the butt of the joke, it seems!
-- JimHowell1970

OK, insert the obligatory "Haha LMFAO" to all my posts, since that's what's happening in my head anyway.

And I will admit, posting wars (whether through 300 baud BBSs or gigaspeed forums ) has always been very entertaining to me. To Quote from Gladiator Are you not entertained?????

But enough on this thread, since Im sure it's not necessarily entertaining to enough people, I'll cease my little enjoyment.

But there will be a new build video in a couple of days on the Befaco Muxlicer, which I found to be an interesting build and a very deep unit which I have just scratched the surface on.
--ck

-- Ravenware

yeah probably a good idea... it's not like too much fun is possible!!

"Are you not entertained" - I was, especially your post with your rack in it - everything else is DIY - so frugality seems to be important to you - which is the opposite of racking a semi - I like DIY 1/2 my racks are DIY!

Muxlicer build video - much better idea... non-controversial - did you buy a kit or source your own components? I've done both for befaco modules - there would be a huge blooper reel of my reaction to realising I'd bought normal sized 1/4w resistors, if I'd doen a build video for it - when 1/4w in 1/8w cases were required... argh... or realising I'd bought another wrong sized part because the only source of the correct sized part is TME and not mouser! - TME is where befaco buy their components from... found out after!

can we rate you compared to SynthDIYGuy? extra points for swearing, self-deprecating humour, burning yourself, desoldering accidents etc etc! he gets nil points for any of those - so you might be on a winner!

-- JimHowell1970

OK, insert the obligatory "Haha LMFAO" to all my posts, since that's what's happening in my head anyway.

And I will admit, posting wars (whether through 300 baud BBSs or gigaspeed forums ) has always been very entertaining to me. Diktat posts that aim to impose absolute "this is the correct thing, noting else is valid" are always rich fields for engaging in lively conversation. To Quote from Gladiator Are you not entertained?????

But enough on this thread, since Im sure it's not necessarily entertaining to enough people, I'll cease my little enjoyment.

But there will be a new build video in a couple of days on the Befaco Muxlicer, which I found to be an interesting build and a very deep unit which I have just scratched the surface on.
--ck

this user has left ModularGrid

Smart & fine transaction with @timvanderburg
Thank you Tim !

you are totally missing the point

And believe me, I have an excellent sense of humor.

Hopefully you can embrace that also, and engage your own sense of humor.
--ck
-- Ravenware

Trust me, I'm laughing my fucking ass off!

I don't believe I am missing the point, however you are free to express that opinion. And believe me, I have an excellent sense of humor. I also like to provide clarification when something I have said or posted appears to be misinterpreted.

Hopefully you can embrace that also, and engage your own sense of humor.
--ck

I will direct you to "usually" in the first sentence, "our native language is sarcasm", and "chill out and have fun"...

get a sense of humour and chill out! FFS

hahaha - well usually when people start posting in a forum, they've hung around a bit and read a >load of other posts...

Or not. If a poster stays within the boundaries of the forum rules (if posted) then they can certainly post anything that is relevant and within those rules.

the general thinking on the subject of putting semi-modulars in racks is that it's incredibly wasteful -... so posting a video of something that should be discouraged

So what you're saying is that a post on this forum is supposed to adhere to the "groupthink" currently existing, rather than to an expression of an alternative option? Again, seems very odd to me.
For me, and for other people I have encountered, rack space is much more available than desk space. So moving a desktop synth into a rack is much much more effective than piling stand-alone synths on various flat surfaces. For me, putting a Mother 32 or Model-D in a rack is much much more efficient and useful than not. Others have many valid reasons for not doing that, but doing so is not wrong.

• is against the general grain of the forum and should be expected to meet with derision and sarcastic humour
    -- JimHowell1970

Responding to a valid alternate use for a synthesizer unit with "derision and sarcastic humour" seems a very hostile and unpleasant way to develop a community. Light hearted humorous responses certainly add spice to a forum and are fun, but not "derision". I will continue to not assume hostility to ideas that are valid but not part of some forum-universal thought-ban and post them.
Thanks for your feedback.
--ck

outputs to inputs - use reverb and delay - modulate them - slow clock - buy a new module - eat the hottest curry you can find - or the absolute blandest thing - do different or just more drugs (legal and/or illegal as you see fit or as imposed by your slave masters) - go and do something else for a while: go for a walk, read a book, watch a movie, listen to some music you wouldn't normally listen to - maybe the 2021 best of modular grid album on bandcamp

have you come across Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies? a really useful tool for getting past blocks in any field - originally a set of cards, but also available freely online

have you downloaded the 'maths illustrated supplment'? - work your way through that or just randomly pick a patch to start you off...

maybe you'd get better help if you explained the rut that you've got yourslef in more...

hahaha - well usually when people start posting in a forum, they've hung around a bit and read a load of other posts... if you had then you would understand...

the general thinking on the subject of putting semi-modulars in racks is that it's incredibly wasteful - and definitely not something to be encouraged, in fact it is something to be heartily discouraged - semi's tend to come with powered racks already so you've already paid for power and somewhere to put it once - so taking it out of its case and putting it in a rack is considered to be paying for this twice and wasting rack space that could be used for other modules that actually need the rack space and power - so posting a video of something that should be discouraged - is against the general grain of the forum and should be expected to meet with derision and sarcastic humour (for most of the regular contributors to this forum, sarcasm is our native tongue, no matter the country we were born in)

saying that chill out and have fun...

You'll get dust in that 1hp gap or worse something conductive, trust me.
-- aramaki23

Good thought, but as you'll see from the picture I posted in response to another comment, this is going in to an open-backed setup in my studio, so dust, cat hair, and other airborne contaminants are rampant. I live with it.

All of the quoted material below is very odd to me.
I'll address the questions, but first want to be clear on my intent. When I do something in this space (as I've done in many specialized forums (including a very popular one I co-owned in the '90s focused on Kurzweil keyboards) over the past 43 years since getting my Hayes modem for my Apple ][ in 1979) I will post about it. This post is in the "You" area, where social media information is presented. I did something with a modular rig, recorded it, and posted it. That is the intent of the "You" area, correct?

But in all seriousness, I don't understand the goal here
-- toodee

This is difficult for me to understand. The title of the post is "Putting a Mother 32 in a Behringer Eurorack rack" . That's what is subsequently shown. So the "goal" as expressed in the title is demonstrated as a unitary thing in the subsequent text and video. If there were another goal expressed, like "Putting a Mother 32 in a Behringer Eurorack rack and integrating it with a larger setup" then I certainly would have attempted to meet that goal, but that was not the expression.

Or is this supposed to be part of a larger setup, in which
case why is that information completely missing from here,

Again, that was not the intent. I often produce videos that are "modular", the address one single aspect, one bite-sized piece of information in a larger whole. Nothing was intended or implied to be comprehensive or part of a grander strategy or layout. It is, of course, and there will be a photo of the current studio rig below, but that's irrelevant to this post. This was and is about one thing that some might be interested in seeing prior to doing it themselves.
Where I do have wanted to show integration into a larger studio I would have titled the post something different.
And simply because some people on a forum are not interested in a topic is, of course, no reason to withhold a post, else most forums would be very bare indeed.

greatly reducing the interest for others users of this forum ?

And that is why a title is used. The title encapsulates the information to be provided. This (hopefully) prevents someone who may not be interested from wasting his or her time viewing the post. My intent is never, since it's generally impossible, to make a post that is interesting to every individual member of a forum. That is a Sisyphean task that I don't undertake.

Did someone really ask you offline ? If so, why did you chose >another communication channel to answer their question ?

Yes, on YouTube. I shared the response here since in my experience I've found that a question by one person is unasked but in the minds of at least 10 more, potentially in other locations. And since it was added to this thread (instead of creating a new one) then it was no more intrusive than the original, bounded, post.

I wish you would celebrate logical and critical thinking instead

But I am. My logical thinking is, again, "here's a thing someone might want to do, now they have [another] resource to review before doing so". And my critical thinking is "I don't want to bury this information in a broader video about an entire rig, so we'll isolate the key points".

What Lugia is trying to tell you or not trying to tell you >here, is that taking anything out of one powered case and >putting it in another case is pointless in terms of cost.
-- Baltus

I really don't understand this. No where in my post or in the video directly was there any mention of cost. Cost was and is irrelevant in this posting, I don't understand how "cost" could have been pulled out of anything posted.
My "point" was "Here's a thing people might want to do. I'm doing it. I'll post a video resource for a future person's potential reference". Had I said "and you'll save money" then certainly that's a point for discussion, but I did not.

And while this may be true (I don't know, since this person did not clarify their intent themself) the original post that I responded to did NOT contain that information, nor any other information, to determine what the intent was. That is a non-useful posting on any forum.

Anyway, this discussion is certainly interesting. And I will continue to post links to videos that might not be "complete" in a global holistic entire studio sense with every aspect of any installation detailed in great length every time I post. I do not believe that violates any Forum rules, though it may from time to time not be to the taste of specific readers.

And just for fun, here is the sub-rack that this unit is being integrated into, still needs a number of components that I am currently building, and posting videos of the builds that you'll also see links to posted here. Of course, this is just one of my racks, I hope not including the entire current state of my studio is not also received as a faux pas.

inprograck

im currently in a writers/patchers block,i could use some tips to help get me out.

this is my case

ModularGrid Rack

i do Ambient stuff

could you guys help me out with some Ambient patching ideas that could get me out of that block.

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

You'll get dust in that 1hp gap or worse something conductive, trust me. I would recommend getting or 3d printing a 1hp blank.

Hey Ravenware,

No, I'll let someone else point out the obvious here...I'm tired of having to repeat the same goddamn thing over and over.
-- Lugia

What Lugia is trying to tell you or not trying to tell you here, is that taking anything out of one powered case and putting it in another case is pointless in terms of cost. This is of course actually obvious. However, the argument also only considers the financial aspect and there can be many other reasons for integrating a stand-alone device into a modular synth rack. Be it aesthetic, organizational, structural or just because it looks cool. I also had a Model D in my rack for a while and it was just the right spot for me. As the owner of a modular synthesizer, you build your own instrument and a wide variety of aspects play a role.

Did someone really ask you offline ? If so, why did you chose another communication channel to answer their question ?

I wish you would celebrate logical and critical thinking instead of Lugia's enthusiasm to try and help people around here...

-- toodee

Regardless of whether the idea makes sense to you, I don't understand why you have to be so hostile and also arrogant towards someone who only presents his project here.

Thanks for sharing, I quite enjoyed listening to this and the patch notes and references in the video description are a welcome addition, so thanks again Mr. Knobs, have a sub :-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---

• And one empty slot. I plan to put a powered Multi in there
    -- Ravenware

I had a good laugh imagining our dear Lugia reading this line

But in all seriousness, I don't understand the goal here... Is this intended to be a build that lives on its own, in which case why go for such a small case and a buff mult ? Do you really intend to use the gates from the M32 sequencer as is to trigger the pingable LFO or completely disregard the pingable aspect of it ?
Or is this supposed to be part of a larger setup, in which case why is that information completely missing from here, greatly reducing the interest for others users of this forum ?

Someone asked off-line how I was going to finish out this rack module. Three more modules;
-- Ravenware

Did someone really ask you offline ? If so, why did you chose another communication channel to answer their question ?

I wish you would celebrate logical and critical thinking instead of Lugia's enthusiasm to try and help people around here...

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Nicely done! Some seriously good stuff in your Two and a Half Krells. Enjoyed that a lot.

"Maths will cost you $290 new, Rampage $330. TipTop's prices tend to be lower, and while things can happen with the current shortages and supply-chain issues, I wouldn't doubt their sincerity in trying to achieve that goal."

i'm talking canadian funds, the rampage is $436 plus taxes (incredibly high in quebec, comes to $501 cdn total!) at the local store and maths has dropped to $376 plus taxes. and the U.S. to Cdn funds conversion is awful for us, $200 U.S. today is $256 cdn! but i hope you're right, i just can't see how they can manage it at their prices. i'd have to think that would be the deal of the decade if the quality is there.
-- FatBerg
As an FYI based on your previous post, I often buy modules built by European manufacturers from either Schneidersladen or Thomann and get them shipped to Canada. You will not be charged their VAT and both ship for a reasonable price via UPS (arriving within a couple of days). The Befaco Rampage, for example, currently sells on Thomann for about $374 CAD. Canadian Customs will only collect the federal portion (5%) of the HST and not the provincial portion (8% in Ontario, not sure what it is in Quebec). Eurorack modules manufactured in the EU can be imported duty free. UPS will call you regarding customs clearance and you can authorize them to clear the package on your behalf. The fee for this will be more than offset by not having to pay the provincial portion of sales tax. Customer service is awesome for both. I can’t argue buying from Nightlife as their service is great and I’ve bought from them many times. Cheers.

When in doubt, use it and cv it and see what happens.
-- FatBerg

That's the spirit!

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

It'll be somewhere spacy, that's for damn sure!
-- Lugia

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Troux,

I have used it occasionally so far, not because I don't like the module but because I didn't had enough time to dive deep into it. Compression is still something new to me, so I still have to gain more experience to be able to provide you here with a deep knowledge answer.

On a much higher level and my first impression working with this module was excellent though. The sturdiness and the quality of a Waldorf module is just lovely. The few times I used it so far, I am happy with it, seems to work pretty well. For me it was good enough to get a second unit :-)

Just very recent I came across a Bastl Instruments - Dynamo module, that looks like a compressor module to me too. I don't know it and I don't have it, I just saw it a few days ago, perhaps worth to have a look at?

Here a copy of the Bastl-instruments.com website about this module:

Dynamo is a combination of 3 utility modules: envelope follower, comparator, and voltage-controlled switch. It combines Envelope Follower and comparator to extract the gate from the envelope. On top of that, there is full-wave rectifier output |EF IN| and Compressor CV curve generator.

When the Compressor CV is plugged into the CV input of a VCA with offset and attenuator knobs, you get a Compressor! The threshold knob on Dynamo sets the compressor threshold, Offset on the VCA sets the gain, and the attenuator on the CV input sets the ratio of compression (which can also go negative). This allows you to create a compressor type of effect from anything: VCA, tube module, VCF, or anything that comes to your rack!

Good luck with the search for a compressor and kind regards, Garfield.

Someone asked off-line how I was going to finish out this rack module. Three more modules;
- the Quad LFO from 4MS, since Moogs love Mods
- A Befaco Out to feed my Focusrite Claret in the studio
- And one empty slot. I plan to put a powered Multi in there, but I don't have a spare right now, will fill it with a Patching Panda Copycat.

Leaves like a 1 HP gap but I can live with that.

m32 rack

Hi All! It's been a while since I posted any new recordings, but I have been busy recording stuff. This one I recorded early this morning after starting it on Sunday afternoon. It's my first experiment with the classic Todd Barton Krell patch. Huge thanks and acknowledgement to JD Cramer on ModWiggler for his most excellent recent tutorial series on this venerable modular patch and its methods and madness. Search YouTube for "The Krellberg Variations" to see them. I included a full detailed description in YouTube. Cheers!

Nice!

Yes! Thank you very much for putting this together. I'll set this up to play this afternoon.

Thank you TumeniKnobs, I really appreciate that.

This is very cool! Love both the track and the video. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

Well... there are patch cables and there are patch cables ;-) But too avoid a (very) long discussion... I will just share some experience I made with patch cables here.

I have just recently made some very bad experience with Endorphin.es patch cables, far too thin, not nice to use and the slipped out of my patch cable holders from Voltcraft ML-1 SW 14 "Messleitungshalter" (German for lab cable holder, freely translated). Not only the cable were very thin but also the plugs. I don't understand why Endorphin.es (who has in my opinion to keep up a good name in the market) wants to offer such a poor type of patch cables...

Anyway, I also less recently but after I posted here above my recommendation about Cordial CPI series, made some very good experience with Vermona patch cables. I think they are even a notch or two better than Cordial CPI series and roughly about in the same price category. The prices of these top-notch cables is quite an issue hence why I buy small patch cables from Make Noise. For that kind of money great patch cables (not top-notch though) and wouldn't cost you an arm or a leg and for the longer patch cables I still make them myself.

Regarding stackables, I actually never owned them myself, however seen and used them at my local dealer and from the above comments here I straight away knew that's not the road to go. External splitter might be an idea however why not just get a bunch of buffered multiples and all problems are solved? ;-) At my signature you will find my website where you can download for free PDF formatted review reports. All the multiples I have, I have reviewed them and published a review report of those. I am in the middle of all testing them in the same way so a more fair way of comparing them to each other will be established. By March/April I hope to have updated all the multiple review reports (those with Appendix A v1.26 or later are the updated ones and the ACL one is one of the new style measured multiples too). In Appendix A (separately downloadable at the "Other documents" tab) you can find in subparagraph 2.5.2.4 The multiple functionality in details how I have tested it.

Happy patching to everyone and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Many cheap buffered multiples introduce slight offset into signal. Not very important but if switched with some kind of sequential switch may make pitch jump half a not up or down. But yeah if you need more than on or two copies of signal passive splitters are better than stackables.

I have stackables. But I don't know about buying more of them. ... stacking them creates longer and longer levers...>

-- Ronin1973

Yes my concern too.
Other than that the sockets start to fail after some use.

-- wiggler55550

You never need to plug more than 2 cables into one socket, you can just daisy chain them. But yes sockets usually fail after 2-3 years of frequent patching

I received my copy some days ago and had time to dive in a bit.
I'm a trumpet player and I can say that the hardware rocks. It's absolutely self-sufficient. No need of preamp-prefiltering. Be aware that with non-monophonic instrument like guitars, you have to play very clean to avoid any surprise. But with monophonic instrument and voice, it works really great. The firmware still needs a lot of work, but it's very promising.

Yeah. Fiiking brilliante. Instant fan base. Hoo!

Chomp chomp, chomp, more hunger. Yow. Me.

KALAMITY MOOFUH!!!

Mr. Kane
-- Herkjk

Thanks mate! Just took a few weeks off moving everything to a Doepfer Monster + Base. Back at it in between day job and minecraft with the kids.

No, I'll let someone else point out the obvious here...I'm tired of having to repeat the same goddamn thing over and over.
-- Lugia

But you did feel compelled to post a content free reply. I celebrate your enthusiasm.
--ck

... and I certainly plan to get lost in that buchla fog! I was in the middle of trying to make a drum machine out of my neutron with some random gates coming from the rampage comparator when the modules arrived. So nice to realize I didn't have to undo the rampage and use it for envelopes because I now have 4 buchla function generators to work with. I look forward to chaining/modulating the function generators together since I now have so many. The dual oscillator also offers many possibilities, fm/double fm, waveshape modulation etc. It has got to be one of the best value for money oscillators out there right now!? Still not exactly sure what the processing input and cv does? I get the inversion part but not the rest. When in doubt, use it and cv it and see what happens.

Just picked up a TakTakTak Drumbo Syncussion "clone" and made this quick demo as there are only a few videos online.

re serge: you can always buy them from random*source in modules - one at a time - some are available DIY too - but might not be for long - otherwise there's Elby in Australia that do serge like stuff iirc!

when I see building blocks I mainly think basic functions - lfos, vcos, filters, delays and a shed load of utility modules - something that you can use to 'patch anything up with' if you know what I mean...

It'll be somewhere spacy, that's for damn sure!

I know for a fact that there's a PILE of the old-skool Detroiters that are outright salivating over the new "t" series. But then, that makes perfect sense when you realize that one of the tracks that early DJs in tha D were mixing was the rhythmic part of Part 2 from "Silver Apples of the Moon". Works like a charm!

Here's an idea...if you put in a module like the Strymon AA.1 or some other stompbox "integrator", once you're outside of the synth, there are some other possibilities for processing that aren't generally found in synth modules. The specific example I'm thinking of is E-H's TriParallel Mixer, which is crazy-versatile when you set up the attached stompers so that they ALL work like the same processor, albeit with some really trippy routing possibilities. I've used mine with some of the (in)famous Chinese stompboxes, and the results have been STELLAR. But that's one possible example; my studio itself also has its own parallelling system that uses a Studio Technologies Model 80 for distribution and buffering across eight stereo pairs, with a Rane SM 26B for summing on the "out" side of it. Instead of stompers, though, that system is for my 100+ rack processing units so that I can set up processing "cascades" with a lot less hassle than other methods.

yeah, yeah, I bought already a lottery ticket but so far nothing...

Oh right! That's a good point... hmm... looks like we all have to buy some of that Buchla stuff, then we all go far down the Buchla Hole and perhaps we meet again in deep space