this user has left ModularGrid

Thanks Garfield and Lugia,

Yeah the 4ms VCAMatrix is super fun and useful. The smaller knobs are a little tricky to manage if you do a lot of patch modulation in the main matrix but the cool mute buttons work well. Great module and having 16 VCAs that can be patched and modulated is a real powerhouse. I like this and the new Livestock Electronics Maze in my other case quite a bit to do fade in/out, transitions, mute duty and other useful tasks in a larger modular system.

Thank you for all your input, guys! I decided to go for a Marbles clone.

Regarding the 0-coast and 0-ctrl, they are actually outside the case, like the SQ-1. I just added an extra row to include them, as they’re all integral to my workflow.

Regarding the many power sources, the rack is actually made up of five separate racks. One Rackbrute 6u, one Rackbrute 3u, one three tier Moog rack with the DFAM in its own case in the bottom tier. But the general layout is as you see it here on Modulargrid. The 3-tier Moog rack is the right side of the rack above (DFAM and above). Sorry for not making this clear.

I would love some creative feedback on workflow/ergonomics, Lugia. I’d be happy if you were to give it a go at restructuring it.

:)

Noise from the Mutable Instruments Kinks is fed into the Veils VCA and set fairly low, this goes through the ADDAC103 T-Networks which is used as a filter, this can produce a sort of random static or crackle, this then goes into a Ladik E-510 Envelope Follower which picks out Gates, Triggers and a Decay envelope which are all used to control other things. The Only regularly clocked things from Pamela's New Workout are the Repeats are clocked on the Make Noise Mimeophon and then i bring in a bit of clocked rhythm later on.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

The Arturia controllers are tailor-made for this environment, very powerful, and relatively cheap. When I was getting started, I considered a Keystep/Beatstep Pro setup much like Lugia's, but I have very little desk space and needed some other outboard gear in that space. Otherwise, I probably would have been perfectly happy with a similar setup.

Short answer: I totally agree with @Lugia. Many other connoisseurs (including modular dealers...) have the same view.

Longer answer: my own and personal strategy, from the beginning, was little or no modules dedicated to drums. First, I was already well equipped (old TR-707, DrumBrute Impact, ADX-1, Volca Drum, Volca Sample, and now a brand new RD-6 :)
And by selecting for my modular Nebulae which incorporates a one-shot polyphonic sample player (within its alternate instruments), Disting mk4, Rings (great percs module too), and last but not least BIA, I was ready to achieve a whole bunch of drum sounds. Plus, more recently, I even added Plaits, LIP, and One. I think I'm a spoiled modularist, right?

However, I must admit that I am tempted today to conclude with two small 2hp modules: Kick and Hat only. Just for some modular techno sessions.

There is no conclusion here that is suitable for everyone.
I just wanted a modular instrument that was quite sound design (and random or stochastic) oriented.
It's all a matter of artistic direction and budget.

But I remain firmly convinced that a 808 or a 909, a Mini Pops or an Oberheim DMX, belong to a different animal species. They are like birds; you have to leave them alone, and not put them in sort of cages/cases :))

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

The Eurorack 1U landscape is developing at the moment. Convenient for travel. I'm starting to think about a standalone setup only based on this format.

Endorphin.es is coming. Mosaic, and Intellijel of course, have a great offer. Etc. And Xodes (XO) has created a series of format changers. They allow using 1U modules in a 3U case by creating 1U rows. Perfect for combining with some Picos or 2hps, for example.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Thanks Lugia, good to know. I hope the replacement does what it's supposed to.

I will confess I’ve never yet looked critically at external hardware controllers to connect with modular. I got into modular years after most of my other studio investments.

My main studio/modular rig has NI Komplet Kontrol S88mkII keyboard to my DAW, with a Roli Seaboard49 less used (but I’m wanting to use it more esp MPE). I figured any MIDI/CV from this setup would be via the computer (not the controller outs), SO I haven’t looked seriously at best external controlers interfacing directly with modular (eg bypassing the computer).

My travel modular I use alone or alongside other small things like a Roland Jupiter XM. The JXM I could do as Farkas suggests, ARP out…

Sounds like the Arturia lineup is worth consideration, if I don’t already have something close enough to that.

And the general theme above I’m taking as “handle as much of the note instructions as possible outside of modular” eg it’s more efficiently done in something like an Arturia controller or DAW…

Thanks for the ideas guys!!

“two BSP’s” = 2 Arturia Beatstep Pros yes?

Yeah, this is kind of a case of making it more difficult than it needs to be.

It’s an Intellijel 1u format

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/stem-modular-quad-comparator

Where have you been all my life!?

Wondering what's up with that? OK, here's why...

Comparators are devices that output a gate for as long as an incoming signal is above a given threshold. But WINDOW comparators have TWO thresholds...one lower, one higher, and you can set gate/trigs to fire above, IN the "window" formed by the high and low thresholds, and below that. And even better, this contains summing for both input and output, so if you want to fire several gates off of one signal, it's easy with this thing. For those who use a lot of LFO/envelope signals plus a Boolean module, this thing has your name written all over it! Let the crazy logic timing commence!!!

I'm still of the opinion that drums don't belong in these sizes of builds. For one thing, emulating the voicing of a classic machine such as a TR-909 costs an arm and a leg. But if you don't have a full percussion module complement, then the drums just sound sort of random.

OTOH, present-day standalone drum machines are sufficiently sophisticated that they can replicate much of the functionality you'd find in a modular built that costs a few THOUSAND more. And you can get these with extra trigger/gate outs for firing off other events...which IS where you might want some accent percussion in a module or two. Plus, some have individual outs...with which you can separate and process each percussive separately.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thanks a lot for another great video demo, this time the 4ms - VCA Matrix module. I heard of it but your demo emphasis it in a way that it makes me feel interested in it! :-)

How are the knobs, aren't they not too small or is it doable?

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Anubiz,

That's a nice track, sounds a bit like Genesis/Phil Collins to me, or is it? :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I use and swear by this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KeystepPro--arturia-keystep-pro-37-key-controller-and-sequencer Involves NO modules, which opens up more potential space. I also have two BSPs that can be locked up to that, and then I can also lock those to the DAW either with CV Tools or sending a MIDI clock. So, nah...you don't need those modules for this purpose.

But no worries as I can always use this 1u stereo out module on my 14u MDLR case that has 1u tile row as well :-)

-- sacguy71

But is it Intellijel-format on that tile row, or Pulplogic's original standard? If it's the latter, that Intellijel Out won't fit. Best to leave it in the Palette, as it's the "control" over the levels being sent to an output 1/4" pair.

Definitely a good demo of what a matrix mixer...even a simple one...can do. I like 'em on modulation, which makes it possible to have several composite mod signals from a minimum of modules. My AE system even has one!

Hi Sacguy71,

I only see a big question mark, looks like you used a wrong link, might that be?

Wow, an Endorphin.es Shuttle System, nice! :-) Can't wait for your demo video about that one :-D Kind regards, Garfield.

actual link to rack

ModularGrid Rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hello everyone - hope you are all well and staying safe,

So, I use 2 cases together (an 84hp and a 104hp). I never use them independently and don't want to buy another case to combine the 2 so I'm just sticking to that for now. I plan on eventually getting a 104 HP/7u Intellijel case but that's not anytime soon.

Looking for ANY general advice on my current set-up (I don't know anyone who knows about synthesis IRL so I just want someone to look at what I've put together! The modular community is absolutely dope. A real wholesome bunch!).

Looking for more specific advice on the drum portion:
I was thinking of getting rid of Pico Drum and the 2hp VCA/Verb leaving 7hp for a different drum voice - but it would be hard to replace 2 voices from Pico Drum and I'd be losing the 2hp modules. Might not be worth it. I could get rid of the Pico Mix too and have 10HP for something like Noise Engineering's BIA or another TipTop ONE and a 2nd Plaits in the form of the 6HP knit (those small pots make it hard to tune but it may be a good sacrifice since I already have a full sized Plaits.) That would give me 2 solid drum voices but would lose the Mixer/VCA/Verb.

Thanks for reading!

PS the module has to have CV over pitch.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1752179.jpg

psychicbriars.bandcamp.com

Easiest option is a keyboard with an arpeggiator into your MIDI to CV module. I use the arpeggiator on the Sequential Prophet Rev2 into an ALM Mmmidi, but a Keystep and any MIDI to CV converter would work. A second option is to run an arpeggiating sequencer into a precision adder along with your MIDI to CV signal from your keyboard to transpose the sequence, but you are still going to have to adjust your arpeggios (up/down/random) in the sequencer. Voltage Block or Arpitecht might be worth looking into for arp modules.

Hi folks!

Let's say I want to:
1) play chords (of 3-5 simultaneous tones) on a MIDI controller
2) route that MIDI (or other usable format of chord/pitch information) into Eurorack modular
3) distribute that pitch information via Arpeggiator to a single Eurorack voice
4) have creative (preferable real time) control over the Arp up/down and time values

The output/result would be a chord sequence, arpeggiated through modular, with real-time control of chord pitches plus some control of the arp pattern.

How would you suggest doing this?

I already have a bunch of modular gear, but above is a new "I'd like to do X" idea, and I'm rather scratching my head how to do it. Notably, I have 512 Vector Sequencer and I'm thinking sending MIDI into that might be a good option.

Thanks for your ideas / suggestions!

Nicholas

So here is my update. Removed the Ladik dual delay since none in stock for sale now and have the 1u Endorphin.es Milky Way and Goldenmaster 1u EQ/compression for FX and also effects on my other portable units to use and my Bluebox mixer.

ModularGrid Rack

I did order the Apex 1u module directly from Plum Audio as no stores had it in stock. Should be fun times. But stupid me you don't need the 1u stereo out module as Palette case can connect directly to jacks on the case itself!

Palette Case
If you own an Intellijel Palette case, you can connect the Stereo
Line Out 1U module directly to a built-in pair of ¼” jacks, rather
than purchasing a Stereo Out Jacks 1U.

https://intellijel.com/downloads/manuals/stereo-line-out-1u_manual_2021.08.16.pdf

But no worries as I can always use this 1u stereo out module on my 14u MDLR case that has 1u tile row as well :-)

Now I did also add a filter and small voice module to complement the Queen of Pentacles and so it can be either stand alone portable jam box or support my Endorphin.es Shuttle System and other modular systems. Added a WMD attenuator and Befaco STMix as well as a 1u dual VCA module. So I think that for now I have the key bases covered.

ModularGrid Rack

€339 for a tip top case gets you the bigger case others are recommending. With the modules represented in the above rack that are the same as what is in the mylarmelodies video, you could probably get all that for about 2k if not less if you are prepared to wait and buy second hand. Its around the 2.5k mark you mentioned in your original post if you want to buy new.

I get what the other commentators are saying as both the people in the YouTube clips have much larger systems they are using in their normal day to day. That being said I still stand my point that its possible to build a nice groove box in a small pallet case, the proof is in the videos. The music might not be to the taste of others but for a techno groove, a drum, clap, percussion noises, bass and chord was achieved in the mylar melodies videos and it sounded great. There was plenty of variety too.

I would buy bigger modules than these though if I had the additional space available to me. I think I might put together an equivalent rack in a slightly bigger build with modules I already have to see how much it would cost :)

You will enjoy Eurorack, I was all digital too but if you have 2.5k to play with, its great fun :) and if you don't like you can get most of your money back easily especially if you invest in modules that are made by the more famous brands.

I was just messing around with Makrow again and was having fun running a few of its outputs to the exp fm inputs of a few oscillators to quickly switch from unison to chords. It sounded really cool after I got it dialed in.
-- farkas
Nice

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

Found how great matrix mixers were using the 4ms VCA Matrix for some jam session this week

I was just messing around with Makrow again and was having fun running a few of its outputs to the exp fm inputs of a few oscillators to quickly switch from unison to chords. It sounded really cool after I got it dialed in.

since you're still looking for other ideas, I gotta mention some software domain stuff:
-- SonicCouture stuff including GeoSonics and others
-- some of the Native Instrument lineup like ScannerXT, Form and others
-- a lot of the GlitchMachines lineup particularly for "tech" sounding textures
-- Spitfire Audio BT Phobos
-- or any sufficiently wierd sample set (like Zero-G Ian Boddy Odyssey) run through granular and other mangling

There's SO much in software, it's really worth a good look. And so much on holiday sale presently. Some modest $s would get you a bunch of the relevant software.

AND assuming you have a DAW to modular setup (like Expert Sleepers unit) you could pass your DAW texture audio into modular for additional mangling
-- nickgreenberg

I would like to be able to do it in the eurorack.what i do now is load my own samples inro the 2hp play module.

A module that looks awesome for textures is the addac 112

Two Ladik A-520 (quad line->Eurorack boost) and two 3xMIA will get you six channels in 20hp for about $250. Add a third 3xMIA if you want all eight. But honestly I'd wait and see what you really need in practice, or get one A-520 (or an A-525, two in either direction) and one 3xMIA, both of which will have many other uses.

the new version has an offset, this will almost definitely do what you want - checked the manual - it seems to only be a +ve offset

to convert -3/+5v to 0/8v you would apply a +3v offset - possibly you'll want some way to monitor this, although for modulation maybe not necessary

to then to then get to 0/10v you want to amplify by 1.25 - again possibly you'll want a way to monitor

then a simple inverter will get you to -10/0v - I use a malekko invert mix to do this, which is a small and

I don't think there's any 1 module that will get you all the way there for 8 channels - but then again, you probably don't need 8 channels of -10/0v

I don't think I would need that many channels of -10/0v modulation (& I've got 1600+hp)

another option might be 3 happy nerding 3*mia - I think each channel can invert and amplify

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Thank you for the advice! Quick question though. I can't seem to confirm if Veils' primary inputs are normalled to a fixed voltage. If they are not, I'd need to provide one to get the result I'm looking for (as I understand it).

Have byen thinking if it would make sense to selv grand terminal and the expander.and get plaits.beads and a desmodus instead.

Would that make sense in this build?

2*veils - all 8 channels will amplify by up to 20dB & have offsets in the new version i believe

the amplification on blinds is related to the cv input so you'd also need a fixed voltage higher than 1v to get past unity gain - unless you wanted to buy 4 and use every other channel as an offset - see the manual

Hello all,

I have an OXI ONE on the way, but its 8 cv outputs are an awkward -3/+5v. I'd like to scale and offset these voltages to +/-5v, and have access to +/-9.5v. I'd like full range at the +/-5v, but I don't need the full range at +/-9.5v -- in other words if I'm at -9.5v I don't need to be able to oscillate all the way up to +9.5v.

Erogenous tones cv8 is super straighforward and does what I need... except amplification.

2x tiptop Miso is super cost effective but again, doesn't apply any gain.

Adding 8 amplifiers to either of those solutions becomes very expensive, so what I'm looking at is either 2x blinds, 2x veils, or 1x blinds + 1x veils. This offers 8 channels of cv offset/amplification/attenuation/cascaded mixing (and bonus inversion OR lin/exp behavior) for around 400 USD. Is there any better way to do this or have I found the best prebuilt solution I'm going to find?

EDIT: 2x MISO + 2x Synthrotek MIXIV is similar price and hp to 2x veils or blinds, but if costs are the same I think the MI modules would provide a bit more functionality.

This sounds great! Just my style. I have yet to try "Beads as a voice" but this is convincing me I should. Thanks for sharing.
-- TumeniKnobs

Thank you ! Yes it’s something to test definitely. Maybe I have to try it again as a voice too :)

Hi Yunyun,

Wow, this is a great track! That sound that kicks in at 0:52, gave me goose bumps! :-) It sounds to me like an almost symphonic composition, very well done!

Lovely video with your rack in the greenery does the rest :-) Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, please keep the good work coming and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you a lot for your support !
Yes there’s some classical vibes in this patch.
Next track is already recorded ;)

Same here I have a couple larger cases and the small cases for swapping stuff out and using for sequencers and mixers. Most of the big shots on YouTube get free or demo gear so I don’t worry much about them. The ARP 2600 is great especially the lower cost version from Behringer and Uli also is recreating the larger Moog System 15, 35 and 55 synths at a way more affordable price point. I mean 3k for a Moog System 55 clone that would cost 4ok from Moog.

Not that my opinion holds a ton of weight, but Luiga is totally right. I just picked up a palletate, but I also have a 920 hp main build (started with a mantis) and can rotate things in an out of my palette when I want to focus on something specific. I wouldn’t consider this as a main case for anything as the form factor really is a constraint and for all the money you spend to fill it up you end up compromising on modules when you are trying to make things fit. Unless you plan on making videos with pictures of succulents it will become frustrating and/or boring because of the limitations and constantly having to try and make things fit that really belong in a bigger case.

When you have lots of modules to swap in and out you can dial in a nice set of modules, while at the same time switch things up all the time so things don’t get stale, which is what you see all the you tubers doing. Heck some times I only have a couple modules in the pallette but I am not forcing myself to cram as much functionality in as possible which does give you much more freedom to pick both modules based on both form and function.

As others have said you can put together a nice little groove box, but when starting out I think this focused design is just a disaster waiting to happen as you don’t really know what workflow works for you and what modules you like. It’s much easier to fill 62 when you know what you are trying to achieve. I actually think if you have to ask what modules you should get to fill a small case you definitely shouldn’t get one, but that’s me I am glad I started with a mantis and now have enough hp that I can swap things in an out of several different case builds with a specific intent and see what works for me for a given project and set of goals.

Indeed I have some on preorder as they are great value and will improve my palette sequencer case. I’m into techno, west coast and ambient music an area that Endorphin.es excels in since they are focused on modular dance music. Julia Bondar at Endorphin.es has great videos performing with their gear so they eat their own dogfood. After this case, I’m done buying for a while. With two large cases of Eurorack and my three portable modular systems, I have plenty to keep me busy cutting new tracks of music.

The endorphin.es tiles DO look interesting. Most of the time when you're filling out a tile row, it's just utility stuff. Not in their case, though...you get real functionality on par with some 3Us. They're also a good bit more economical than much of endorphin.es's stuff...in truth, they're kind of a bargain, all things considered. That pairing I put in is a pile of awesome for $400...stereo comp/limiter, stereo FX...ain't no joke!

Had a quite long reply to this, and MG ate it with their goofy "login" thing. Eh...screw it...

Simply put: get a bigger case for not much more $$$, like a Doepfer LC9 or Tiptop Mantis. Don't build things like this, as "full systems" in these tiny cases tend to never work as expected. And take more than a week to research this; many MG users will pore over their builds for literally MONTHS, because that's the degree of attention and research involved in REALLY nailing a build that, when all of the stuff shows up, works as you'd want from Square One.

Consider a Behringer 2600, also. It's perhaps the best educational system for learning both analog synthesis AND initial modular explorations. It also only costs $650 over here; right now, Thomann UK has them on holiday sale for UKP 469. Add some basic sequencing, such as a Korg SQ-1, and you'll have something that just five years ago would've set you back about $10k (ARP 2600 + 1604 sequencer). Yes, people do bitch about Uli and his antics, myself included...but this isn't some Shenzhen backalley knockoff. It works and sounds like a new or recently out of the box ARP 2600, and yes, I did get to use one of the v.4 "orange" ones new way back in 1980, pretty much right out of the box. It plays very nicely with Eurorack or any other system that uses 1V/8va scaling and positive trig/gates. Plus, this thing's built like a tank, and it's rackmountable in an 8U roadcase...as opposed to Korg's 2600M, which is missing the 3620 keyboards "extras" (which are on the B.2600, which is smaller...?), looks rather cheap for something that runs around $2k, and doesn't share in the portability of either the 2600FS (had the wood/tolex case, like the original) or an original ARP.

Another learning tool: VCV Rack. It's called a "Eurorack simulator" for very good reasons. It's also free, and you can get hundreds of modules for the system for free as well...with some others being VERY cheap. And there's emulations of modules you'll find on here, often designed and programmed with the cooperation of those Eurorack manufacturers.

Lastly, don't believe everything you see and hear on YouTube. While some of us CAN do tiny builds like this, more often than not these are "mission-specific" things, such as a rework I did for sacguy71 to add a few things to a sequencing/control Palette 104. This is actually intended as a companion to an endorphin.es Shuttle System and, undoubtedly, a few other toys as well. When you see someone on YT shilling for a do-it-all minibuild that presumably contains a full-on modular with everything needed, and their studio looks like a Hollywood set (ergo, pretty much unused), DO NOT TRUST THEM. Real working studios tend to be more messy...cables all over, big stacks of gear, lots of notes stuck here and there, and the like. And YT still has an under-the-table problem with presenters getting "considerations" from firms whose equipment they're using. This is something that's gone on for years...I experienced a "push" toward that a few times when writing for "Recording", a gig I'd had enough of when it became clear that it required me to compromise some of my ethics.

Cool sounds from that patch with the new toys, nicely done.

Many thanks Lugia for the awesome tips. What are your thoughts on the Afteraudio 1u piques module and upcoming Endorphin.es 1u modules? Right now the above case is work in progress and I have the sequencer and drum module on the way with the Palette case. I also have a spare Doepfer 6u case for overflow modules as needed. I’m building a powerhouse mobile rig with Endorphin.es to complement my Make Noise Shared System and ALM Super Coupe.

How's this?
ModularGrid Rack
I dropped the second 1U mixer in deference to adding a stereo FX device from endorphin.es. Once this was changed, this left new room in the tiles for a Mutable Ripples clone (with quad CV in expander), a Duatt for either extra mixing or attenuverters, a MIDI interface in case you want to run this via an external clock or another sequencer, and the proper Intellijel Stereo Out so that the Palette's 1/4" jacks can be used here. Yes, I know it's mainly a sequencing rig...but one last curveball here just for that: a Ladik dual gate/trig delay so that you can slip a little "slop" into a couple of the drum trigger paths...controllable manually or via the Apex. This'll make things humanize a little, or you can "slip" one or two drums for a hint of syncopation.

With the Shuttle System, this thing'll seriously walk that walk!

Everyone needs at least one Maths in their setups. I have one in my shared system and love it so much that I ordered a second maths for my palette sequencer case. Get the cv.ocd box let’s you send midi to cv from your Elektron gear. I use mine with my Octatrack and modular plus you won’t waste precious space in your rack for a similar module.

First up, if you've got something in there (and you do) that already has its own case and its own power, put it back in those. Right now, you've got 190 hp covered in these...and that's not only an expensive way to case these, it's killing the room you need for the actual modules. Once you take these out, you'll first of all want to toss all of the 2 hp and 3 hp stuff...those controls are way too fussy, plus when you put several of them together, you wind up with a situation where you need fingers like chopsticks to fit in between the knobs. Get 'em out of there and go with larger versions of the same circuit but with far better ergonomics.

Also, there's a lot of on-panel power supplies. Not only am I wondering why/how these are set up this way, I would suggest that you go with something a LOT heftier if there's a question about current supply. One suggestion, which will certainly result in more than ample amperage, is this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/trogotronic-m-15 . With 5000 mA on both 12s and 1000 mA on the +5, there'll be literally NO normal way to overdraw it if this rig is split into two cabs. Just get two of these, stick 'em in each cab, and rest easy. If you can't find these in retail, check with Trogotronic directly. Also, a majorly overspecced supply like this will run very cool at a lower current draw, and given that heat is definitely an enemy of synthesizers, you want that.

The workflow on this, also, has some odd things about it. The build really has this "stuff thrown in a box" feel, and there's no clear logic to the layout. This setup might look cool, but to me it just looks like it'd be a total bitch to patch up anything useful in here. And that's important; if you want a modular that plays well, you want it set up so that anyone with a passing knowledge of synths can make sense of what functions are where. This makes it far more intuitive for you.

I would work on this...but I can't tell what reaction you'll have if I do, as there'll be a lot of stuff that I'd yank in deference to factors such as ergonomics and functionality, and I'm not sure I'd want to dive into a situation like that. It's a big build, and it's got problems, but it's a level of work that I wouldn't want to do if I'm going to get a lot of snark and static about the changes. That seems to happen more as of late, and I'm tired of doing several hours of work only to have someone rip me some new orifices because [INSERT RATIONALE HERE].

I’m building a portable rig but dedicating an entire 104HP Intelijel 4u case just to support modules with a sequencer and single drum voice module nothing else. I have two small modular synths that have support modules like VCAs and attenuators but even so the need for modulation sources, mixers and tools like attenuators and logic will become more important to you over time.

Hi folks,

I am building a travel case that has a sequencer and drum voice and need tips on what would be the essential 1u and other small support modules. Here is a sketch:

ModularGrid Rack

I plan to use it with my Endorphin.es Shuttle System that should arrive next week as well as my other modular travel cases from Make Noise Shuttle System and ALM Busy Circuits Super Coupe.

ModularGrid Rack

Open to ideas and suggestions.