Thanks dudes. Have bought the very impressive Joranalogue Filter 8. I think that will keep me busy for quite some time.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into those you mentioned. Mainly lowpass filtering at the moment until I can get more space.

Hi, this is my current Rackbrute 6U layout. I'm a modular noob and I've tried to pick sensible modules to complement my synths and drum machines but after doing much research on Youtube there were some modules I just had to have as they seemed so perfect for my taste in music. I am totally addicted to this new hobby and have been creating (to me anyway) magical sounds with this kit so far. I do plan on buying a Pittsburgh Modular 420HP rack to go completely wild in the future as there is so much more to discover but for now I'm just concentrating on learning the ropes with this kit for now so to speak.
So, I have 16HP left which I want to fill up with a good filter or filters as I feel I need more for sound experimentation. I am leaning towards the Xaoc Belgrad as it seems multi-dimensional and very capable, but I also like the sound of the Schlappi Engineering 100 Grit but that seems a bit one dimensional so maybe better suited for when I get more HP.
Any other recommendations would be great.
My music preferences are for Techno, Hardcore/House/Disco type nonsense.
I also use alongside this a Moog DFAM and Mother32, Arturia BSP, Arturia Minibrute 2 and an Erica Synths Bassline DB-01

ModularGrid Rack

I won't be able to afford everything immediately so thought I could start with Maths, Veils, Plaits and Links as a starter set. Wise?

Hi all, some problems with this forum showing the correct layout. Seem to have sorted it.
Anyway, I am new to this modular synthesis lark and having read a lot of the forum rack examples I have decided to take the plunge and ask for your advice whether my layout idea will be useful to me. I have taken the advice of Jim, Lugia and others about having lots of tools and utilities modules rather than sound sources and would like anyone's opinion on whether this layout will work for me. I have a Minibrute 2, Mother 32, DFAM, Beatstep Pro and TR8-S which I hopefully can use as the sound sources for this setup plus I liked the sound of the Manis Iteras so included that aswell. I will be mostly designing sounds and rhythms to be used in techno/hardcore type music.
Thanks for looking

Rich

ModularGrid Rack