Thread: Multi-block

I might build this if I can sell my Roland Jupiter 4 at a good price. It's in being refurbished as we speak.

Thanks FSK an Upright. I copied your copy, FSK. Honestly, I've looked at Maths several times (YouTube) and have seen it do a bunch of neat things, but never saw it do a bunch of things at once. Therefore went for stand alone stuff. Will keep on looking. 

At this point my attention is moving towards a midi/CV controller for my Moog and repair +MIDI for my Roland Jupiter 4. Likely , I'll look at a more abbreviated modular depending on what I see is a need. Those synthesizer outputs could have a nice path to follow through the modular, or the modular could be synth Midi channel #5,6. It'd be input, effects and rhythm heavy for sure. Gotta route the guitar through it too! Guitar is just a backup because of the way I can't play it! 

Oh. Spock also looks like a cool little too . AND,  Xor OR NOT!

Yah FSK...Thanks.....Being new to modular, the snazzy FX isn't doing it for me. I have somewhat of a Moog/Roland mindset. I like the triggerman and slipped that in.

Also added dual mixers.  It doesn't seem dual multi-channel mixing in one 8 hp box is available, yet. Trying to keep it in stereo, which a few of my keyboards are lacking.

Oh, Upright...you ask the million dollar question. My CFO has her reigns on my wallet. I may slowly start, then finish in a few years. Maybe by the time I am 50?

Now it's changed after advice from Muffwiggler friends. Made it longer, added some cost, but it's a more diverse system.....Thinking of sacking the Intellijel Dual ADSR for a MFB dual ADSR + adding the INtellijel Panning VCA instead of the mVCA. THoughts? See my AFF2, AFF3 synths.

Trying to keep the cost under $4k.....leaves $234 for power and rack rails.....almost there. Will make the rack.

I stare at this thing. Can anyone explain how the signal gets in and out of the ADSR. Or does it merely act as an output to trigger the oscillators? Confusion on my behalf.

I like advice. This is similar to my others. I want to run a guitar through it, use it as a monosynth, use it as a rhythm section, and finally feed through it to control my old MOOG with CVgate and trigger. Maybe three of theses at a time, depending on what I am doing? Critiques are welcome because I am new at this. Controls would be via my Roland D20 keyboard/synth sequencer or an old Korg Poly 800 as just a keyboard/midi interface.

Thanks!

Thread: Rhythm Rack

THis unit is probably out of my price range. I have another version wothout a rhythm section/clock. Curious from those of you who know, would I need a clock beyond the clock out from the MIDI and LFO? THanks!

THanks Togodumnus! I need advice like this before spending my hard earned cash. The Pittsburgh and Intelligel oscillators should also work as LFO's. That's why I selected them....Is that a bad choice?

Curious what those of you "who know" think of this rack. I'd plan to make the shell myself and purchase the internal electronics mounting rail. Likely, if I ever want a Rhythm section, I'd build another, smaller unit. This would be controlled by either my Roland D-20 (Keyboard/Sequencer) or my Korg Poly 800 used as just a keyboard. My real wish would be to run a guitar through it, use it as a monosynth and also to use the MIDI to control my old Moog.

Any advice on who makes good power electronicas and bus board?