I absolutely do want filters, but just don't know enough about them to make a decision. Are there any you'd recommend as good overall filter modules? Would Morgasmatron be a good choice?

-- canyllyr

ive played a few. i wasnt a big fan of the intellijel uvcf i had, but all the others have sounded good.
i wasnt fond of the control scheme of the lxd or the z2040, but they were both easy on the ears.
the doepfer lpg has a mean preamp and sick resonance and a little pricetag.
filters are fun modules to play manually so id look for one with a nice layout and cool features.
i remember really wanting voltage control of resonance, and feeling like i miss it when i play a filter without kt, but i cant remember ever using it a whole lot ;_;
a modulars a very personal thing so do some window shopping on youtube , figure out if you want low pass or state variable, 12 dB or 24 dB, &c

electricity comes from other planets

you didnt want a filter or anything dedicated to audio processing ? i hope youve got stackcables or something; otherwise youlll need mults sooner or later. its not a bad rack but it just kinda feels like all that modulations got nowhere to go

almost thought you was serious til you suggested modcan. good one lmao

im not talking about CV inputs, im talking about another Dome filter to accept a 2nd external signal to shift the frequency by, replacing the internal VCO, like the Buchla frequency shifters have. no Bode unit has implemented this feature afaik

the bode shifter doesnt even have an external shift input, cmon -_0
i'll believe those things are real when they show video, quite a few of them mockup photos have been built but by no means all

wouldnt any of the available wavetable vcos that load user tables be perfectly suited for this job?
that way you could use the whole studio to generate the spectra you want, then pick and choose within the rack

intellijel have no money for print a correct wiew panel???
its very disturbing my eyes...
-- razzorocket
i suppose they might would sell one if you asked them nicely enough but i just took it out and turned it around in my skiff ;)

Good Sale To SynthDaddy :)