Thread: 220427 as is

Assuming wave plane gets tracking issue solved, if not stick with SSL double deka (waiting for Paula to rspond re cal info for steve > tracking +2octanves) also not reflecting talk with suit re more time suite modules need 3rd time buffer new cab? ask- sell KYMA + oberheims )keep steinberger-GM70-D550-MKS70 but sellKurzweils and hjupiter), add 9 more time suite modules - CANT w/o new time buffer board damint

If size is an issue this might not make sense but the STG Envelope Generator is worth at least knowing about. As far as I know, the feature set is unique. I bought one and liked it enough to buy another.

When get is high, LFO passes through to VCO FM input, when it is low, S&H freezes and sends out LFO CV value at the time of the gate change.

When gate is high, 5v goes to switch, letting signal straight from LFO to go through. When gate is low, switch instead outputs signal from S&H to FM in of VCO.

Gate to S&H control in first is inverted so becomes -5v when high, 0v when low. Then it is run into a +5v offset so that when it is high, the control signal going to the S&H is 0v but when it is low, it goes to and stays at +5v so the S&H samples only then and holds that value.

To reverse (value held when gate high, LFO passes through when gate is low) just swap that A & B inputs into the switch and send the normal gate into the S&H control input with no inversion or offset.

key down gate opens VCA4 in C107 to let through PW from Q106 LFO > 960 shift in so sequence plays as long as note is being held. Gate high also goes to Q128 letting A (0 volts) through to stage 9 in, when gate is low, 128 switches to B to stage-9 in, B is being fed 5V offset from 564 stage one out. Extra EG between gate and 128 control in helped when legato playing caused 960 to go right back to stage 9 and not run.

Yep, that's the system at NESCom in Bangor where I teach and it is indeed MU format. The VCO count is actually just right for this machine and what we teach on it, even before counting the 3 other VCOs that can be used (the Q167 tracks 1V well and the two 960s can run at the audio rate as digital oscillators and also track 1V), which would bring it up to a max of 9 VCOs, with that still allowing two dedicated LFOs. More isn't needed because the lab also has other gear that can be interfaced into the modular through an instrument interface.

Mult in top row = C105 I/O, sample freq @ 6.5, irrelevant, irrelevant.

Routes LFO output through Q111 to a) give physically easier access to mod level going switch and b) allow VC of that level later. Also aded CC1 to LFO rate and CC7 to pulse width.

Routes CC7 into Q125 signal processor first before then going to the previous destination (the Q106 PW level input).

Version one of this patch for lab 2 assigned 200129. Use Q108 gain as final volume going to mixer. Experiment with Q141 square out versus pulse out, with different PW settings on the attached Q106. Experiment with the output level on the Q141 to see the interesting switching behavior of the Q128.