Hey guys

Thanks for all your replies.

It feels like I'm getting closer.

Jim:

They are small, that's true. Although I'm trying to limit myself in terms of skiff size as I'd be looking to travel with it.

As Ronin said the 2hp modules aren't too densely packed and as he has advised I've moved pluck but also moved another to leave more space around the knobs for disting.

As it is at the moment I am toying with the idea to build myself a skiff out of a leather suitcase to accommodate three rows. In which case there would be more space for slightly wider modules.

However for now I am also working with budget constraints. I'd like to have a full system by spring.

For now I have about two thirds of it already and I'm just about to sell: a tides, blinds, ableton push 1 and a couple of my lesser used guitar pedals to get a few of the smaller modules to quickly add utilities and functionality to what I already have.

I have: tides, veils, Rene v2, tempi, yarns, nano rings, plaits, pluck, quadatt2, disting mk4, nebulae v2 and the York modular eg.

About to get: 2hp TM, switch, verb, MI links, make noise function and the mixer.

Cg funk: noted. However I do also own a 0-coast. This already has a: function, contour + more. With that and an extra function in the skiff I pretty much have a maths (more or less).

I built my own skiff and I'll prob keep doing that as that's something I can do and enjoy so making a larger one would only cost me my own time plus the price of rails..

Ronin:

Pluck moved. I've also done away with the passive multiple as I could always get an external one or two.. Like those intellijel ones? That made space for poti as I think you're absolutely right that having one would help with batumi's functionality.. Not having to take it out of the skiff to change settings is worth the little money it costs and the 3hp of rack space.

I expect I will be upgrading my skiff in the next couple of months.

When I'll do that I will prob end up selling on some of the 2hp modules to replace them with wider ones.

It's all work in progress.

On the plus side what I already have is giving me a lot of fun as is.

I made a couple of recordings I'm quite happy with.

As I mentioned previously I have a couple of guitar loop pedals so I have been recording a jam on those then jammed again over the top of it. So in terms of vcos I'll prob just be using a couple at any one time (for now). This works quite well when performing as it naturally forces you to develop an idea in stages then to build another layer over the top.

Thanks for all the super expert input and advice so far. It's great to feel part of a greater community where others like to share their knowledge and generally discuss things in a productive manner