Hi GarfieldModular,

at first thank you for your detailed answer. If you give me a hint how i correctly integrate the rack with working links i will do so. At first i tried it with the URL to my rack but it was showing nothing at all. A link to the screenshot made the rack visible at least.

Yes, i'm certainly more drawn towards the more "fancy" modules. I own a Minitaur, a blackbox and a TB-3 besides the already mentioned Tr-8s and Analog Four. So i have already a little bit of the classical Stuff going on and went for something else with the proposed rack. But a logic module is an interesting idea and i will have a look into those again.

The mkII Version of the A4 actually has two control inputs. Each of those can be routed to 5 Parameters and you can route them to nearly everything. One thing i want to do with the Maths module is using the slew limiter to build some kind of ducking effect on the A4 with the triggers from the TR-8s. Sadly the control inputs can be used only for CV and expression pedals, but not for triggers.

The Rene is not set in stone. Maybe i want a more traditional and less space requiring sequencer like the Hermod. For the start i would focus on other modules and use the A4 for that kind of sequencing duties.

A more "musical" approach to randomness would be a Marbles instead of the Wogglebug, but it's using quite a lot space in my opinion. Some randomness should be included in the rack.

I don't like to have a bigger rack size, because everything should be a least a little bit transportable. When i need more space i would invest in a second case and find some kind of loose arrangement of those cases. I can't acquire all modules at once, so there will be free space in the beginning if i change my mind on some modules. Any advice which modules would be the best starting point? I thought about one row of 104 HP in the beginning and the second row over the next half year.

Thanks a lot again for your insights and advices. I wish you much fun with the A4. It's a quite flexible device in small form factor. You can do a lot with it once you’re familiar with the interface.

Kind regards
Worstname