Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, but the Hydrasynth just seems like a wavetable + subtractive + linear fm synth. In fact, feature wise, it reminds me a bit of my old access virus, which was a fun rabbit hole, but ultimately a curiosity that didn't last. I see the hydra has a couple of cv ins and outs of course, but I'm not really looking for linear fm. I have some basic 2-voice linear+exp fm capabilities with my dixie and m32 for now. And of course, using the voices on Akemie as additional oscillators (and maths, and Batumi, and my filters) should give me more sources for the same.

So far the only competitor im looking at seriously for the Akemie's is the Quad Op. It looks batnuts. But I'm leaning towards the more musical nature of Akemie's, seeing as though while I love me some drones, noise and wilderness, I do love to snap back to something musical and structured. That's why the dual 1v/oct and chord features sound great to me too.

Any thoughts on these two modules? Or any alternative "operators" based fm? Not really looking for wavetable subtractive, because while it's nice, I prefer (and find far more intuitive) sculpting harmonics with FM over searching through 100+ waveshapes (makes me feel like im searching through presets)