Lugia, Many of the systems that you mentioned, i.e. 360 systems, the very famous DX-1 definitely ring a bell here. The Vako Orchestron, Wow! That one made even more famous by Patrick Moraz.At the time I thought that one was going to sweep the world but for some reason, it kinda ended up being a flash in the pan though. Digital was where it was all going at that time but I remember when Vako came out with that beast articulating sound using laser optics on a disc. Very much state of the art technology for that period and it supposedly was to blow the Mellotron away. Yes, Nashville is quite THE place for anybody with aspirations that fall under any of the many facets of music production/performance for sure. What I find uncanny is how monophonic and duophonic analog technology gave way to super polyphonic devices with massive storage and easy programming interfaces, digital and wavetable as well as FM synthesis technology and it just kept getting better every release of gear at NAMM. Now it seems that folks are realizing the merits of the deep analog and want to return to the retro or vintage thing, hence the reentrance of the modular systems by the newly reformed and rebuilt company, Moog Music, Inc. as well as companies like Behringer that are resurrecting the good old classic dinosaur rigs like the Moog modulars, ARP Odyssey and 2600 as well as some of the early Korg stuff. Seems like its going full circle and I like it.