Thread: Korg SQ-64?

Lugia, you ding Korg pretty hard for snafus and special editions and availability, and that's fair - they should have their act together given who they are and how long they've been at it.
-- TumeniKnobs

Yes, and watching them gradually stumble like they have over the past few years is (and continues to be) upsetting. I have a LOT of Korg gear in my studio...but of that, the most recent has been a second MS-20 mini and a Monologue. I quit buying anything of theirs in the wake of the 2600 fiasco, which to me seemed to be the culmination of a LOT of screwy behavior on their part....or it DID, until they put out the multicolored MS-20 FSs for $1400 when you can still get the electronically-identical MS-20 mini for a fraction of that.

I've used Korg gear since I started, back in the late 1970s. And all through that period, they were ON IT...until they started trying to come out with "workstation" keyboards with dicey programmability around the end of the 1980s. Then after I and everyone else had gotten sick and effin' tired of the "M1 House Piano" on every Brit house track (check The Prodigy's "Weather Experience" if you've forgotten what that hyperused preset sounds like), suddenly they started coming out with REAL SYNTHS! Yay! And while things like the MS2000 were sort of...eh...this period also gave us the MOSS architecture that kicks ass wholesale. We got things like the KARMA and the Prophecy. Then the Volcas and the Odyssey reissue, along with the MS-20 mini. It's a pretty high peak to fall from, and they seem to be doing that as we speak.