Be sure to have something like a "universal" or "hybrid" choice in the list then, and not only IJ/PL!

That is a 1U module that fits in both IJ/PL standards or is this a new third standard?

Something that fits both! A third standard would be nonsense... :)

It would also be nice if there was a way to superimpose 1U (IJ) modules over this series of adapters :

I see that would be useful but that is complicated because of the way the drag/drop collision routine works.

Sure, it looks like it would somehow need another parameter at the module level to allow collisions, or treat this kind of module as "sub racks" in some sort. I get that it may not make sense to make this kind of change only for a handful of adapters though...

There may of course be other adapters that could use this kind of feature, as long as there's also a "rotate module" option! :)

We have rotate module for 180°. People request that for 90° but that is also complicated because the way the optimize rack space routine works. At this point it looks like everything is complicated :-(

Even though this isn't something I personally am after, I was indeed referring to the 90° rotation... just thinking that if collisions were to be allowed with my type of adapters, it would be fair to also have it on others too.

Again, I get that these are not minor changes, it's more a matter of having the possibility to have those virtual racks closer to reality.