Well... there are patch cables and there are patch cables ;-) But too avoid a (very) long discussion... I will just share some experience I made with patch cables here.

I have just recently made some very bad experience with Endorphin.es patch cables, far too thin, not nice to use and the slipped out of my patch cable holders from Voltcraft ML-1 SW 14 "Messleitungshalter" (German for lab cable holder, freely translated). Not only the cable were very thin but also the plugs. I don't understand why Endorphin.es (who has in my opinion to keep up a good name in the market) wants to offer such a poor type of patch cables...

Anyway, I also less recently but after I posted here above my recommendation about Cordial CPI series, made some very good experience with Vermona patch cables. I think they are even a notch or two better than Cordial CPI series and roughly about in the same price category. The prices of these top-notch cables is quite an issue hence why I buy small patch cables from Make Noise. For that kind of money great patch cables (not top-notch though) and wouldn't cost you an arm or a leg and for the longer patch cables I still make them myself.

Regarding stackables, I actually never owned them myself, however seen and used them at my local dealer and from the above comments here I straight away knew that's not the road to go. External splitter might be an idea however why not just get a bunch of buffered multiples and all problems are solved? ;-) At my signature you will find my website where you can download for free PDF formatted review reports. All the multiples I have, I have reviewed them and published a review report of those. I am in the middle of all testing them in the same way so a more fair way of comparing them to each other will be established. By March/April I hope to have updated all the multiple review reports (those with Appendix A v1.26 or later are the updated ones and the ACL one is one of the new style measured multiples too). In Appendix A (separately downloadable at the "Other documents" tab) you can find in subparagraph 2.5.2.4 The multiple functionality in details how I have tested it.

Happy patching to everyone and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads